Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 5

How do you believe Australian Survivor should be cast?

• Each season should consist of new contenders.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • The producers know what we want, how they are doing it now is fine.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Australians only, no foreigners.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Returnee's should be a separate 'bonus' season in the same year as a new season

• Much more diverse, it's still too stocked with 'White Australians'

• Cast with people who are not of the Survivor norm, ie/ obese, lanky, geeky, weird etc

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Something else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sam as dumb as he looks then. Doesn't matter who goes really as two days later they'll almost certainly be a tribe swap. These non-elimination episodes always a chore though.

And wish they'd explain the Simon idol thing rather than just allude to it. Feels very much like a production decision after the fact.

P.S. Frustrating that on both tribes the newbies outnumbered the vets 7-5 but they're letting the old guard control the game.

…Sam implying that Gerry-atric is expendable is going to come back and haunt him… he’ll be walking along a road one day after the show is well and truly over and he will suddenly be surrounded by a hoard of vengeful grey army Pensioners in their wheelchairs (this is my actual wheelchair model… I decided to bling it up) and then be beaten to within an inch of his life with their walking sticks!… we Pensioners don’t get mad… we get even!… cheers.
1675714210561.jpeg

I hope I keep getting predictions wrong. I like when I get blindsided by the editing rather than it be spelt out for me.
Yes, me too. It makes for a much better viewing experience when you get blindsided.. When it becomes obvious - then it becomes annoying ...

Not always- South African survivor has obvious sendups to tribal council. Even though you have a good idea of who will get the vote, seeing the interplay and questioning is really exciting. The production should be a fly on the wall for the most part…. I hate it when they edit it from a result and the editor then goes and presents the leadup to the result. The editor should know NOTHING about who goes home until they edit tribal council.

Exactly. That is where Big Brother not being live loses so much - it used to play out in real time for both the viewer and the producers but now it's edited from minute one with the knowledge of who won it.

Similarly Survivor has a habit of barely even featuring the winner till the tail end of the season.

Back