Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - Episode 3

What do you think of George?…

• 1:… I love George… I hope that he wins…

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 2:… I can’t stand George… I hope that he is the next one out…

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 3:… I wish that George was my next door neighbour… I love him that much…

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 4:… I hope that he is set upon by 10 rabid rabies ridden hell hounds… he’s annoying…

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 5:… I hope that someone gives him a new hat… he needs Sun protection…

• 6:… I hope that he misses his beloved hat so much that he cries for the rest of the season…

• 7… I hope that George finds and wins EVERY idol this season…

• 8:… I hope that he wins NO idols because he forgot where they all are on the Producers map…

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 9:… I hope that George loses his voice and is mute for the rest of the season…

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 10:… I hope that George releases a record of all of his classic sayings… I love his voice… I’d buy i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well Jordie screwed over Simon big time by blabbing to the girls as they will report back to George that Simon had a plan to take him out & they will probably work out he must have an idol to have pulled off his plan.

Even if he did get to execute his move as he planned, it probably would have blown up in his face anyway, as when he played his idol (if that is what it is) for Mimi, then George probably would have smelt a rat and played his idol..
Jordie not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Survivor 101 : DON'T TELL SHONEE

I loved the bit with him watching poor old George's hat burning. Thank god that scene is out of the way and I can stop expecting George to go at any minute. I wonder when we'll learn what Simon's disc is? It ain't an idol. They keep showing it by his name with a big red cross over it.

Yup it’s a red herring. They will only officially make it clear to us unfortunately when it’s played at tribal council as a hidden immunity idol. The host inspects it and will confirm “this is not in fact a hidden immunity idol” and they will have mud on their face (unless they’re smart- and fashion a string around it and actually *use* it as a fake, but that’s not the case here lol).. Jonathan knows it and might be part of why he mocked Simon when he walked out.

So unless there is a note somewhere else in the jar and this amulet has some other kind of power, it is certainly a fake idol which is a fantastic ploy by production. The biggest clue is that it’s not a necklace which every idol is and there is no letter along with it. The red cross over the idol icon when his name pops up is pretty clear👇

So some sleuths on Facebook have commented that one of George’s confessionals showed George with a much more healed face!! This was in episode 2, so it’s out there if anyone wants to look for it. Georgie is safe in the game for a while yet. Unless that’s one of the biggest red herrings they’ve thrown our slueths yet!!

That "Idol" of Simon's could potentially be an Idol Nullifer as it is the same shape as what is used in the US. So unless there is parchment in the bottom of the cookie jar or written at the bottom of the jar which ALL advantages in Survivor come with parchment to verify to the players and us at home they are legit. I guess we won't know until either Simon plays it or whether we find there is more than a fake idol by production. Some people are 50/50 split on it on Twitter. Also I really like Simon and he is a massive fan of the show and by all reports a really nice and genuine guy but he is way too tunnel visioned on George who wasn't even responsible for Simon going out with 2 idols. Hayley was the one who orchestrated the blindside on the blindside plan and George and Cara got an advantage they could sit in on the Brawn Tribal council etc. Simon is lucky he hasn't been voted out due to the villains are a complete disaster of a tribe and they need his strength in challenges if they have a chance of avoiding tribal council plus he is a returning player but is being saved by Shonee who is really running the tribe with Liz.

…oh wow!… GEORGE found the first idol!… who woulda thunk it?… he obviously remembered one of the locations on the Producers idol map that he read while in Hospital… cheers.
Idols ruin this show - and none more so than production gifted idols.
Another villain going home tonight. I hope there’s a redemption twist or tribe swap or something otherwise this is becoming boring.
Actually I'd rather it played out naturally. Let's see 11 from one tribe go out in a row.
If Simon just shut his mouth and play his idol, George might not have thought he needed to play his own idol.

Ignoring that Simons idol might not even be an idol though
Exactly. They never learn. Also think the show would benefit from showing less of the scrambling and less of tribal. Even without ads it seems to take hours from the end of the Immunity Challenge to the vote reveal.
IF Simon’s idol is not a real idol the show has done well in hiding what it really is to us.
Yes, that was frustrating when it's not explained. Producers shouldn't be planting fake idols, though it probably wouldn't be if George had found it.
That "Idol" of Simon's could potentially be an Idol Nullifer as it is the same shape as what is used in the US.
Oh, that's a good call but surely it needs to be explained upon being found to both us and the finder.

Anyhow, looks like the Heroes may get some airtime next week as so far it's been Survivor: Villains v Villains.

BTW is it back Sunday or Monday?

Last edited:
Sun | Mon | Tues. next week.

A memes page on Facebook put up a meme saying the idol was just a part of the jar lid that fell in. That would be pretty funny if true and explain why there was no parchment explaining it’s use.

It would be nice if Jonathan just talked directly to us like they’re doing in US Survivor these days and just explained what’s going on….. I mean that’s a courtesy. Instead they’re going to leave it at that and watch all the debates on social media.

For me It’s a 100% not a working idol and doubtful that it’s a power amulet as a cross over the idol icon is the biggest clue we have seen. If George had found it he would explain to us the audience that he could use it as a fake idol and make it a necklace, then nobody would even question it. But because Simon found it and thinks it’s an idol in all his naivety now everyone thinks it’s special lol.

Sun | Mon | Tues. next week.

A memes page on Facebook put up a meme saying the idol was just a part of the jar lid that fell in. That would be pretty funny if true and explain why there was no parchment explaining it’s use.
Could you copy / paste the meme bros, would love to see it hahaha

I felt a bit sick watching George 'find' that idol.
And not just because it was George. It was just so inevitable that whoever broke away from the group in search of an idol was going to find one.
The production doesn't even attempt to make it look realistic.

Sun | Mon | Tues. next week

A memes page on Facebook put up a meme saying the idol was just a part of the jar lid that fell in. That would be pretty funny if true and explain why there was no parchment explaining it’s use.i
…if he goes to play it as an idol and the Pags informs him that it’s just the lid off the cookie jar… he will feel like a complete fuckwit… the jaw drop will be hilarious!… he really will be Simple Simon lol!… cheers.

I felt a bit sick watching George 'find' that idol.
And not just because it was George. It was just so inevitable that whoever broke away from the group in search of an idol was going to find one.
The production doesn't even attempt to make it look realistic.
He's been out looking constantly whenever he can. The cockroach knows all about survival. I believe him when he said that tree (which they focused on for a bit during the last scene of him searching for an idol in a previous episode) was the last place he hadn't had a really good scour around.

LOL. I can't verify if this is true, but someone said :

Did anyone notice last night , when Sam & Simon were in the water trying to get the bag !!! Afterwards when they stood up . Sam had a huge boner
❤️
🥵
❤️
. So hot
🥵

If it were a real idol and he went ahead with a plan like tonight he'd probably end up saving a Mimi or Stevie and sending himself home instead of George.

P.S. He also needs to man up and take on Shaun!
…if he goes to play it as an idol and the Pags informs him that it’s just the lid off the cookie jar… he will feel like a complete fuckwit… the jaw drop will be hilarious!… he really will be Simple Simon lol!… cheers.
I think it is a "Producers Idol" insofar that it came with no explanation or parchment for a reason...
And my conspiracy theory is that - depending on who found it and what the circumstances are that it gets used will determine if it holds any value...

If it was used to get George out last night (had Jordie agreed and 2 of them wrote George's name down) then I believe the producers would have worded up JLP to state it was the cookie jar lid or its power was something else. However if George found it & he used it for himself during a vote where he gets ousted - then I believe it would have been declared a valid idol.

I think the producers might have conjured up the faultless immunity / non immunity idol :arghh:

Without a parchment or explanation as to what it is then the producers have free reign to assign whatever value upon it they want without risking their involvement & manipulation being so overt that the viewers would scream favouritism ... This way they can say a parchment in the cookie jar was too obvious, so we did this.... ;)

I'm expecting the parchment explaining the non-idol idol is in that cookie jar somewhere, and it'll be no surprise when George is the one to find it so knows what the power is but not who holds it.

The frustrating thing with George is he seems a nice guy, is a good character and plays the game well - but the producers blatant favouritism this season and the last, plus editing the show completely around him, makes viewers hate him. There really weren't enough options in this poll to express how much I hate him.

Latest ratings figures. Im sure episode length and also lack of freshness with the cast and it hasn’t evolved enough could be factors.

Attachments

• E0054E2D-08EF-4C30-93BC-D4011C3EEA12.jpeg
    E0054E2D-08EF-4C30-93BC-D4011C3EEA12.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
I'm probably in the small minority on this board but I love George, he's great entertainment value and I hope he stays in for as long as possible. In comparison Simon hasn't learnt a thing from his previous Survivor experience, he is as bad a poker player as ever!
I hope the Heroes tribe starts to lose immunity challenges, about time those guys were put to the tribal council sword, Hayley of course is an obvious target for early elimination.
As for the ratings, MAFS is unstoppable, year after year, doesn't really matter what Seven and Ten do in terms of putting up shows against it. Idol to me is little more than nostalgia for 20 years ago(Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll etc). Survivor - great potential for that audience to grow, especially in terms of the demos.

Back