Skip to main content

The Amazing Race Australia to return in 2019?

Not a surprising end. The presenting wasn't that bad, but I have a feeling this won't be as tough as it was. The episodes are already shorter. The villains are there to spice it up, but at the same time that could feel scripted, when they said the older team might be eliminated I knew they wouldn't be. Maybe playing it too safe.

I don't remember it but apparently the Canadian version did the flyboarding task and they had to go twice as high and hit a target. People tend to praise Amazing Race Canada as being hard but I think that's more in comparison to later easier versions of the American version.The earlier Australian one was harder for me.

The ratings will be interesting, can The Amazing Race get anywhere near the figures for Australian Survivor this year?
I think the main problem is the host, Beau Ryan is totally wrong, Channel 10 should have shelled out some extra cash for Phil, the host of the American version.

I think if this does 500-600k with good demos Ten will be happy.

Reactions: kxk
635,000..........against Block final days, I imagine that is a pretty good result for 10
It beat 7 crap etc, and HYBPA continues to kill in ratings, well deserved

Love Island is a failure???............ at 330,000

635,000..........against Block final days, I imagine that is a pretty good result for 10
It beat 7 crap etc, and HYBPA continues to kill in ratings, well deserved

Love Island is a failure???............ at 330,000

Nine have already said that they don't care about total viewers. The demos and streaming numbers are more important to Love Island where it does very well.

Amazing Race debuted to 635k and was top 3 in all the demos. That is similar to what Survivor Australia got for Ten a couple of years ago so they would be pretty happy. I think there will be quite a drop off tonight though as I found the episode not as engaging as it could have been.

Can't see the nuns lasting long, they will be gone next.....or a miracle may get them 1 step further, they are sooooooooo slowwwwwww

Nine have already said that they don't care about total viewers. The demos and streaming numbers are more important to Love Island where it does very well.
And of course.I imagine teens view it on their phones

Can't see the nuns lasting long, they will be gone next.....or a miracle may get them 1 step further, they are sooooooooo slowwwwwww

they do come across as a bit simple, maybe not much time spent in the real world.

LOL @ the nun who just said "Can I go in the back way?" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm going to hell.

Yeah so finally caught up with this.

Honestly, it feels like there are so many fodder teams. The Nuns were one of them. I think the Muslim Mum/Daughter might be the next. Tom and Tyler feel like the most obvious winners but the two sisters are being given so much screen time that I wouldn't be surprised if they take it.

It feels a lot lower budget so far, what with the namecards looking like they were done last minute. Plus I'm not liking that it's been all taxis and no "drive yourself here" legs yet. Lots of seasons live and die on map drama rather than cab drama but hopefully once the stakes ramp up a bit they'll start letting the racers drive themselves.

Lots of seasons live and die on map drama rather than cab drama but hopefully once the stakes ramp up a bit they'll start letting the racers drive themselves.

I've never been that impressed by taxi drama, it's just luck. And if it's a team you like it just pisses you off.

That was awful seeing that guy fall off the camel last night. Unfortunately I was only half watching it when I hard what I thought was a camel in pain, and looked up, and it was him. I don't mean to be blase over his accident, as it would have been mighty painful. Must be disappointing leaving in that way.
That Horse Milk sounded terrible. I couldn't help laughing at the Asian girl gagging over it.

The Mongol legs have been the best part of the race, though there could have been some luck with both what camel you got and whether you dug in the right place.

I bet Channel 10 renews this for 2020, the ratings and demos haven't been too bad, and Beau Ryan grows on you after a while, his enthusiasm is very obvious.
Not sure which team I want to win, at this point.

I bet Channel 10 renews this for 2020, the ratings and demos haven't been too bad, and Beau Ryan grows on you after a while, his enthusiasm is very obvious.
Not sure which team I want to win, at this point.

It was already renewed before this season started.

2nd full episode I have watched, on now & 1st show

I quite like this guy hosting, is he an ex footy dude or something?
He is very enthusiastic
That huge swing they just did would give me a heart attack

2nd full episode I have watched, on now & 1st show

I quite like this guy hosting, is he an ex footy dude or something?
He is very enthusiastic
That huge swing they just did would give me a heart attack

Rugby.

Back