Skip to main content

Survivor US - Island of the Idols

There is no one left I like as a person apart from Janet, so I'll be looking in other directions for entertainment - ie. as long as there is some drama and it's not boring.

Given who I have heard is in the final 3 there is hardly any drama coming up. The winner apparently also gets almost all the votes at the final.

This show is complete trash and somehow keeps getting even worse?!?! I can’t even be happy about Dan because like..... they should’ve done this ages ago.

I wonder what Dan did that didn't involve another tribe member, but was enough to get him removed. Unless it was just the producers realising they should have removed him already. (EDIT - an incident involving a production crew member. Don't need to know any more).

They were probably right to get rid of Elaine. She gained a lot of traction in this episode, and if allowed to get to the final four, could possibly have won it against 3 personality-free unlikables, especially Tommy..

Next February is going to be incredible for Survivor. You get the All Stars season in Australia and the All Winners season in America. I hope both seasons live up to expectations.

Unless you have no expectations because you are a sad, cynical bastard whose soul is slowly fading away one snarky comment at a time.

I forgot to record it today, so will be watching tonight (and have avoided social media today).
My care level is not as high as usual as I can think of many unsatisfying combinations of elimination order and winner, but nothing very pleasing.

an unsatisfying ending as none of the final three were likable.Glad that Kelli got to have her say and that
they are changing rules and the way they handle those type of situations in the future

There was no good outcome for me once Janet was eliminated.
The winner was just one of many unlikable players this season.
Glad that Jamal, Elaine and Janet were fan/Sia favourites, and that Kellee got to publicly give her side of the situation.

Apart from Noura I didn't mind the finalists in the end, those two at least gave the end some interest. Though the way they do the final tribal still feels very artificial and messy, they should just go back to doing it the original way. Happy Elaine got money as she wasn't a bad player, both Jamal and Janet weren't really that good though. I haven't watched the reunion.

Happy Elaine got money as she wasn't a bad player, both Jamal and Janet weren't really that good though.

Elaine completely threw her game away with the Missy vote, which was one of the biggest blunders of the season. Janet only lost because Dean flipped a coin successfully.

Glad that Kelli got to have her say and that
they are changing rules and the way they handle those type of situations in the future
I think most people were dumbfounded at how poorly they handled the situation in the first place. How could they let it get to the stage where they received a legitimate complaint and not remove Dan there and then? Piss poor effort.

I miss the old/Australian format of someone having to stand on a pole for 2 days to earn a place at the final tribal. It just seems like a non-event for the last ordinary immunity winner to decide who to take through.

I also think there are double standards between the way men play and the way women play. Lauren was in the exact same position with Noura and Tommy - she was 'number one' to both and both betrayed her. Yet she tore Noura a new one and no one was ever going to give her a vote, whereas Tommy was rewarded with her vote and head-nodding as if to say "good gameplay".

The immunity seemed much harder when they had to hold onto ropes to keep the stand steady, so they weren't actually bringing back that immunity in what I remember its original form to be

The immunity seemed much harder when they had to hold onto ropes to keep the stand steady, so they weren't actually bringing back that immunity in what I remember its original form to be

who is your pick for season 40?

Back