Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

Was probably due to Covid and people's abilities to leave their home city/state to travel to England. It's pretty amazing they managed to shoot this season at all really.
COVID may have but I think it had more to do with the fact extra players clearly weren’t needed. One of the biggest criticisms of the show is the amount of dead weight. Adding newer players in the UK is just a way to fill out 20 episodes. The further you get in to the series the less likely they are to stick around or win.

As I've said before I do think it could have sustained a couple more players - certainly think the twist of returning players fell flat here as Jack and Lisa just weren't that interesting to watch and the character they created didn't add much either.

Netflix will be happy though and considering Too Hot too Handle seems to have returned to one of their most watched shows I suspect they'll pull that sort of trick again. Considering though this is officially the US version though I do find it odd that they time the release so basically the rest of the world watches it first whilst most Americans are either still in bed or at work.

As I've said before I do think it could have sustained a couple more players - certainly think the twist of returning players fell flat here as Jack and Lisa just weren't that interesting to watch and the character they created didn't add much either.

Netflix will be happy though and considering Too Hot too Handle seems to have returned to one of their most watched shows I suspect they'll pull that sort of trick again. Considering though this is officially the US version though I do find it odd that they time the release so basically the rest of the world watches it first whilst most Americans are either still in bed or at work.
This series could have easily filled another episode or two but beyond that I’m happy with the overall series and the number of players. As I said before the series does tend to carry dead weight and as the series progresses it’s less likely newer players will really make much of an impact. I see no point in adding a disposable character for the sake of filling a few more episodes.

As for “John” I don’t necessarily think it fell flat... I think they just fell in to the same trap newbies do at that point in the series. The only advantage of adding someone completely new would have been to stir up drama with existing players. In this series wasn’t needed as the core players had enough of their own to carry out the reminder of the series.

Happier with that than with Canada's Favourite on Big Brother, though both were inevitable results.

Gotta say Matt was a totally shocker for me. Which is kind of crazy because I had already followed him on IG 🤣.

Last edited:
I find this a bit odd. We already know Matthew is a catfish so of course his face wouldn’t be his profile pic. Ava is not on the board along with the other OG players. So either Matthew’s face is covering Ava or Ava is the clone.

1F0B9A0C-B5A0-4985-AC0A-2F19D26D3A97.jpeg

Back