Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

Two things:

1. Are Max and Karsten shifty?
2. Will Chris and Jenna's apartment be passed in?
I had a look the other day at the real estates pictures of Chris and Jenna's apartment and thought it looked very homely. The wood was a nice touch throughout without going over board. Not sure how it translate to real life?

I don't know. We all thought Steve & Chantelle's chances of winning last season were zero but look how wrong we were.
But the people that bought their apartment said it was their last chance of the apartments on the side they wanted and it didn't matter what it looked like because they were going redo it anyway.

Can I just say ... I have never fallen in love with a bath so much as that wooden bath. Well that and claw foot baths. But those stone/ceramic flat sided free standing baths do nothing for me

I had a look the other day at the real estates pictures of Chris and Jenna's apartment and thought it looked very homely. The wood was a nice touch throughout without going over board. Not sure how it translate to real life?

But the people that bought their apartment said it was their last chance of the apartments on the side they wanted and it didn't matter what it looked like because they were going redo it anyway.

Can I just say ... I have never fallen in love with a bath so much as that wooden bath. Well that and claw foot baths. But those stone/ceramic flat sided free standing baths do nothing for me
wooden_bathtub_designs_by_stolis_oxpyc.jpg

what about this bath being a combo of both:) lol

From the some of the comments from people who went to the OPI today, it sounds like the boys apartment is a big favourite. Apparently Chris and Jenna's looks much better in person too.

I really hate that dee has such good taste because she is a pain in the arse and I so don't want to like her apartment. Apart from shop she doesn't seem to have done much to help her poor, hard working hubby, but love the stairs and kitchen etc...nicely done.

I really hate that dee has such good taste because she is a pain in the arse and I so don't want to like her apartment. Apart from shop she doesn't seem to have done much to help her poor, hard working hubby, but love the stairs and kitchen etc...nicely done.

I've missed you @Jo-bot!

I really don't think Dee's style fits with apartment block. Her style would be better suited to a townhouse/house. My opinion anyway

Open for inspection! The Block: Glasshouse opens its doors for a FIRST LOOK at completed luxury apartments
By Penelope Kilby for Daily Mail Australia and Jenna Good for Daily Mail Australia
Published: 01:52 AEST, 20 September 2014 | Updated: 17:46 AEST, 20 September 2014

As the contestants on the latest season of The Block: Glasshouse finish up their final rooms in TV land, in real time the finished product will open its doors for inspection this weekend.

And one of the show's hosts, Shelley Craft, says some of it's most dedicated fans have been waiting for doors to open since 8am on Friday to get a first glimpse.

In all, 60,000 are expected to tour the five apartments located on High Street, Prahran, over the course of Saturday and Sunday.

1411140852164_wps_6_The_Block_preview.jpg

Blockheads for 2014: As the contestants on the latest season of The Block: Glasshouse finish up their final rooms in TV land, in real time the finished product will open its doors for inspection this weekend.

1411174441858_Image_galleryImage_September_18_2014_The_Swi.JPG

Popular: Shelley Craft one of the hosts on the series said a first look at the apartments featured in this season of the show is highly anticipated - she is pictured here at The Swisse Block event in Melbourne on Thursday

1411140886340_wps_7_The_Block_preview_Peter_B.jpg

Keen as mustard! And one of the show's hosts, Shelley Craft, says some of it's most dedicated fans have been waiting for doors to open since 8am on Friday to get a first glimpse

The Block's Chris and Jenna have their apartment revealed online
video-undefined-21652FD900000578-72_636x358.jpg

For this year's contestants, Simon and Shannon; Chris and Jenna; Michael and Carlene; Dee and Darren, and Maxine and Karstan, the general public are some of their first critics outside The Block's realm of expert judges.

'It’s all been fun up until now, it’s the first time they have real contact with the viewers and I think they’re going to be shocked and pleasantly surprised and relatively overwhelmed by the amount of public support that they do get,' Shelley told Daily Mail Australia.

'The public are never shy about their opinions so they’ll certainly get some reviews. (Co-host) Scotty (Cam) and I try to word them up on what a big weekend it’s going to be.'

1411140936675_wps_8_The_Block_preview_Darren_.jpg

Victorian powerhouses: Former AFL player Darren Jolly and his wife Deanne have produced top-rated rooms each week on The Block

1411140977282_wps_9_The_Block_preview.jpg

Cheeky pair: Brothers from Coffs Harbour, NSW, Simon and Shannon Voss built a reputation for their architecturally spectacular rooms

The Block Glasshouse's brothers unveil their kitchen
video-undefined-212AE88B00000578-620_636x358.jpg

1411141043567_wps_10_The_Block_preview_Michael.jpg

The 'wow' factor! Michael and Carlene Duffy from the Gold Coast, Qld, have been popular with audiences and have won multiple room reveals and weekly challenges

The Block's Michael and Carlene impress judges with kitchen
video-undefined-212B62E300000578-419_636x358.jpg

Fans heading to the inspection are being encouraged to dress in their ‘wackiest pink outfits’ in an attempt to raise funds and awareness for National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) and its Real Men Wear Pink Campaign.

NBCF in partnership with iTravel will be awarding best dressed participants with a selection of prizes.

'It’s an astronomical building the renovations have been sensational hopefully the weather holds out,' the longtime host said.

But she wasn't giving away any hints as to which apartment she preferred.

'They’re all beautiful I would be happy with any of them. I'm a parent I don’t have a favourite I love them all the same!'

1411141134993_wps_11_The_Block_preview_Max_and.jpg

Forever young: Maxine and Karstan battled through a cheating scandal during the pointy end of the competition

1411141186640_wps_12_The_Block_preview_Jenna_a.jpg

Stunning: Chris and Jenna from Campbelltown in Sydney's west featured an entire wall of copper in their luxury apartment

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ompleted-luxury-apartments.html#ixzz3DranA2wI

Me too..I'm a cave dweller

Are you and @Inigo Montoya Aussies?
Most of us are addicted to fresh air and light is the reason I ask, and I can't remember re you guys.

Re Dee's styling - both my Block addicted sis, and my lesser viewing self agree, all of her rooms have come straight out of magazines.
We have both seen her kitchen in several, Vogue mostly. She actually has no decorating personality that I can discern.

I like the couple with that stupid steps bathroom's place the best, and the boys. And that bathroom will need demolishing.

I wonder how thick they have made the walls between each dwelling?

Shit place to live. Shit building - is everything triple glazed? Very, very noisy part of the world.

I really hope 9 fails awfully with this sale. Greedy bastards creating that dump in the middle with no windows.

I thought I was going to like Chris with his laid back attitude. Bit too laid back for me atm. Oh and anyone that loves decorating etc and hasn't gone on pinterest I suggest you go on there. It is really for anything and everything that takes your fancy but you get some great o/s ideas you might not see here.

Reactions: kxk
Love, love, love Pinterest for everything visual/design.
You find amazing stuff there don't you.
Fashion/style stuff is awesome too.

Can I just say how much I despise Dee... horrible horrible little woman.

She might horrible, but she is right about Shaynna.

What's the go with her wanting more storage, the storage you have the more shit you put in there.

She might horrible, but she is right about Shaynna.

What's the go with her wanting more storage, the storage you have the more shit you put in there.

I just laughed that they were bitching abut Shayna going on about storage "for the last four season". If they know she is going to want storage... why not just put it in. It's not like they didn't know she was going to say it.

I did like that they were bitching about Shayna as well and they were showing how often Shayna gave higher points than the other judges.

Oh and I agree about the storage. I lose things in my bathroom cupboards!

Back