Skip to main content

Survivor US - Island of the Idols

One annoying person down, about another dozen to go.

Highlight of the episode was Queen Sandra's rationale for voting people out. People say it's hard, but it's easy, you just vote someone out and that's it.

Very hard to get into this season yet when no one is emerging as likeable or interesting.

The second episode was ok, but it felt like it was in fast forward, it could do with an extra 10-15 minutes to flow a bit more. The Island of the Idols isn't really working for me. The elimination was a bit too predictable, you could see who the edit favoured and who it ignored, or just showed looking smug.

This is the worst idea Survivor producers have ever had.

Boston Rob and whats her name, this is pathetic, stupid and a show ruiner. I dont get it.

Also is it just me or are the cast as a whole an exceptionally boring lot.

I'm struggling to stay connected with this. I know its only two episodes in but its not a great start.

The giant heads are particularly wanky.

And it's not like Rob or Sandra have any great advice to impart on how to win Survivor. They were both about self-preservation & entitlement, and that's it.

So far it doesn't hold a candle to Australian Survivor!
Boston Rob and Sandra should have been left in obscurity, and this year's contestants...............not a likeable person amongst them

This is the worst idea Survivor producers have ever had.

Boston Rob and whats her name, this is pathetic, stupid and a show ruiner. I dont get it.

Also is it just me or are the cast as a whole an exceptionally boring lot.

I'm struggling to stay connected with this. I know its only two episodes in but its not a great start.

Its rating well here though. Last night's episode was the number 2 show for multichannels and topped all the demos.

Nobody is jumping out at me..maybe it's too soon.I wonder if Sandra and Rob get to take those head home,matches their over-inflated ego's

I am really really enjoying this season so far. I'm loving how diverse the case is, and the woman power alliance is an amazing callback to seasons such as Micronesia. I'm interested to see where the season will go. As for Boston Rob and Sandra, I think production have done well with this twist by including it into the show in a way that isn't too intrusive to the natural plot and storyline.

I am really finding it hard to latch onto a season that airs only 60 minutes a week after Australian survivor that had several hours of content a week but its always great to see how the Americans do it. Its obvious their budget is a lot higher, which is indicative of their props, sets and challenges. It doesn't have the cheap, carnival feel that can sometimes be seen in Australian Survivor which is refreshing. And even though they're filming in the same place, US production always seems to make Fiji look prettier then AU production does.

Overall I'm hyped for this season and am readily awaiting new episodes :)

"This one never knows anything" - Sandra

It could apply to any of them though, they are all very hard to warm to.
That doesn't mean it's a bad season though.

It doesn't matter how hard they are to warm to, Sandra's comment was spot on. You can tell who can read the room and who can't. Sandra could tell just from what she was saying without even being there all the time.

I think you need to at least like some of them for it to be an enjoyable seasons.
The Elaine/Missy/Elizabeth alliance might be something I can get behind, it was the best part of this episode.

I don't even understand what I just watched.
So Jamal gives Noura his idol, even though no one targets her.
Kellee gives Dean her idol, then votes for him anyway, nullifying her own vote rather than working with him to target someone she wanted out.
Is it just that no one has any idea what they are doing?

Kellee was just making out that she was blindsided, her cover being that she voted for Dean. I'm assuming that Noura and Dean don't know that they were both on board with the actual vote. or if they did know about each other that they were ok with Kellee hiding herself within the plan.

I'm assuming Jamal was just completely blindsided and so misread the alternate target.

The main issue is whether Dean or Noura will reveal that Kellee was behind all this at some point.

I don't even understand what I just watched.
So Jamal gives Noura his idol, even though no one targets her.
Kellee gives Dean her idol, then votes for him anyway, nullifying her own vote rather than working with him to target someone she wanted out.
Is it just that no one has any idea what they are doing?

Kellee was smart. She convinced Noura and Dean to vote for the person she wanted out whilst voting for Dean so that no one suspects she flipped. As a bonus her and Noura got Jamal paranoid enough to waste his idol. One of the best moves I have seen on Survivor.

Kellee was smart. She convinced Noura and Dean to vote for the person she wanted out whilst voting for Dean so that no one suspects she flipped. As a bonus her and Noura got Jamal paranoid enough to waste his idol. One of the best moves I have seen on Survivor.

That makes sense. I wasn't paying enough attention to Noura's part in it, so Jamal using his idol took me by surprise.

Wow can’t believe what I just saw. Missy, Elizabeth and Aaron completely deserve all the hate they are now getting as a result of this episode.

I haven't watched US Survivor for a while but this popped up on Twitter so I may take a peek now.

Back