Skip to main content

The Circle on Netflix

This first episode feels a bit different to previous seasons. Wonder if Studio Lambert weren’t actually too involved with this…

Feels more like this is the first season of a US version tbh.

For me the biggest change is the set, otherwise it doesn't seem like much else has really changed from past series. I would say that it is disappointing that once again we have an all American cast and in terms of diversity it is very black and white. For me the series is at it's best when there's a wide range of people. The twist for me is what's dragging this series down, for one it's clearly just a member of production pulling the strings behind the scenes and two it's introduction so early in to the series has really sucked a lot of the fun out of the game. For me catfish hunting is boring and introducing the AI Bot from the jump has really brought the hunt front and center of this series.

Its something about the editing that makes it feel quite different.

It does make sense since the last season was filmed close to three years ago AND in another country. Behind the scenes, its probably mostly new people + some executives that aren't that hands-on.

Its something about the editing that makes it feel quite different.

It does make sense since the last season was filmed close to three years ago AND in another country. Behind the scenes, its probably mostly new people + some executives that aren't that hands-on.
There's going to be some obvious changes behind the scenes but entertainment visa are relatively easy to get. I mean a long time (now former) producer for BBCAN went and did a season with both BBUS and BBUK. IDK for me I'm not seeing it so much as the other things I've mentioned but that's just my take.

I didn't think it felt anywhere near as different as I expected. Enjoyed it so far - likeable can't enjoying the experience and I'm enjoying watching them. Even the twist doesn't annoy me.

Only thing is we've got through four episodes without a blocking or influencer chat. They might as well have revealed it at the end because I feel the Coming Up sequence gave it away any.

They might as well have revealed it at the end because I feel the Coming Up sequence gave it away any.
I have no idea who it could be after watching that Coming Up sequence. There's multiple shots of every player throughout except Max, but there is a moment with Lauren saying "There is still an AI in The Circle!" as well.

I'm expecting to go into next week with a twist that ends up with no one blocked, or the "second life" twist where they get a new profile.

Well. My guess was wrong. Turns out Max was just a guest, like Emma/Mel B awhile ago and not a real player.

The editing on this season has been getting quite sloppy so far. There's been quite a few instances where when the message is "being typed" and they made errors (ie words like "is" are missing, or words that are meant to be plural become singular or vice versa) but then when we see the sent message its been fixed up.

Also the fact they ended episode 8 on a cliffhanger, only to show in the preview a shot of a screen showing the outcome less than 20 seconds later.

image.png

And they spoiled the next batch of episodes somewhat with a shot of some notes from QT that detail a conversation that hasn't happened yet and what appears to be her plan for the rankings. Will be interesting to see that conversation playout next week to see the difference in reality vs depiction.

26XbORY.png

Last edited:
One thing I don’t get about the show now that they’ve relocated is how they were so hush hush about being based in Salford but have zero shame in making it very clear they’re now filming in Atlanta.

I will say that I love the new apartment block and how they have more than just three alternative spaces that can be used. Only downside is no longer having the apartment door slightly obscured from the main living area. IDK there was always something about the few seconds between knowing the door is opening to the person popping around the corner that was so suspenseful.

Last edited:
Episode 6 and we’ve only just now had the first influencer chat. This had been far more interesting than any twist. The standard format is a far more interesting watch especially when we have a full slate of players. IDK I don’t rate the AI twist enough for it to have eaten up an entire drop. Again Netflix weakness is limiting the series to 13 episodes.

Back