Skip to main content

The Block: Glasshouse

How did the judges know that the books etc were bought at an op shop.

ZOMG: Don't tell me that they were told beforehand.

Probably just like Darren found the phone under the brothers bed when looking for power points. As if he needed to get down that far.

I feel sorry for Chris and Jenna. They got an apartment with no external windows. Who the hell wants to live in an apartment with the only light coming from the rooftop terrace .

Holy crap!! I HATE that book case! It's toooooo busy!
Max and Karsten should have won :(

I am pretty sure they the ones labeled "Cheats" from Dee's reaction[DOUBLEPOST=1410690340][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh Also WTF was with Shelley Crafts hair?

Max & Karstan should have won indeed. Michael & Carlene won the last 3 weeks when really they should only have won 1 of them (if that).

I just wanted to say as well that I hate, really trully hate, herringbone flooring. It looks so tacky and gross. If I were forking out over $1Mil for an apartment, it wouldn't have herringbone flooring.

The judges need to go. We need new ones.

I just wanted to say as well that I hate, really trully hate, herringbone flooring. It looks so tacky and gross. If I were forking out over $1Mil for an apartment, it wouldn't have herringbone flooring.

Wow! I LOVE it. I think it looks great and not at all tacky or gross, it's different which is sooo refreshing.

Wow! I LOVE it. I think it looks great and not at all tacky or gross, it's different which is sooo refreshing.

Ah everyone has different tastes. I wasn't a fan of the parquetry that Chantelle & Steve did last year either. Not a huge fan of lots of wood I guess. I think it just looks busy to me. I do love the panelling that Dee & Darren have been doing though - even though the brief wouldn't necessarily appeal to me.

Ah everyone has different tastes. I wasn't a fan of the parquetry that Chantelle & Steve did last year either. Not a huge fan of lots of wood I guess. I think it just looks busy to me. I do love the panelling that Dee & Darren have been doing though - even though the brief wouldn't necessarily appeal to me.

You 're talking about the head board thing? Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either. You must have hated Kyal & Kara's wood filled apartment last season. :p I'm the same as you with Dee & Darren their style is great just not something I'd want.

I like the herringbone but it's so overdone now. Kind of like when Matt and Kim had polished concrete EVERY WHERE.
If I lived there I'd get very sick of it very quickly. Its too busy.

OH and I HATE all the woods! Wood, yes. But different types of wood, NO. I think if wood is used in a room more than once it should be either the same or at least the same colour. Eg; the Dee and Darrens dining room had the herringbone floor plus a wooden dining table top. TOO MUCH. Should have had a glass top or something similar to what Max and Karsten had.

next season everyone will do the same floors, like how everyone doing the render, and for seasons they all included vertical gardens in their kitchens, two seasons in one year too much for me :(

You 're talking about the head board thing? Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either. You must have hated Kyal & Kara's wood filled apartment last season. :p I'm the same as you with Dee & Darren their style is great just not something I'd want.

The head board and then the feature above the bath. Ew. :p

I wasn't a fan of Kyal & Kara's apartment but I liked bits of it. It's funny though because I quite like the boys apartment this year. Not all of it though. Jenna & Chris' kitchen was my favourite and it was very wooden too. I'm a contradiction :D

OH and I HATE all the woods! Wood, yes. But different types of wood, NO. I think if wood is used in a room more than once it should be either the same or at least the same colour. Eg; the Dee and Darrens dining room had the herringbone floor plus a wooden dining table top. TOO MUCH. Should have had a glass top or something similar to what Max and Karsten had.

Too much wood and it just doesn't sit right with me :D I think a glass top would have been a nicer choice.

Holy crap!! I HATE that book case! It's toooooo busy!
Max and Karsten should have won :(
We lived in a house with a bookcase like that, built in and no way to remove without damaging the wall so I was stuck with for a while until we could afford to renovate. Such a dust catcher, annoying to try to keep it looking neat, you end up not reading the books or using any of the items. Happiest day when we finally demolished it and it made our room look huge once it was gone. Impractical ++

'They're just being rude': Chris and Jenna lash out at The Block judges after their living and dining space is slammed as 'clinical and uninviting' and lacking 'soul'
By Erin Van Der Meer for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 20:31 AEST, 14 September 2014 | Updated: 00:37 AEST, 15 September 2014

Tensions were running high on the latest room reveal on The Block Glasshouse – and especially for Chris and Jenna.

The couple had a fiery response after learning that the judges slammed their Living and Dining Room Week efforts on Sunday night’s episode.

Neale Whittaker, Shaynna Blaze and Darren Palmer couldn’t hide their disappointment with Chris and Jenna’s space, with Darren leading the round of constructive criticism.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

1410690457434_wps_6_The_block_14_09_14.jpg

+6
'It’s not the score we deserve': Chris and Jenna got on the defensive after the judges slammed their living and dining space on Sunday night's episode of The Block, seeing them earn the lowest score of 22

1410704850912_Image_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

Not a fan: Judge Darren Palmer didn't like that Chris and Jenna's study nook was built within visibility of the entryway, and fellow judges Neale Whittaker and Shaynna Blaze agreed

'They're just being rude' Chris and Jenna unhappy with judges
video-undefined-215A44B700000578-36_636x358.jpg

‘The last thing you want to see when you walk in the door from a long day of work is another desk,’ he said of the study nook Chris and Jenna had decided to include, which was visible from the entryway.

The couple seemed exasperated by the opinion, with Chris commenting that the judge needed to ‘get over it’, meanwhile Jenna said the feedback was ‘stupid’.

The judges weren’t done with their criticism, also lamenting that the ‘stunning, divine, beautiful’ wooden dining table was let down by the overhanging light fittings, which were much too small in comparison.

Chris and Jenna were also criticised for not going for a more opulent choice for their fireplace, and choosing a large television that swamped other elements of the room.

1410690475857_wps_8_The_block_14_09_14.jpg

+6
'Stupid': The couple didn't agree with the judges feedback on their space, and accused them of judging the pair 'harsher than everyone else'

1410690486049_wps_9_The_block_14_09_14.jpg

+6
Critical: The trio said the couple should have chosen a more opulent fireplace, and that the large television swamped the room. The room was described as 'clinical' and 'uninviting'

Rather than taking on the feedback humbly, the couple appeared to get on the defensive, saying the judges’ comments were ‘rude’ and accusing Whittaker, Blaze and Palmer of ‘judging us harsher than everyone else’.

‘It’s not the score we were hoping for and it’s not the score we deserve,’ Jenna said when the final results were revealed, showing the couple earning the lowest score of 22.

The winners of the week were Michael and Carlene, who took out the top spot for the third week in a row with a score of 28.

1410705066567_Image_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

+6
Polarising: Neale (right) was not a fan of Simon and Shannon's custom-made wall art, however Shayyna (left) and Darren said they liked it

1410705156105_wps_28_image001_png.jpg

+6
Lighten up: The judges gushed over the natural light that fell in Maxine and Karstan's living room

The large, floor-to-ceiling bookcase the couple included in their loungeroom impressed their judges, especially Neale who praised how the pair had styled it perfectly.

Only half a point behind them were Maxine and Karstan, who had the judges gushing over not only the apartment’s artificial light in the form of a custom-made installation hanging from the ceiling, but the natural light that fell through the north-facing apartments windows.

Darren and Dee came in at 26-and-a-half, with the judges loving the parquetry floors – a feature Neale said is one of the best things he’s seen in the competition.

1410705244840_Image_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

+6
Learning their fate: The contestants gathered to receive their scores for their living and dining areas

However, the couple were criticised for making the room too busy, and taking away from the room’s hero a piece – a David Bromley artwork.

Simon and Shannon left the judges a little underwhelmed with their decorating, mostly due to the loungeroom rug which was much too small for the space.

Neale also didn’t like a large custom-made artwork the boys hung on the wall of the loungeroom, saying it ‘jars with the absolute sophistication of the rest of the apartment’), and that overall the room felt ‘budget’.

Michael and Carlene were awarded $10,000 to replenish their dwindling funds as the renovation continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...al-uninviting-lacking-soul.html#ixzz3DIrlQEuQ

next season everyone will do the same floors, like how everyone doing the render, and for seasons they all included vertical gardens in their kitchens, two seasons in one year too much for me :(

I was sooo sick of the render and vertical gardens after the last two seasons but when they said tonight that Max and Karstan's table was made by Matt's Sky High Renders I was like whoa. I honestly never knew that you could do that to a table. It makes sense now in hindsight but I never would've thought of it. Kyal and Kara killed me with the wood last season so now I'm a bit meh when I see it although I do like Dee and Darren's floors. This one time. Not repeated for the next 2 seasons as I suspect you're right and it will be.

On another note, I just searched "Matt the Block" and the first five autofill results were Matt the Block render, Matt the Block nose twitch, Matt the Block twitching, Matt the Block tourettes, Matt the Block sniffing lol

Regarding C&J being slammed for the large TV.

That's what everyone wants, a huge TV.

Sometimes the judges comments are up their arses.

I have watched a bit more of the show lately & the judges seem to favour Michael & Carlene.

Regarding C&J being slammed for the large TV.

That's what everyone wants, a huge TV.

Sometimes the judges comments are up their arses.

I have watched a bit more of the show lately & the judges seem to favour Michael & Carlene.

I honestly think the problem this season is that the judges have consistently over scored. Everything is an 8 or 9 or 10. Even an 8 isn't thought of as good this season. As soon as a team sees that they know they have no chance. I think that's messed with some of their heads.

Chris and Jenna didn't finish their room properly this week so I don't think they should've won. And I really do think they have crap style many weeks and Chris isn't taking advantage of the fact he's a cabinet maker. But... some of the stuff they focused on tonight - like the tv as you said - and even the study. Well yeah, some people might not want to walk in and see a reminder of work but if you're the type who is working so hard that you can afford to shell out $2 mill plus for the apartment in the first place, you might really appreciate easy access to a place to check your emails, etc. They're just so black and white with some of their comments and then yet more willing to make allowances for other things in other apartments and I don't think that's fair. Chris and Jenna have no windows and no money so you'd think they'd take some of that into consideration.

Chris and Jenna didn't finish their room properly this week so I don't think they should've won. And I really do think they have crap style many weeks and Chris isn't taking advantage of the fact he's a cabinet maker.

C&J were on Mornings the other week (was on jump-in, but taken down now)

Chris said, he had made & installed all the cabinets in the apartment.

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/theblock/glasshouse/latest/week-6/jenna-breaks-down-on-mornings/

C&J were on Mornings the other week (was on jump-in, but taken down now)

Chris said, he had made & installed all the cabinets in the apartment.

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/theblock/glasshouse/latest/week-6/jenna-breaks-down-on-mornings/

They took the video down? Bloody hell.

If he has been making and installing all the cabinets then I will fully concede he's been a victim of shitty editing because that's surely not the way things have been portrayed. They were my favourite couple from the start and even I was like, come on guys, use the skills you have. Pretty shitty of 9 to try to hide that.

Back