Skip to main content

Survivor: Heroes v Villains - build up and Episode 1

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
First contestant officially announced is Hayley Leake (S6 Winner) for the Heroes tribe.

Guess they'll label him a villian too. One season was more than enough of him, and the same goes for Hayley too.

So this is essentially another All Stars then?

So this is essentially another All Stars then?
Half half. Both tribes were meant to be split 6 newbies and 6 returnees each. Apparently there only ended up being 11 returnees as someone allegedly pulled out last minute. The cast is pretty much leaked online, it's in some ways a lot different to what was originally leaked prior to filming.

I am really excited to see Hayley play again. Australian Survivor is not gonna stop milking their screen hogs for multiple seasons it seems, they may as well be people I enjoy watching and who are also skilled players. George however, I would have been fine with never seeing again. Purely because he will constantly be saved round after round and get too much airtime, not so much because I don't somewhat enjoy watching him.

My favourite player from any season is rumoured to be back for a third appearance. Thankfully there seems to only be one three timer amongst the cast.

I've watched every season of Aussie Survivor and yet I can't remember most of these people. O_O
I wonder if its just old age or selective viewing, like selective hearing you only hear what you want - perhaps I only remember a few.. ;)

They must be close to finishing revealing the cast surely - seem to have been doing it for weeks and still going. Must be up to about 73 contestants now.

I am struggling to recall most of these returnees. Disappointed Kristie Bennett is not in, after all. But looking forward to watching it!

Jackie and Steve are obviously very desperate casting choices since the rumoured drop outs were all big characters. I would assume many others would have declined. So it isn't surprising given the gender imbalance of returnees and there only being eleven of them. This should have been when All Stars was done, it would have been the perfect time.

Looking forward to Shontent!

If they were casting half veterans I'd have prefers a Vets v Newbies tribe divide really rather than them randomly deciding people are villains based on the need to fill that tribe up.

If they were casting half veterans I'd have prefers a Vets v Newbies tribe divide really rather than them randomly deciding people are villains based on the need to fill that tribe up.
Yeah I don’t like the mix, fans vs favourites would have made way more sense. Heroes vs villains should have been saved for either the next all stars season or even a 10 year anniversary season in 2026. I feel like with this tribe arrangement the returnees and newbies will be kind of forced to play against the other side.

Jackie and Steve are obviously very desperate casting choices since the rumoured drop outs were all big characters.
I do remember Stevie and Jackie vaguely - it's the 3 returnee blokes in the heroes who ring zero bells in my mind, also Simon Mee in the villains.

I do remember Stevie and Jackie vaguely - it's the 3 returnee blokes in the heroes who ring zero bells in my mind, also Simon Mee in the villains.
The heroes tribe is insanely stacked in comparison to the heroes. Sam Webb, Shaun Hampson, Flick and Hayley are all massive challenge beasts! Although, not so much great in the entertainment part of the show in comparison to the villains. If we wanna talk about airtime and confessionals, the likes of Shonee, George, Simon and Jordie put the Villains tribe as a pretty fun tribe. I think it's gonna be a really fun season. Sam was all about mateship on his season, Shaun is remembered for being fooled by David and being given a fake idol.

I remember both Steve and Jackie well. Steve was part of the protein alliance in S3 with Benji and Robbie, the boys worked with Steve to blindside the only female member of their alliance, whilst Shonee and her allies decided to blindside Steve instead. I guess that's why they're pumping up a Steve vs Shonee narrative (which I assume will largely end in only one obvious way). I liked Jackie a lot in her season, she worked with Russell Hantz and wasn't a boring recruited sportster on the champions tribe, but was rather an actual fan of the show. I am very much open to seeing her play again.

I like the promo's this week as there are a few stating, 'Get George out first".. I hope so, I couldn't imagine how deflating it would be to go through all the interviews, auditions etc only to be ousted after 1 day ...

But George deserves to suffer that indignation :p

Would peak my interest if he went early but if they're teasing it in the promos it probably isn't happening.

I’m predicting that the post merge is going to consist of an abundance of returnee players. And a LOT of George confessionals.

…aw man!… I can’t wait for this to start so that we can all post ‘Live’ again (and all of our old ‘gang‘ post together with the help of more newcomers again)… I can’t wait to start whinging and whining about the players again and generally start to pick the shit out of them again… my greatest hate though is the obligatory ‘showmance’ that happens every friggin’ season!… please don’t let one start again… I can only stomach so much until I chuck chunder and spit chunks… we should have a bet on who hooks up with who and how long it takes… unfortunately it will happen… bring on the show so that I can start whinging and whining (and ranting of course)… when does it start?… cheers.

Back