• Mixed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Idols than Idol

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Well at least it isn't MAFS

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
I voted the best yet.
It's never less than entertaining, and it has some great characters (not all likeable, but even a terrible player like Simon is fun to watch).
There are too many idols and they are too easily found, but it beats the current US version hands down.

It's had a few interesting episodes but its the same old format... Producers make it look like the 'big threat' is going to get the votes by throwing in a possible flipper. But of course the flipper is a flopper and booooooooooooooooooooring...

The few times it has been interesting is when something actually happens so they can suspend the stock standard edit.. The original Heroes tribe got very limited screen time, as they should have - they rated a dismal 2nd to watching the coconuts grow..

It's getting there but do find the seasons all blend into one and returning contestants don't help with that. I'd have sworn Jordie and Hayley were on the same season for example, and also Hayley and Shon(n?)ee. Doesn't help the format points and challenges are recycled from year to year with no willingness to change.
Even though the villains were decimated the opportunity was there this time to skip the tribe swap and just merge a little earlier just to make it less predictable. A post-merge temporary tribe split could have then been an option too.

Certainly way better than last year though but hope we get the promised all newbie season next year.

Last edited:
It's had a few interesting episodes but its the same old format... Producers make it look like the 'big threat' is going to get the votes by throwing in a possible flipper. But of course the flipper is a flopper and booooooooooooooooooooring...

The few times it has been interesting is when something actually happens so they can suspend the stock standard edit.. The original Heroes tribe got very limited screen time, as they should have - they rated a dismal 2nd to watching the coconuts grow..
I know the promos often give it away anyway but if you avoid them it's often pretty obvious who will end up at tribal from either the pre-credit scene or first scenes after the titles.

…evenin’ all… the season that comes out with a cast of completely unknown contestants with no internet fame / from talent agencies / are ordinary people and are interesting then I will enjoy the season… until then I’ll still be the whingey whiny little shithead that takes the shit out of everyone and everything that happens on the show I’m afraid… cheers.

Back