Skip to main content

The Behind the scenes talk thread...

even old DR chairs?
The old Diary Room chairs back in the Channel 10 days were left in the camera runs as souvenirs. I know this because I visited the house after the 2008 season and all of the diary room chairs from 2001-2007 were in the camera runs. They must have got rid of them all though because when I visited the house in 2012 they were no where to be seen.

Yeah I know the chairs were in the house tour for the last house for channel 10 but I wonder what they're doing now...

IIRC, there was an auction of BBAU paraphernalia just before BB 2012 started, but I can no longer find references to it.

I vaguely recall Mike Goldman getting a chandelier?

Is it just me but I have always thought that the furnishings etc all looked a bit jerry built and tacky. I do like this years chandelier though and the gate. Everything else has that anything will do feel to it.

I really hope that it was NINE who pushed Endemol for a unique 'twist' (ie the pairs thing). It just didn't play out well and I'd hate to see them attempt just a wild change again - EVER.

Somebody mentioned a while back that all of the pools (S1-S8) are covered under the Astro turf each series. How do they stop Housemates from falling through the turf and into them? Are they filled with dirt or something?

Somebody mentioned a while back that all of the pools (S1-S8) are covered under the Astro turf each series. How do they stop Housemates from falling through the turf and into them? Are they filled with dirt or something?
Yeah those pools are all still there. They would have to fill them in with something to make it safe to walk over.

Afaik the pool from 2012-2014 was the pool from 2003-2004, just re-shaped with those shallow bits added to make it a rounded triangle.

Yeah those pools are all still there. They would have to fill them in with something to make it safe to walk over.

Afaik the pool from 2012-2014 was the pool from 2003-2004, just re-shaped with those shallow bits added to make it a rounded triangle.
Wow! I didn't even notice. :wideyed:

I watched the first eviction from 2014 at Dreamworld. Next to the Big Brother Cafe they had a small room with the diary room chairs that were left (2001, 2005, 2012, 2013 and another 2014 chair was set up for photos)

I watched the first eviction from 2014 at Dreamworld. Next to the Big Brother Cafe they had a small room with the diary room chairs that were left (2001, 2005, 2012, 2013 and another 2014 chair was set up for photos)
How were they looking?

Back