Skip to main content

Survivor US-David vs Goliath

I guess we can talk in here without worrying about spoilers.

I thought it was an ok first episode, but the people take a bit of readjusting to after Australian Survivor. There seem to be a lot more blatant egos, especially amongst the Goliaths. A lot more blatant arrogance and general rudeness towards each other. Felt sorry for the guy who was medivacced, but I didn't warm to him prior to that. Lucky coincidence that it was a David who had an accident? If it had been a Goliath would a David have still been voted out?
Annoying to see people coupling up (as in romantic couples - strategic couples are just good gameplay).

the Davids sure showed them in the first challenge to get the shelter stuff...don't judge a book by their cover.Christian is quite intriguing

Someone made a pertinent point elsewhere that the 'Davids' had a much bigger advantage in the shelter challenge, because the other side were just guessing based on appearances, and of course they ended up picking the puzzle expert. Probst pushing the theme to the hilt, and the background stories already using up episode time. I remember last season at least half the episodes had these stories to fill in for the lack of real Survivor drama. I wish they would cast more on gameplay potential, backstories don't work for me as a shortcut to finding people interesting, there just end up being too many and the music behind them makes it all seem less honest in the edit.

No tribal will have disappointed some of the audience, and the actual medivac event was off camera so they had to conjure up some shots of the sea and blackouts to try and create some kind of impact in the edit, but it didn't really do that for me. Good to hear he recovered anyway.

Last edited:
That bossy woman from the Goliath tribe..she reminds me of that crazy woman Martha from "Fear the walking dead"

Reactions: kxk
The first episode rated so low here in Australia that it has already been pushed back an hour from next week. It will now be on at 9:30 instead of 8:30. However episodes will still continue to be uploaded online on 9NOW at the earlier time of 4 pm.

The first episode rated so low here in Australia that it has already been pushed back an hour from next week. It will now be on at 9:30 instead of 8:30. However episodes will still continue to be uploaded online on 9NOW at the earlier time of 4 pm.
Are the ratings of US Survivor always pretty low tho? Considering its on Go and its international TV? Not sure myself because I haven't seen the ratings for earlier seasons

Are the ratings of US Survivor always pretty low tho? Considering its on Go and its international TV? Not sure myself because I haven't seen the ratings for earlier seasons

The first episode of this season rated only 84k. It usually rates above 100k.

Finally got around to watching it, good start, I love geeks, so puzzle guy and his platonic friend are my standouts
I much prefer geek as a term to nerd....geek is more into intellectual rigour, nerd is into oddball stuff

Glad the builder got medivacced, he did his building job and was going to be a bore

It is weird adjusting to Americans as @Meglos pointed out, and it seems kind of cheesy......
And visually, our award winning cinematographers shit all over the US version

To hell with you "Davie" for killing that lizard. Too small to be food, there was just no need.

Oh Christian.
I know it must be thrilling that a girl wants to play with you, but keep your mind on the game.
"Do you wanna play with me?"
"In the sand?"
"No, in the game..."

LYRSA. Can I buy a vowel, Jeff?

Oh Christian.
I know it must be thrilling that a girl wants to play with you, but keep your mind on the game.

Christian actually has a girlfriend outside of the game lol.

Me too. Some people just rub you the wrong way instantly.

Particularly when during tribal she said something along the lines of "some people don't play the game until they get to tribal" like she thinks she's the only one who's playing and the others are not. I was internally rubbing my hands together with glee thinking how sweet it would be for her to get voted out after saying that.

Not really into this still, maybe when the cast slims down, some of them still feel cartoony. The latest elimination was interesting as I expected them to keep the tribe stronger, though the underdogs in the tribe getting their way could be supportable if they turn out good. But the geeky guy is extreme geek, so I find it hard to relate to him.

I tried to watch the second ep, but wasn't really paying attention to it, and as TC wrapped up I realised not only did I miss who got voted out, I really didn't care. So for me it means my Survivor US days are over after having watched 36 seasons.

I'm not giving up yet, but the last 2 US seasons haven't even been able to reach the entertainment level of the Australian version, which is a bit of a worry.

Back