Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

So seems like Netflix spoiled the next three players that get eliminated through their teaser for next week. They are
Vince,Ruksana and Jackson

Yes - annoyed me when that teaser came up during the credits and made it quite obvious who at least one of the blockees were, and blatantly obvious if you concentrated.

Another good block of episodes though I don't think it is anywhere near as strong as the last two seasons. Not sure how much further they can go with the Burner Profile twist - was interesting for about 5 minutes but soon became quite boring and not quite sure how that gave someone the power of "popularity". Also just like the Queer Eye bloke last year the "celebrity" judged game just dragged down an entire episode too.

So seems like Netflix spoiled the next three players that get eliminated through their teaser for next week. They are
Vince,Ruksana and Jackson
I also caught that. They’ve been pretty bad with spoilers this year. They also spoiled Ashley/Matt as an influencer in the pre-season trailer. It was pretty obvious what Matt’s circle dream was. That said I was shocked to learn they hadn’t spoiled the burner profile twist as it sounds like Kai had it in the trailer.

Yes - annoyed me when that teaser came up during the credits and made it quite obvious who at least one of the blockees were, and blatantly obvious if you concentrated.
They spoiled both. You can clearly see the remaining players when Jacki is in the gym and says “there’s a clear divide between these groups here”. I believe the clips of the two blocked players are recycled.

I agree the hosted game was lame. Let’s hope it doesn’t make an appearance in future seasons. As for the Burner Profile it’s clear that they’re ending that after the next blocking… Just like The Joker from season 2 it will be a guessing game for the remainder of the season.

I'm struggling to stay interested in the show this time tbh. There's no stand out player and it all seems a bit ...pedestrian.

Yes, it's not really firing and I agree there is nobody really to get behind. Even with the show now clearly split into two opposing alliances I don't find myself as a viewer backing either one of them.

Talking of spoilers:
The default image for me on Netflix always goes back to Daniel and James in the Hangout, suggesting they're influencers at some points, which the last ratings back up as coming soon.

However they also stuck Calvin in the featured image for episode 8 despite leaving in episode 7.

The first two episodes this week seemed to drag but things got back on track.

Even though I had Ruksana in the #1 spot in my ratings I’m with The Band. Nick’s initially annoyed me but won me over this week with the strategy. I love the dynamic of Isabella/Sophia, Ashley/Matt, and Jackson/Rachel being a team of catfish. I can see why people find Daniel annoying.

Overall it’s not the greatest series but it’s definitely better than the first US series, Celebrity Circle, and UK series 3 IMO.

So far a similar trajectory to the third UK series which means they get away with the random twists a bit more than the UK version did when they seemed to be at a point of convenience. They seem to do it in a way where it feels like the core format isn't as compromised either.

Obviously moving on they'll have to go in their own direction. I'm hoping at some point they'll send in someone catfishing as one of the original catfishes - that would be fun.

So far a similar trajectory to the third UK series which means they get away with the random twists a bit more than the UK version did when they seemed to be at a point of convenience. They seem to do it in a way where it feels like the core format isn't as compromised either.

Obviously moving on they'll have to go in their own direction. I'm hoping at some point they'll send in someone catfishing as one of the original catfishes - that would be fun.
It will be interesting to see how the show evolves now that they're casting more than just Americans. While casting has improved dramatically from the first series American's tend to be less quirky than those in the UK.

I can't believe James let half his alliance get blocked. Sadly I can't see anyone but Nick winning now.

James screwed over himself and Kai in the worst way. What's the point of getting to the final if you have no one to vote for you?

A real shame Jacki was the final player put in and basically the sacrifice for the finale as she's one of the most interesting players this season. I do wish they'd go back to four in the final with a double blocking at the end so deciding the final 5 isn't so straight forward.

Agree that although I've nothing against Nick he's a fairly boring winner and of all the Catfish relationships over the years Nick and Isabella has been the least entertaining to watch - and indeed although the series is still better than most reality shows out there of the three UK and US seasons so far this has been the weakest without the cast members or moments to lift it to the next level.

I quite liked the Secret Influencer idea with two of them but felt it would have worked better earlier in the game when people were less familar and the ratings weren't quite so predictable. Talking of twists too I think they could have had more fun with Vince exiting the game too - perhaps giving Nick the challenge of getting Vince blocked otherwise he gets blocked himself.

I must be watching a different series. While not my highest rated it’s still a decent series. I think the main issue here is that this is the fourth series in six months. Had this been a stand alone series or only one of two it would fair much better.

As for Jacki I think she had potential but was pretty overshadowed by the older cast. Her story about winning the money is probably the only really memorable moment of her time in there. That said swapping her for Rachel/Jackson might have been interesting.

As for Nick winning I’d be ok with it… Aside from James he’s been the most strategic. Realizing he was at the bottom of the OG players and quickly forming his alliance with the newbies and Ashley was clearly a smart move. I also kind of respect him for keeping his biggest threat Kai in the game and slowly weakening her by taking out her allies.

As for James getting rid of both Daniel and Jacki I wish we’d have seen more of their discussions but I think at the end of the day he realized that there wasn’t much he could say to convince Nick otherwise. Daniel had a strong relationship with Ruksana and not much else. As for Jacki it was the same and there just wasn’t a strong argument for keeping her.

I don't mind if Daddy Nick or "Ashley" wins. Or even Kai because she's got some great frocks there. James caved twice this week so that was pretty weak. Nick is so generic though. They're all pretty blah. Meh.

I don't mind if Daddy Nick or "Ashley" wins. Or even Kai because she's got some great frocks there. James caved twice this week so that was pretty weak. Nick is so generic though. They're all pretty blah. Meh.

Given the way James has played this game, would not be surprised if he has never watched The Circle before and his agent got him the gig.

I liked this season a lot. I got a bid bored towards the middle. Ruskana is someone I wish stayed longer. Calvin is my least favourite, his dummy spat in the rap challenge towards Nick roasting Kai was just hypocritical. I found Daniel annoying, Jackson boring. Nick is my favourite ( I thought he was going to be a cocky douche but he is hilarious and a has a fantastic ability to manipulate and control others) and Kai is overrated. James was manipulated by Nick twice in a row now, so I am heavily in favour of Nick. I don't enjoy the cloning twist, the Bruner profile seemed like filler to me. Thats pretty much my entire thoughts on this.

Nick is kind of Joey 2.0. Not sure why I find Nick less annoying than I found Joey, perhaps the the Sophia/Isabella angle.

As for Daniel I actually find his over the top personality and his reactions to be quite funny. I follow him on IG and while he mixing a non-alcoholic drink he says “I don’t drink because if I did I’d probably have an OnlyFans” 🤣.

Back