Skip to main content

Survivor Season 33

insider06

American Survivor Season 33 starts today. Millennials v Gen X(Lame theme). Seems like a good cast though!

Has anyone heard anything about it being on GO? I haven't seen it advertised. Maybe Channel 9 don't want to air it anymore due to the fact that Channel 10 are currently airing an Australian version.

According to this article on Tv Tonight it is now airing at 10pm and will air a week after the US version. Not quite as fun for those of us who like to read US Survivor forums in real time being a week behind.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/09/which-shows-are-getting-fast-tracked.html

Survivor has a new timeslot of 10pm Thursdays (Syd / Bris) following The Footy Show from September 29 (10:30pm Melb / Ade / Per). It will launch a week after its US screening -but if there are any US pre-emptions we could well catch up for the finale (unclear).

So what are we going to do? Two different threads for people watching it at US and Australian pace? That seems easier than spoiler tagging everything.

Or just put (Spoilers) in the title of the thread and then us saddos watching on Go! can come in at our peril, or more sensibly wait until it airs here to add our two cents worth... But that does tend to get messy. Maybe two threads is better. One with Spoilers in title for the early watchers and a snail-view version.

That is disappointing. I got used to the good thing we had with Survivor. I hope the change the programming once the footy is over in a few weeks so we catch up.

Why wait till anything airs later? You can just download it and watch it straight away. I download all of what I watch anyway.

The two thread idea seems fine, if people want to watch it together when it airs in Australia.

The main thing I think is that people know when it airs, so they know when this thread moves onto the next episode. Then they also know when they can either catch a live stream or when it is likely to be available to download (normally just a few hours after airing).

First episode aired September 21 8 – 9:30 p.m. ET/PT (and this seems the regular timeslot)
Second episode due September 28

Watched the premiere earlier today. I wasn't impressed, it seems like there are more annoying people than usual this season. Australian Survivor had a better start in my opinion.

Seem some characters in it, not disappointed in the cast so far. Also a couple of interesting twists, I particularly liked the immunity challenge idea to add another decision element to the puzzle part. The theme is pushed heavily but it is likely to fade as the tribes mix up eventually, so I'm not that bothered at the start. The individuals are the main part of Survivor and that will remain.

First time that has ever happened,being evacuated due to weather,I wonder where they took them and if the tribes were separated during the evacuation period?

Just a heads up guys Nine will be screening a double episode of Survivor on Thursday October 6, so we will be up to date with the US in two weeks time.

Source: Aryan3 on the Mediaspy forum.

Just a heads up guys Nine will be screening a double episode of Survivor on Thursday October 6, so we will be up to date with the US in two weeks time.

Source: Aryan3 on the Mediaspy forum.

Thanks, that's much better news.

First time that has ever happened,being evacuated due to weather,I wonder where they took them and if the tribes were separated during the evacuation period?
Yes, I read that they were put in separate rooms with no bedding or food for the night.

I wonder why they weren't allowed to talk about the game in there? Is the day considered a "non-day"? i.e. nothing happened and nothing was allowed to happen, as if the day never existed? Will the show run for 40 days as a result? Or will they drop a rest day in their three day cycle to make it up? So many questions...

Survivor will be on at 9:40 with a double episode on Thursday October 6, meaning it will still finish at nearly midnight. I can't see Survivor rating that well in the time slot they have given it. I predict it will move to Go! after 3-4 weeks.

Source: Tvtonight

Last edited:
I don't know where to post about US survivor. Don't have much to say about it anyway. I will be glad when everyone is on the same page with episodes.

Channel 9 are so annoying. I will probably have to catch up on this the night after it airs here.

On soon anyone else watching?
Hideous 9, gross footy show runs over and I almost vomit seeing it by mistake
Hurry up

Back