Skip to main content

Survivor: Titans vs Rebels - Episode 13

Which Australian Survivor Rivarly have you enjoyed most this season?

• Mark vs Caroline

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Feras vs Kirby

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Valeria vs Caroline

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kitty vs Airtime

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Zcsund1234

So here we finally are, MERGE! We are halfway through the season so I thought now would be an appropriate time to share my thoughts on each player after rewatching each ep and anlaysing the edit that we've seen.

Disclaimer: I have no read any leakes or bootlists and have activily avoided betting odds. I have no idea who wins and I want it to remain that way.

CCE12TVR.pngTVREDEP12.png

Australian Survivor very clearly has not changed it's editing style over the last few years, in the sense where theres usually only about 6ish main characters in the season with most others being back ground characters and everyone else getting close to no content. So once again, it's not very hard to figure out which select few are in the running to win, and who are not. But a lot of the quieter people have left during the swap phase, so heres to hoping the merge allows for some of the other players to have their narratives well developed. Which I doubt will happen. But now I shall add my rankings on who I think is least-most likely to win.

Bottom Tier: Not winning, Little to no edit, no chance of winning.

14th Kitty: She has had 2 confessionals all season, barely anything more than a couple of scenes but never often without Caroline present. We don't have much of a telling of her game other than the fact that she is in the middle aged mafia and she seemingly was largely in control alongside Caroline. She has been showed to be seemingly a solid player, whose game is mostly elevated due to her social connections and apparent willingness to speak to anyone and work with anyone. We have also seen that she is a beast in challenges but nothing else more than that. She has little to no narrative aside from being mafia boss Caroline's sidekick. I am pretty well certain that she is not the winner and once Caroline is inevitably voted out Kitty will follow not long after. Unless she can continue to utilize those social bonds she built with people like Rianna. But I am doubtful.

13th Winna: Aside from his idol that he found in episode 2 and later played in episode 10, he also has no story line. The only semblence of a narrative aside from his idol is how he is currently aligned with Valeria and Kirby. But this could very much be due to circumstance but he seems very much loyal to them. Whether or not he decides to rejoin Jaden in the merge is anyone's guess. It will be interesting to see if he would be able to pull over Jaden to his group with Valeria, Kirby and Scott. Which may allow for the group to form a majority. But there is not really much else to go by as all of his content shown only focued on his idol and his swap alliance with Charles and Val. But now with the swap portion of the game fininished, I wonder if there is anywhere further for his narrative to go until he is booted.

Low tier: Not likely to win, but there are some levels of complexity to their narrative that could warrant it.

12th Raymond: A player whose edit has honestly surprised me. He seemed like he would be this big sneaky player coming into the season and based off his intro in episode 1. But he is really just a number for Feras. Despite the fact that he has so many episodes with 0 confessionals, he very much feels more present on the show that he looks to be on paper. In episodes like the Peta boot, Sarah's birthday, and the most recent week he has been shown to be present with the other players having differeing opinions on him. His entire storyline has been told through the words of others rather than his own. I don't see him very likely to succeed in the game, but he could be here to stick around for a while as a goat. It doens't seem the other players respect him as a player. He is more so either looked at as a number or someone who doesn't fully socially fit in well. What was strange was his on and off relationship with Kelli as he has been said to be close with her, yet voted for her twice?

11th Scott: One of my favourite players this season despite his quiet edit. He is one of the more palatable characters on the show but isn't being shown enough. He was playing a pretty good floater game at the start, to the point where it seems like most people want to work with him. I do worry if he is too tightly associated with Kirby. But it doesn't seem like anyone is targetting him just yet. He was invisble for a while until his edit did spike, especially where he won the puzzle challenge after getting his intro video. But I feel like it's a bit too late. He may either be Kirby's #1 ally for the rest of the game or hopefully his narrative starts to grow into it's own in the merge. But I see it going the way of the former.

10th Jaden: Someone who whilst unlikely, could very much find himself accidentally winning purely through his social game and plan to just be chill and not engage too heavily in strategic chats. In any other season I would say he'd likely booted very soon. But due to the merge having challenges that we all know benefit smaller body types, particularly those of women, I think he's safe. In this season it seems most of the more cerebral fan type of players are remaining, and most know that Jaden will unlikely be a threat at those final challenges due to his size. He could be a runner-up who is berated by the jury due to his lack of agency and having almost no strategic game. To me he seems more of a comic relief type of character, not someone who has a chance to win.

9th Rianna: Aside from being one of Kirby's best friends in the game, who is she? She spoke very briefly in the premiere and she has made it clear who she is aligned with. That is pretty much it, and all I have to justify her being higher than the others, as she at least has a clear narrative, despite having one with no substance. She has an idol, she's going to align with Kirby and if that group has control then she could very much well make a deep run. The idol she has could be used to aid Kirby. There are different ways to look at it, but I don't see her winning. She could maybe be taken out due to being associated with Kirby. But I'd love to see the chaos of the season continue, and watch Rianna play her idol to save Kirby and inadvertently send herself home somehow.

8th Aileen: If she had been given more airtime in a couple more episodes, I'd have her way higher as a winner candidate. But she really only has three episodes where she's been given content. She organised the split on Tobias and Alex (that Kelli ruined), she had her whole thing of wanting to placate Kirby when Garrick went home and she also won the challenge for the titans when she knew she was going home. So I don't see her as a winner, but more of a big player come merge. She has shown us she is a very pragmatic and logical player, but she does appear to lack some social awarness of the other players and seems to overlook the emotional part of the game.

Middle tier: Some of the front runners, but appear to be heading towards a fall.

7th Caroline: I was initially very low on Caroline at the start. She went from invisible to suddenly being in a very dominant position on both of her tribes. She has shown so much great skill in the game. She has a very powerfull presence at camp, and her social game appears to be sufficient enough to have people follow her like a mob boss. My only worry with her is, is she being set up for a massive fall in the merge? She has stated that she didn't want Mark at the merge so she could spread the story of blindsiding Viola to how she wants it to sound. But with Mark there to tell Valeria, I think they will utilise Kirby and her numbers to blindside Caroline. There has been a lot of foreshadowing of a demise for her, even since the early episodes. She could very well likely be the merge boot tonight, she could go all the way to the end, she could even just be a big player this season. I haven't completly made up my mind on her, but I do think she will be taken out inevitably from Valeria seeking revenge for the Viola boot.

6th Alex: He isn't really a contender to win, it's just he has a pretty well round edit that gives off longevity. And he doesn't have as many faults as the others do. He is getting a bit of a Simon type of dodo edit. He has been on the bottom pretty much since the start after the cuddle crew alliance put him in a bad spot. And not to mention, he has one of the worst voting records I've ever seen. He has voted correctly only once and that was when Kelli was voted to be the sabatour. Every other time he is either one of the options to go home, or he is blindsided. He has more of a underdog type of vibe to him, not a winner. He doesn't appear to be in any immediate danger, as players like Kirby and Feras are way bigger targets than him. But, he does have an idol that Feras is telling everyone out. So, he could also likely be a candidate to go home tonight. But I don't think so. I can see Alex sticking it out a while, at least until jury.

5th Kirby: Definitly the most dominant player this season so far. And potentially is playing the "best" game. She is fully in control of an alliance with herself, Scott, Winna and Valeria, has a loyal ally in Rianna and it could be possible she is about to pick up Jaden and Mark as numbers. She is walking into merge with both a huge advantage and as well as a huge target. I was originally of the opinion that Kirby will be the one to get Feras first, but my mind has changed. I think Kirby is edging closer and closer to her downfall. There is no way she is able to just march through the game at the same pace she is. With two idols on the other side and her nemesis Feras at the control of both idols (Alex's by proxy) I do worry she is going to lose the war against Feras very soon. Had she been introduced to us in the first episode, she'd probably be my number one pick. But she only receieved airtime once she started player offensivly and decided to vote with the cuddle crew which has pissed off Feras and perpetuated their storyline. I don't full always agree with her strategic decisions, but she is doing something right socially to have half the cast be so loyal to her. It will be interesting to see how her narrative plays out.

Contenders for the win: Players with edits who resemble those of past winners, or logcially make sense as winner candidates.

4th Eden: I've been up and down on him throughout, he had a great first episode, a terrible second episode and then has been up and down since then. The first episode made it clear he was going to be a relevant and important character this season, and he has also outlined his specific position and alliances. The only major fault is how he has been depicted as being susceptible to extreme paranoia which could impact his decicsion making. I don't write him off compeltly for that as we had the same type of thing with Kristie in season 1 who was shown to be paranoid. I could see Eden going to the end, but very likely to lose due to being known as paranoid or being seen as Mark and/or Caroline's goat. I have a strong sense he will be there at the end game, I don't see him winning but it's not an impossibility. The fact that his and Mark's relationship has been specificaly highlighted with their "invisible hand" alliance makes me think there is more to Eden than just being aligned with the middle aged mafia. If he so does end up deciding to switch up on Caroline along with Mark, then his stock will definitly rise in my eyes.

3rd Feras: By episode 12 of BvB and HvV, George had receieved well over 60 confessionals. Just as Feras has. And Feras continuously likens himself to that of King George. What do I take from this? That Feras is THE character of the season, but not the winner. The winner is very rarely this overexposed (aside from the very special case of David in All Stars) which is why I do not think Feras will win. I think the editors want us to ROOT for him to win. But theres no way someone like him is actually the winner. But of course, stranger things have happened. I do feel as if his edit is a lot cleaner than a lot of the others, he has more gaps filled in and less holes in his narrative. We fully understand who his allies are, why he has such an issue with Kirby and why he chooses to make the decisions that he does. But, I just don't see him as the winner. I initially thoought the Kirby vs Feras rivarly would cultimate at the merge with him being voted out, but I don't see it like that anymore. I think he wll eventually take out Kirby and win the war, but I don't see him going any further than 4th place. He could be the fallan angel (last person eliminated) of the season, but he is way too overexposed to be the winner. And due to his story within the game, I don't see him losing a jury vote. So logicially, I do no think he makes it to the end, but I can see him being one of the last boots, and also I can see him being on the top of production's "to bring back for an All Stars Season" list.

2nd Mark: He started off very strong. It looked as if he was running circles around this cast of mostly incapable players. He had all of his alliances explained; the middle aged mafia, the invisible hand and his friendship with the Vs. That screamed to me that he would be an important player in the game with longevity. But then he gets to the rebels tribe WITH HIS ENTIRE ALLIANCE and decides to play emotionally and seeks revange for Viola against Caroline. Only for his plan to fail due to the mistake of Rianna. He then found himself on the bottom and got very lucky there was a twist in episode 11 and that his tribe won immunity last episode. With Rianna having an idol he was very much the next to go should they have lost. But, they didn't. And how he is entering merge with players he is aligned with like Valeria who has an army ready to include him. The revenge on Caroline story will very much come to fruition I am sure of it, there is far too much foreshadowing that has occured for it to not. I can definitly see Valeria informing Mark of what happened, and Kirby will assist them in ousting Caroline. Should that happen then Mark will be in a pretty great spot as he has other allies in Eden as well. And not to mention there are so many other players who appear as bigger targets than he does. I can see him being there at the very end, but I am not sure if he will win. He could go to the end and win for sure, but he could also lose a jury vote. Or the more likely option, he gets close to the end but is taken out as a big player and threat to win.

1st Valeria: She has pretty much been my winner pick ever since episode 1. There was a brief bit where I placed Mark above her, but she seems to fit the criteria more than he does. She like Eden, Mark and Feras got a very good showing in episode 1. We understood how she felt about Viola and Mark which later resulted in being a pseudo alliance. We know how she felt about Caroline and Kitty, we get constant reminders of her presence on the show. And, we have all of this forshadowing of her seeking revenge for Viola. She got a very good swap episode where she was the one to narrate most of the occurences between the three titans who were on the minority. She has been the one to voice out Feras' and Kelli's flaws at tribal council and has been the one to explain why Kirby was more trustworhty ally over Feras. JLP is also always asking her questions at tribal and on the challenge mats. In the preview for next time on Survivor, JLP literally says "and who will be, Sole Survivor" with a shot of her for a good 5 seconds being edited together. I just feel the pieces are all there for the puzzle to make sense. I do think she is likely to win and I can see how. Her allys Kirby and Mark are way bigger shields than her, everyone else has all of these one on one narratives going on and she is also likely to do well with challenges in the late stage of the game. It just makese sense to me to believe she is the winner. But that is mainly because her edit is the least flawed of everyone's. She ticks the boxes that people like Hayley, Pia and Liz did in their edits, where they were introduced early on, went quiet for a bit and then came to be bigger characters during the middle of the game. If Valeria's edit continues the way it does, then I will be more sure it's her. But at this stage it is a two horse race between her and Mark.

There’s no way we’re getting a Russian glamazon winning two years running. I’m surprised they even cast Valeria, she is so similar to Liz. On a separate but related issue, in her confessionals, Val has actually used the word “war” and compared her self to the Russian Bear. I have nothing against her personally, and nothing against national pride per se, and yes, I know Survivor is just a game, but at a time when Russia is perceived as the enemy of democracy, and when Australia is basically at war by proxy, by providing resources to Ukraine to help them defeat Russia, I am shocked that Ch 10 left that in the edit. It’s pretty tone deaf and insensitive, right as we’ve reached the second anniversary of the Russian invasion.

…evenin’ all… thanks so much for starting the thread Zcsund… much appreciated… man!… that’s a helluve lot of writing my friend… your fingers must ache lol!… being that I’ve just got in… I’ll have to read it all in one shot after the show to take it all in properly… looks like good reading though… well done for the effort and time that you’ve put into it too… one thing I always love about what you do my friend… your posts are always meticulous and detailed and are always true… that is a remarkable talent you have… you should be so proud of yourself… cheers.

…Feras is not smiling much these days… he must be a tad bit paranoid about everything nowadays… cheers.

…a tribal merge?… 👀… I’m shocked I tells ya!… well I never (actually I did once and got arrested for it)… who woulda thunk it!… cheers.

Back