Skip to main content

TENNIS 2021

I just don’t like Pliskova for some reason.
I noted she referred to Ash Barty as "her" twice in her concession speech, not once calling her by her name. Very rude.
I don't usually watch tennis but I had to watch this one.
I didn't realise it was so stressful!
So glad Barty won, what a champ.
Same for me. That second set was an absolute ripper! Really rapt for Ash Barty, what a champ!

Honestly, still so stoked for Barty! So we’ll deserved and so proud to call her an Aussie. Pure class!

Good numbers too - 1.4M on 9 alone, wonder what they’ll be when they add in the Stan and 9Now numbers.

Also I just checked because I thought she might have claimed another record as the shortest woman to win Wimbledon. But unfortunately she is 2cm off the pace at 1.66m, with the holders of that title being Billie Jean King from the 1960s and 70s, and May Sutton from 1905 and 1907 at 1.64m. Multiple winner from the 1950's Maureen Connolly was 1.65m (5 ft 5 in), as was Chris Evert Lloyd in 1981.

The tallest female was 1999 winner Lindsay Davenport at 1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in), and not far behind her Maria Sharapova at 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in).

Shorter players don't have as much reach so it's all the more special when they win!

Also I just checked because I thought she might have claimed another record as the shortest woman to win Wimbledon. But unfortunately she is 2cm off the pace at 1.66m, with the holders of that title being Billie Jean King from the 1960s and 70s, and May Sutton from 1905 and 1907 at 1.64m. Multiple winner from the 1950's Maureen Connolly was 1.65m (5 ft 5 in), as was Chris Evert Lloyd in 1981.

The tallest female was 1999 winner Lindsay Davenport at 1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in), and not far behind her Maria Sharapova at 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in).

Shorter players don't have as much reach so it's all the more special when they win!

Thankfully Barty is quick with a killer serve, so you don’t really notice she’s tiny haha.

Back