Skip to main content

Survivor US - Island of the Idols

Wow can’t believe what I just saw. Missy, Elizabeth and Aaron completely deserve all the hate they are now getting as a result of this episode.

I didn't know about the hate but while watching it, I've never done such an about-face on liking a contestant.
I had Missy and Elizabeth down as favourites, but I was disgusted at the way they not only refused to defend Janet, but made it look like it was instigated by her, and sucking up to Dan.

It makes me want to stop watching this season TBH.

The way most of the others turned on Janet was disturbing. And now two of the contestants who did conduct themselves with integrity (Kellee and Jamal) are gone, it doesn't look good. I can't get on board with Lauren's "Dan's behaviour has nothing to do with the game" mentality either. Turn a blind eye as long as it doesn't affect her.

It hasn't been a great season. The Rob & Sandra thing really isn't contributing much, there's only so much they can do with dull players.

Well at least they are slowly picking off the worst people. So many more to go.

No thanks to a 'reward' of 'PB & J'.
What do the losers get, even more peanut butter & jelly sandwiches?

I think the Dan situation is a lot more complicated than anyone here has really acknowledged, and the one layer that everyone seems to be overlooking is that from Missy's perspective, Kellee spent 2+ hours opening up to her about Dan making her feel uncomfortable and then Lauren soon after told her that Kellee is targeting her. You can't blame Missy at all for feeling betrayed and questioning Kellee's motives in that conversation, and as great of a person as Janet is, she also kiiiinda took it upon herself to target Dan and try to get him out on behalf of all of the women when no one really asked her to.

I don't know, it's a really complicated situation and I think it's just really shitty to see Missy and Elizabeth getting more hate on social media than Dan is getting himself. That's just stupid as hell. And production should be getting a lot of criticism because the entire situation was handled very poorly.

I think the Dan situation is a lot more complicated than anyone here has really acknowledged, and the one layer that everyone seems to be overlooking is that from Missy's perspective, Kellee spent 2+ hours opening up to her about Dan making her feel uncomfortable and then Lauren soon after told her that Kellee is targeting her. You can't blame Missy at all for feeling betrayed and questioning Kellee's motives in that conversation, and as great of a person as Janet is, she also kiiiinda took it upon herself to target Dan and try to get him out on behalf of all of the women when no one really asked her to.

I don't know, it's a really complicated situation and I think it's just really shitty to see Missy and Elizabeth getting more hate on social media than Dan is getting himself. That's just stupid as hell. And production should be getting a lot of criticism because the entire situation was handled very poorly.

They deserve all the hate they are getting IMO because they decided to use Dan's behaviour towards Kelly as gameplay and then lied and tried to paint Janet as a trouble maker.

They deserve all the hate they are getting IMO because they decided to use Dan's behaviour towards Kelly as gameplay and then lied and tried to paint Janet as a trouble maker.

Again, if you’re going off of the only information Missy had, she had a discussion that went for 2+ hours with Kellee about how Dan is making everyone feel uncomfortable, and then soon after that conversation ended she learned that Kellee wasn’t targeting Dan bur was actually targeting her. You can’t blame Missy at all for feeling taken aback by this information, and from her perspective you could just as easily conclude that Kellee was using Dan’s behavior as gameplay in order to keep Missy unsuspecting of a potential blindside against her. It’s not a black and white situation where Kellee and Janet were in the right and everyone else was in the wrong. The only people who you can unequivocally say were in the wrong are Dan for his behavior and production for how poorly the situation was handled.

Finally back to the game itself and a way better episode than most of the rest of this season.

Dean is a bit of an idiot. It's painful watching him go on about other people being goats, simply because he thinks he's an important player.

LOL at Sandra and the chicken. "Bitch!"

Finally back to the game itself and a way better episode than most of the rest of this season.

I thought this episode was actually painfully boring and the worst one so far all season :3 Lauren and Tommy are both so so soooo boring and not strong enough characters for me to care about her Island of the Idols mission, there was way too much time spent strategizing around the eat or play dilemma, and there’s really just so suspense left in the game anymore now that the Aaron/Missy/Elizabeth trio are all out. It’s gonna be a Lauren/Tommy steamroll to the end with Dean continuing to be smugly delusional about his position and power.

The Missy boot last week really was stupid from a gameplay perspective, and the show is definitely suffering now without her. I know everyone turned on her after the merge episode because somehow her actions have been condemned more on this forum than Dan’s, but she was a strong and unique character who definitely pulled her weight in terms of entertainment.

Has there ever been a less likeable and engaging Survivor cast? For me they are the hardest to warm to since Survivor : Thailand.
The only one I can really get behind is Janet for her basic decency, but she's hardly a barrel of laughs.

I mean the cast has good personalities, certainly better than RI, Caramoan, WA, MvGX, and GI at absolute minimum. The issue is just that most of them are all gone (Kellee, Jamal, Missy, now Karishma) and we’re left with Noura and a bunch of bores. Dan is so gross, Dean is a smug imbecile, Elaine’s edit is so sparse and her gameplay has ruined the season, Lauren’s edit is very sparse as well, Janet peaked when she was gaslit with the Dan thing, and Tommy is one of the most boring humans out there.

Missy, Kellee, Jamal etc at least will liven up the jury, but would liven up the game more.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the winner and the overall final 3 this year.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed with the winner and the overall final 3 this year.

There is no one left I like as a person apart from Janet, so I'll be looking in other directions for entertainment - ie. as long as there is some drama and it's not boring.

Back