Skip to main content

The Bachelorette

Could be....or Michael could be big noting around the mansion already peacocking etc and David took an opportunity to point it out....lol and it backfired.
Michael doesn't come across (yet) as someone who goes around big noting himself ... he probably is well aware he can't trade on his pro football past forever ... plus Sam's already let everyone know she's not into 'famous' ... she wants real

in fac - his football career isn't quite as stellar as he's made out - or as the show has made out ... apparently

Michael Turnbull Bachelorette: did goalkeeper stretch the truth about career in search of love?

IF you’re going to stretch the truth about your career achievements, best not do it on national television.

That’s what former Melbourne Victory back-up goalkeeper and now contestant on reality TV program The Bachelorette, Michael Turnbull, is finding out today.

Social media lit up on Wednesday night when Turnbull introduced himself on the show, by claiming: “the highlight of my career was playing for Australia and the Socceroos and also the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000.”

The record books show that the 34-year-old’s only games for the green and gold came for the Under 20 and 23 teams and not the senior team, the Socceroos.

Dale Roots ‏@dale_roots Sep 23
Michael Turnbull played: - zero minutes at the 2000 Olympics - zero Socceroos games - only 540 mins in the #ALeague… ever #bacheloretteau

Turnbull was indeed in the squad for the Sydney Olympics, but his only playing time came in warm-up games against Queensland sides Gold Coast City and Rochdale Rovers.
524444-ddc41dbc-6276-11e5-96fd-e6179f05e4c3.jpg

Michael Turnbull.Source: News Corp Australia

He watched Australia’s three games (Honduras, Italy and Nigeria) from the bench, with Danny Milosevic preferred between the sticks.

Earlier this year, after signing as an injury replacement for Nathan Coe at Melbourne Victory, Turnbull attempted to clarify his career in Europe, and stints with Italian giants Roma and Belgian side Standard Liege.

“There are a lot of different things out there about where I have been and everyone seems to have their own take on it,” Turnbull told Football Queensland.

“I was at Marconi in the NSL, but in between there was a brief stint with AS Roma. It was effectively a loan deal but then I had to come back for the (NSL) Finals Series.”

“From there I went to Standard Liege, to Bristol City, to New Zealand Knights.”

“(At Roma) I played a lot of youth games, but no actual first team games. I was quite young then. But at Standard Liege I played a few games including in the cup.”

368729-9586bcaa-6283-11e5-a366-6ffd7a84795b.jpg

Turnbull on the Bachelorette.Source: Supplied

Turnbull also revealed to News Corporation he had turned down a lucrative move to the German Bundesliga in the hope of picking up an A-League contract.

“I got an offer from a Bundesliga club. At this stage I said to them I’m looking to stay in Australia and I don’t really want to go back to Europe,” he said.

369118-e78d7bea-6276-11e5-96fd-e6179f05e4c3.jpg

Lawrence Thomas with former back-up keeper Michael Turnbull.Source: News Corp Australia

“Everyone’s goal is to play in a top division in Europe and if I was younger it would have been a no-brainer — I would have jumped at the opportunity,” he said.

“But because I’m a little bit older now I always saw myself retiring and playing in Australia anyway, so hopefully I can pick up interest from the A-League.”

Whoever Sam chooses? From memory, Michael asked her for time?
he didn't cut in on anyone else's time
was respectful about it
was respectful towards DevoidOfAllManners
and Sam gave him a rose - so yes - she chooses :)

plus I was also thinking that Sam can cut any one on one time short if she chooses ... it is HER show after all ... as Sash said (I think it was him) on the first night "You have all the power"

he didn't cut in on anyone else's time
was respectful about it
was respectful towards DevoidOfAllManners
and Sam gave him a rose - so yes - she chooses :)

You went on about Sam choosing yet he went and requested time which he didn't need.

Well, of course she gave him a rose. He is going to win at the end because it is clear she fell in love with him from the start.

plus I was also thinking that Sam can cut any one on one time short if she chooses ... it is HER show after all ... as Sash said (I think it was him) on the first night "You have all the power"

I will stick to my point of view that she is an idiot.

You went on about Sam choosing yet he went and requested time which he didn't need.

Well, of course she gave him a rose. He is going to win at the end because it is clear she fell in love with him from the start.
I don't believe he will win

I didn't "go on" - I stated a fact - Sam gets to choose - how, what, when, how long - its HER choice ... not Michael's, not Devoids .. not anyone but Sam

but carry on with your misplaced adoration of an absolute twat whose only interest is self-promotion and self-love ... may you and his mirror, passport and over-inflated self-esteem be very happy :)

For those who watch bold and the beautiful, dave reminds me of rick forester
I am more of a DOOL fan tbh :p
i don't really follow the story lines all that much, but I know the bnb characters because it's the show before the news lol.

You don't think he kind of looks like him, or the way he walks? Even his body frame reminds me of him. Kind of baby faced I suppose. It's that and a slight well very little bit of clint easy woods son I see as well

I will stick to my point of view that she is an idiot.
I think so far she's handled things really well ... she was never able to hide her emotions so it should be interesting watching her reactions to the various guys

I think we can do without the "last year I got my heart broken" and retrospective with walk along beach/pier etc etc at the start of the show though - fair enough on night one but she's supposedly moving on - so why don't they allow her to leave last year in the dust where it belongs?

I don't believe he will win

I didn't "go on" - I stated a fact - Sam gets to choose - how, what, when, how long - its HER choice ... not Michael's, not Devoids .. not anyone but Sam

but carry on with your misplaced adoration of an absolute twat whose only interest is self-promotion and self-love ... may you and his mirror, passport and over-inflated self-esteem be very happy :)

If that's what makes you sleep at night, be very happy.

You ranted, so yes, you went on. Plus, I don't think you understand what I wrote to you to the full extent.

The issue is Michael requesting the time which you state Sam should be asking them for time. So your point is invalid.

For those who watch bold and the beautiful, dave reminds me of rick forester

i don't really follow the story lines all that much, but I know the bnb characters because it's the show before the news lol.

You don't think he kind of looks like him, or the way he walks? Even his body frame reminds me of him. Kind of baby faced I suppose. It's that and a slight well very little bit of clint easy woods son I see as well

Ha my nan used to watch bnb.

If that's what makes you sleep at night, be very happy.

You ranted, so yes, you went on. Plus, I don't think you understand what I wrote to you to the full extent.

The issue is Michael requesting the time which you state Sam should be asking them for time. So your point is completely invalid.
you obviously don't read what I say either then because I didn't say she gets to ask them for time ... I said everything is Sam's choice ... the guys can seek her out but its down to her how long she spends with them ... if she's not interested she'll cut it short ...

I don't see how my typing 4 lines is ranting ... but its all good ...

fact: DevoidOfAllManner didn't get a rose - he's goneskies - forevs and evs ... bites doesn't it?

Back