Skip to main content

The Amazing Race Australia to return in 2019?

beardymac

john might've been the walrus, but paul was a cat
Earlier this year, rumours began swirling that The Amazing Race Australia may be returning after eight years away from our screens.

Now, even more fuel has been added to those rumours after Matty J spoke with the Hit Network's Amos, Cat & Angus this morning about a new travel show deal he is very close to signing off on!

More at: https://www.hit.com.au/scoopla/tv/matty-j-may-be-hosting-a-new-season-of-the-amazing-race

I used to really love TAR as a kid, and while watching recent seasons shows to me that the pacing of the show has changed a tonne, it's still a pretty fun series.

I don't know much about Matty J having skipped the Bachelor hype, but I'm kind of keen to see the show get another run, especially now that CBS might have more control. It's been a format that has worked pretty well for them throughout its 30 seasons.

This was much better than the US version aired when it was last on, longer episodes, tougher challenges and better casting as well. Not a huge Grant Bowler fan but I don't know what alternatives there are. I remember it was switched about in the schedule a lot last time and that led to it's being cut to the sadness of most genuine Amazing Race fans.

This was much better than the US version aired when it was last on, longer episodes, tougher challenges and better casting as well. Not a huge Grant Bowler fan but I don't know what alternatives there are. I remember it was switched about in the schedule a lot last time and that led to it's being cut to the sadness of most genuine Amazing Race fans.

Richard Morecroft.

It could be I suppose. ABC's Race Around the World also had participants on a tight schedule travelling around the world, but wasn't an adventure show. Does anyone know of any new formats which could fit the bill?

The BBC actually did Race Across The World recently, no British broadcaster has yet wanted to pay for The Amazing Race franchise so there's been various other similar things across the years. The latest effort didn't really work for me mainly as the race element switched off at times for sightseeing or doing rather boring local work to get more money to travel.

With the finale for The Masked Singer expected to be scheduled for 7:30pm Monday 21 October it would mean 10’s version (the fourth for the series overall) would launch 7:30pm Tuesday 22 October, with Trial By Kyle then premiering after the finale or following the series premiere of The Amazing Race Australia.

Back