Skip to main content

That @$^&*@ Song!

Who ever writes these songs are pretty bad. Way too cheesy. :yuck:

I wish they didn't repeat this task again this year. This is not Australian Idol.

The only song I like is the one the housemates wrote on the first season (2001) "The Housemates Song (Don't You Think That It's Strange). I don't like the housemates voices though in their version. They are all tone death but credit to them writing the song! :thumbsup: Give me the professional singers "The Sirens" version with the seductive voices any day! :) Part of the magic of season 1.

I really do think Alex is trying to emulate the success of the Season 1 song :wacky:. Give it up! It will never happen.
Ohhhh Gordon is in this clip. R.I.P. mate!

I didn't particularly like nor hate it, but for each of the last three days I've woken up with that bloody song in my head. Kill me now.

It's been in my head all day lol.

♪ Here we go…
Got the power in my hands. ♪
Never give away my plans.
Mumble-mumble…my NAME. ♫

♫ ‘Cos I’m mighty.
I hear the nominations fly.
Stronger as the days go by.
I’ll be the master of this game. ♪

(You're welcome :p )

I liked the song from BB01

But this one (not BB related) is a fave

Last years song was much better than this years. I always think of last years song when I hear that Boohoo ad on tv.

Watched the video again tonight on the jump-in site..

Actually I think they did a really good job of it. David & Skye's voices worked surprisingly well together. David has got a nice voice too he's really able to hit it, I say good job on all the housemates' behalfs it was a good show..

Good to see the last bits of Jason as well.. Loving it. ;)

Wonder what sort of margins they'll win that challenge by. (though they rarely tell us the results of those polls)

Yeah! Gordon was a great housemate though I thought he was a bit inappropriate with Jemma at times but cool guy anyway! :)
Gordon was my favourite as he reminded me of someone at work I had a major crush on at the time, lol.

I loved Oats ala Layla.

@Lucas: Tone death. :tongue: That's what Lawson is.

Maybe. I'm never good at noting lyrics.
I've got the same problem. Apparently it'll be an ear worm for us until we've sung it right, and complete. *shudder*

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't particularly like nor hate it, but for each of the last three days I've woken up with that bloody song in my head. Kill me now.

I have a multitrack head, so am used to full orchestral versions of any music I've heard recently or just thought of, but for some reason I keep hearing the whole house singing it, untuned and unmixed - they sound like a heap of scalded cats. Any time of the day or night. ARGH! Make it stop. It's actually best when my head replays Skye's solo recording of it. At least she has a tuneful voice.

Watched the video again tonight on the jump-in site..

Actually I think they did a really good job of it. David & Skye's voices worked surprisingly well together. David has got a nice voice too he's really able to hit it
Yeah, David voice sounds way better on the Jump-In video than what was shown on TV.

The song is super catchy and it's hard to remove from your head. For that reason, kudos to whoever wrote and scored it. Imagine how the housemates must feel! :laugh:

Oh dear I'm not alone then. I even had that god awful Leo rap bit going through my head. AAAAAaarrrgggghhhhhh!
Leo's rapping just sounds even more like "quack quack quack" than his normal speaking voice. He's ruining a perfectly decent Canadian accent with his duck-like tones.

Leo's rapping just sounds even more like "quack quack quack" than his normal speaking voice. He's ruining a perfectly decent Canadian accent with his duck-like tones.
Hahahaha yeah that's exactly how his bit went in my head, quack quack quack. Hahahaha

He can sing good so not sure If you're hearing impaired or what

Back