Skip to main content

The Beach Boys Megathread

Right now I've got a girl on stage doing the modern stuff (IGGY's her fave, used to be Rihanna), but her dad is amazing on all the Beach Boys up through Sloop John B and has a show set with all the great ones including 'I Get Around' she forced me to write this, but she just said she didn't. 'All About That Bass' right now ffs

Hells Yeah!

Thank You for the search Kismet! I'll just be happy knowing BW is comfy enough with the lyrics to sing that passage.
Quoting another 'he paid homage to an homage'

He must be to have even acknowledged the song and then sing it in part.

The above is a segue. Wouldn't it be nice if other artists were so accepting of a NOD to them?;)

Right now I've got a girl on stage doing the modern stuff (IGGY's her fave, used to be Rihanna), but her dad is amazing on all the Beach Boys up through Sloop John B and has a show set with all the great ones including 'I Get Around' she forced me to write this, but she just said she didn't. 'All About That Bass' right now ffs

I like all about that bass

This stage recording is brilliant! Good good Kismet!
Brian's monologue at end - Rubber Soul to Pet Sounds to Sgt. Pepper to Good Vibrations to Penny Lane...
chasing each other up a never ending spiral.
truer words

Just like to throw out a quick shout out to the 'dark horse' of The Beach Boys: Dennis Wilson.

Brian was the absolute driving force 'til about '68, but I always thought it was pretty impressive how the other members stepped up to try to fill the massive hole he left when he wasn't contributing all that much. A lot of the tunes weren't quite as good as they had been, but they still cranked out some awesome stuff. Carl took on the bulk of the duties, but I was always impressed by Dennis's input the most.

Songs like "Little Bird," "Be Still," "Be With Me," "Never Learn Not To Love" and "Forever" are just brilliant.

I also recently managed to track down his two solo albums - Pacific Ocean Blue (1977) and Bambu (2008 - released posthumously), and there's some great stuff on them. If nothing else, check out the track "River Song" from POB; total epic!

Not only was he the only member who actually surfed, plus the only real bona fide 'spunk rat' of the group, he also had the infamy of a pretty bloody intense Charles Manson relationship.

But that's another story...

Very tragic the way he passed away; I feel like he still had a lot of great stuff to offer.

Dennis Wilson: R.I.P.

Legend.

Just like to throw out a quick shout out to the 'dark horse' of The Beach Boys: Dennis Wilson.

Brian was the absolute driving force 'til about '68, but I always thought it was pretty impressive how the other members stepped up to try to fill the massive hole he left when he wasn't contributing all that much. A lot of the tunes weren't quite as good as they had been, but they still cranked out some awesome stuff. Carl took on the bulk of the duties, but I was always impressed by Dennis's input the most.

Songs like "Little Bird," "Be Still," "Be With Me," "Never Learn Not To Love" and "Forever" are just brilliant.

I also recently managed to track down his two solo albums - Pacific Ocean Blue (1977) and Bambu (2008 - released posthumously), and there's some great stuff on them. If nothing else, check out the track "River Song" from POB; total epic!

Not only was he the only member who actually surfed, plus the only real bona fide 'spunk rat' of the group, he also had the infamy of a pretty bloody intense Charles Manson relationship.

But that's another story...

Very tragic the way he passed away; I feel like he still had a lot of great stuff to offer.

Dennis Wilson: R.I.P.

Legend.

I always thought he was the hottest ( in looks) and probably one of the most complex of them all.

River Song IS art!:thumbsup::joyful: There was clearly an overload of amazing talent flowing through the Wilson gene pool.

I remember back in the early 80's, there was a Beach Boys megamix and I listened to it all the time during the summer school holidays. "Wouldn't it be nice" would have to be my favourite song of theirs.

I remember back in the early 80's, there was a Beach Boys megamix and remember listening to it all the time during the summer school holidays. "Wouldn't it be nice" would have to be my favourite song of theirs.

Megamixes were HUGE in the 80's! Remember all the "Hooked on" recordings? lol Starz on 45 I think?

Megamixes were HUGE in the 80's! Remember all the "Hooked on" recordings? lol Starz on 45 I think?

Hahaha, hell yes I remember the "Hooked on" recordings. Stars on 45 was MASSIV as Travis would say. Wow were both showing our age luv. :laugh:

Yay and thanks for finding the Youtube clip

Last edited:
Oh man, just spent my lunchtime listening to the following:

Stars on 45
Stars on 45 - Star Sisters (Andrew Sisters tribute band)
Stars on 45 - Disco Medley
Stars on 45 - Boney M Medley
Stars on 45 - Beach Boy Medley

There are loads more of these which I intend to watch later.

Thanks @Kismet for the inspiration for revisiting the 80's and Stars on 45 songs.:thumbsup:

Because I should ;)

Any questions, discussion or comments? Bring 'em here!
Because I should ;)

Any questions, discussion or comments? Bring 'em here!

This thread has brought back memories of my very first kiss!!!
I was at a party or record session,as we used to call them and this guy, (Loves young Dream!!)
very awkwardly aproached me and kissed me!...instinctively,
I was taken aback...but ''Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys started playing and Wow!!!
It had to be the most enlightening and romantic few minutes of my whole life!
I'm not sure if it was 'The kiss' that sent me into delirium or the song!
Either way,every time I hear that song,I'm taken back to that magical time, when everything
seemed carefree and wonderful!
Even thinking about that song now,gives me shivers!

This thread has brought back memories of my very first kiss!!!
I was at a party or record session,as we used to call them and this guy, (Loves young Dream!!)
very awkwardly aproached me and kissed me!...instinctively,
I was taken aback...but ''Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys started playing and Wow!!!
It had to be the most enlightening and romantic few minutes of my whole life!
I'm not sure if it was 'The kiss' that sent me into delirium or the song!
Either way,every time I hear that song,I'm taken back to that magical time, when everything
seemed carefree and wonderful!
Even thinking about that song now,gives me shivers!
Awe that is so nice that the song "Don't Worry Baby" evokes such a lovely memory for you.

Cheers :D

Back