Skip to main content

TENNIS 2022

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
I don’t follow tennis much...but have favourites love Nadal, Ash, Nick
All doing well, we need a thread for Ash will win, 1st Aussie since 1976 roughly

But, it is the Special Ks everyone should be watching
The doubles have turned into the main event, they are pure fun....plus skills they have evolved since playing as kids and mates

And Alex Dm...can’t spell his name is a total threat in men’s

Good chance for Barty to end the drought I think! Fingers crossed!

The special K's are an absolute fucking riot. Love watching them both!

Yes hoping Ash Barty can finally break the drought for an aussie to win the Australian Open. I have been watching the tennis mainly the Australian Open since a youngster and I still remember the closest that I remember an aussie almost winning the Australian Open was when Pat Cash played against Mats Wilander in the final. Gees that must have been in the late 1980's? lol.

Would be great to also see Dylan Alcott take out the wheelchair tennis title at the Australian Open, also who knows maybe the Aussie's like the Special K's can also bring home the bacon and claim the Australian Open doubles trophy!

Yes it's been a very long time since an Australian man or woman has won the Australian Open. Here's hoping we see Ash Barty holding that trophy this year!

Cheers!

Reactions: kxk
She is remarkable, fantastic athlete and beautiful soul.
Great to see Eyvonne, I love her tennis, she was the only player you can compare to a ballerina
in my mind she played so gracefully...

How brilliant was that, and it took so little time I didn’t get a chance to feel nervous for her even when she was down
you knew she would win

And now for the fun show, Aussie v Aussie, can’t get stressed watching this one
I might get into watching tennis again at this rate
Been years since I watched, liked it a lot at one time or another
Always remember girls at school used to go for the hot tennis players

Congratulations to Ash Barty and also the Special K's for the wins tonight.

It's just a pity channel 9 couldn't seem to fit a few more extra minutes into the live telecast to invite the special K's back to the channel 9 desk to offer them one of their favourite foreign beers like they done with Ash Barty? Well at least they got a quick courtside interview with Todd Woodbridge before the close of broadcast.

Anyway let's see what happens after tomorrow nights men's singles final. Maybe they can offer one of the winning foreign players a locally made Australian beer at the channel 9 desk after the match for something different? lol O_O

Love Nadal, and glad he got to 21 before anyone, but he won’t retain that lead sadly

Russians are probably one of the most opposite cultures from us
They enjoy sadness, misery and being indoors, frozen climate
No wonder Medvedev stayed all grumpy for 2 weeks

Love Nadal, and glad he got to 21 before anyone, but he won’t retain that lead sadly

Yes it's great that he won although from when Medvedev took the first 2 sets I thought that it was all over and Nadal wasn't going to win that match. Anyway it's amazing how that match turned around and Nadal won his second Australian Open.

I was watching the live telecast on channel 9 after that match and I think they supposedly asked Nadal to join the channel 9 panel for a post match interview which never seemed to happen. Watching the live coverage of Nadal after the match he was lying down and then using the exercise bike with his team and I was thinking to myself does he actually know that he has to attend the channel 9 desk? Anyway after about a ten minute wait and a few tv commercials later the commentators tell us that Nadal won't be joining them at the panel after the match. I thought that was a bit of a shame if Nadal actually refused to chat for a few minutes to all the fans after such an epic win at the Australian Open.

Gutted 💔

276128266_5412044058807356_3223456450996898388_n.jpg

She strikes me as so modest and someone who possibly struggles with being in the limelight. I'm sure she's probably set for life anyway. Good for her. It's a loss for tennis and tennis fans, but good on her for doing what feels right for her.

She strikes me as so modest and someone who possibly struggles with being in the limelight. I'm sure she's probably set for life anyway. Good for her. It's a loss for tennis and tennis fans, but good on her for doing what feels right for her.
Completely agree. Amazing player, but the reality is, she's a homebody and hates being on tour. I'm so happy she gets to retire on her terms at the top of her game, but will miss watching her play.

Ditto all comments here
Damn it she is so clever, it is quite fantastic as a female role model
Legend
She is so much more than a champion and a sport success

I find her decision so impressive, it elevates her, she conquered those dreams, now what is next

LOL there are rumours she may take on golf next

Well the world's her lobster* now. Even if she wants to stay at home.

*TDW in-joke

Back