Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Liz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Nina

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Obviously, she could have been being more dynamic and that was left out of the edit, but from what we were shown she has a nerve criticising Matt for not making more moves when she sat and hung on the words and decisions of the meattray and then only lasted as long as she did post merge as she was the least threatening player outside the main alliance. It's not a "golden ticket" when it was a choice Matt weighed up and then worked for and with to join the pirates, while she was still floating around looking up at Shaun and co for guidance on her future path in the game. She picked the wrong ship and barely rocked it. My favourite moment of her game was the big sulky face when Matt stole her tribe name.
The interesting thing is she was aligned with a meat tray in her first season who were not loyal to any women in the end.
And she didn’t change her tactic at all this season, she still tried to hide behind the big boys.

All Hail King George! 👑
You have to be crowned to be a king. To my knowledge he hasn't won any of the Survivors he's been in :biggrin: so no crown for Geo...Thus he is not a king, maybe a queen - but definitely not a king :cool:

I find this show so interesting that tonight I played games on my phone whilst occasionally glancing at the screen. I'm losing interest quickly - mainly because of the edit, and I suppose because it's so obvious who is going out each night...

I find this show so interesting that tonight I played games on my phone whilst occasionally glancing at the screen. I'm losing interest quickly - mainly because of the edit, and I suppose because it's so obvious who is going out each night...
I feel this. I was more focused on TikTok while watching and would look up when I remembered it was out. I can't even be bothered rewatching the episode to analyse like I do, but at least they get shorter towards the end.

I think because of the Jackie medevac they all assume it's a final 2 instead.
I did some more research on reddit
Apparently at the final 4 there is a juror removal twist
That would be awful, especially if it's an intervention to save the golden boy. Final 3 challenge and Final 2 tribal works much better than an F4 challenge and F3 Final vote.
Sandra is the only reason as to why Nina has a fanbase. She isn't that interesting as a TV character nor is she an amazing player. All the love she gets on the US Internet forums is purely because her mum is adored on the very same sites.
May be true of US fans but as someone who doesn't watch the US version I've always found Nina likeable and she was much more watchable than her mother last year. It's the editing that has kept her out of the show until the latter stages and her low profile early on kept her around longer than all her allies.

Not trusting Hayley was their big mistake and interesting to think how things might have unfolded if they'd played their idols correctly- and also had they been allowed to take Hayley out pre-merge as planned and Liz not been sent into the arms of George and Shonee. Indeed as much as no production twist saved George directly he arguably benefitted most from the mutiny twist just before tribal which laid the ground work for the alliance that dominated post-merge. Not only would that alliance lose Hayley as a number I'm not sure Matt would have joined either.

As for this episode - another quite predictable outcome. Another episode which could have lost the second half of pre-tribal chat too - it added nothing which wasn't covered in part one.

And two episodes in a row where George didn't really piss me off.

Nina’s jury villa was interesting. Some of them hyped her up a bit and she seems to think George got her out because she would have lots of votes against him and the others wouldn’t get as many.
She also told her mum on the phone that she’s known as the ‘puzzle queen’ for doing two puzzles in challenges, and says she is the ‘survivor princess’ (and Sandra the queen).
She wants to dethrone her though, and seems to think she’s good enough to do so.
She’ll for sure be back on another season.

If they bring Nina back as a fan favorite I think I will be pissed and might threaten to fist through the tv!! If she played a good game that the audience could get behind, then the edit did nothing to serve her at all. She just hid behind the actions of the Ooger Booger’s and let them handle everything. “who are we voting for tonight” was her catchphrase.

Didn’t communicate to us well, never used her Mom’s lines like “anybody but me”. She might have 14 yr old fans out there but honestly I haven’t seen a lot of love for her… I don’t see where that’s coming from.

The only reason she is in this season is due to her medivac last time and we were all upset back then because it had looked like she was playing a good game and something prevented us from getting a better picture of how she was going to finally destroy the alliance that initially gave her life.

Still, look, she made top 6 so she’s clearly not atrocious at this game. She’s not first boot material but she’s also boring af tv rn. She needs another 10 years of life experience then come again and maybe she will be able to pull off entertainment

If they bring Nina back as a fan favorite I think I will be pissed and might threaten to fist through the tv!! If she played a good game that the audience could get behind, then the edit did nothing to serve her at all. She just hid behind the actions of the Ooger Booger’s and let them handle everything. “who are we voting for tonight” was her catchphrase.

Worst game ever but surprising most the players thought she went well?

You have to be crowned to be a king. To my knowledge he hasn't won any of the Survivors he's been in :biggrin: so no crown for Geo...Thus he is not a king, maybe a queen - but definitely not a king :cool:

I agree. I watched the bit when they come back from the elimination, a bit of talk after the game, like 2 minutes, and then jumped to the elimination. The editing is far too annoying for me to want to watch.

I think it's the opposite issue - they have 20 minutes of talk between Immunity and tribal which could be cut in half.

I personally find the first half of the episodes the most enjoyable. I like getting insight from the contestants from the night before and a lot more of the picture comes clear. The challenges are what I find the most boring, and sometimes tribal. The 20ish minutes consisting of the scramble would be much better if they focused on the actual plans that are likely to occur, rather than feeding us a possible plan B or C that is just there to not make the boot obvious. I understand they need to cater towards the casual audience, but I would prefer to understand what is actually going on with the votes heading into tribal, rather than needing to attentively figure out which plan ended up being the reality and needing more context in future episodes.

The story telling of this season is a lot better, and we have some decent understanding of personal content from the remaining newbies despite their quiet edits. Thankfully with returnees there is not much of a need to include personal content as we get that in their initial seasons. In future I would like to see the non elimination episodes to just simply feature a day's worth of footage, like they did in 2016 with the tribe swap being the only feature in the 8th episode with no tribal council following it. The merge would benefit from being a two part episode as we could get so much more insight to the dynamics of the players and what they intend to do. I would imagine there are many confessionals from them all speaking out their differing options heading into merge. I'd like to know more about where their minds are at during this time.

I think they do need to tease us with alternative plans for tribal but the problem this year is they've never come to fruition so it's usually obvious even before the challenge who will likely be going. Watching idol hunting is boring too.

Agree merge could be over two episodes and a better way to do one non-elimination ep. Have a tribal Immunity Challenge and invite both teams to tribal and tell them they're merging and will be back to vote tomorrow, with members of the winning tribe immune and losing tribe getting a shot at individual Immunity before coming back to TC.

Last edited:
I think they do need to tease us with alternative plans for tribal but the problem this year is they've never come to fruition so it's usually obvious even before the challenge who will likely be going. Watching idol hunting is boring too.

Agree merge could be over two episodes and a better way to do one non-elimination ep. Have a tribal Immunity Challenge and invite both teams to tribal and tell them they're merging and will be back to vote tomorrow, with members of tge winning tribe immune and losing tribe getting a shot at individual Immunity before coming back to TC.
Unfortunately both channel 10 and the production team would rather have a tribal council every single episode even for the non eliminations instead of a 2 part premiere, swap, merge and finale as what was done in the last Survivor South Africa season where they had to do 24 episodes over 39 days but every episode except the finale was the same length as a US episode at around 42 minutes. I haven't minded the non eliminations this year and they have been telling the players at tribal (would be better in the future to do it at the challenges so they can plan around it better)

I find the likes of Nina far more interesting than George. I suspect her next Survivor stint will be in the US though.
I feel like it won’t be for a while. The flavor of the time is diversely casted, newbie seasons, filmed in the same locations, with drab titles such as “Survivor 44”.

Last edited:
She will be a newbie to them though. Yes, never quite understood why they dropped the subtitles - guess they ran out of them.

Back