Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

Not at all. It's a fan site. TEN have no obligation whatsoever to give anybody who isn't an authorised media outlet anything tbh. :writing:

The contestants are under contract anyway. They wouldn't be allowed to, just like Big Brother. Remember when the Australian Idol contestant spoke to somebody unauthorised, which resulted in them subsequently getting kicked off the series?

It's hardly a surprise.
The US show gives fan sites exit interviews with contestants, at least Rob of RHAP has an exit interview every week.
This show has already been filmed so there is no live component or result that can be affected by contestants. Contestants know not to spoil things thigh they so times do inadvertently.

I'm shocked they didn't let Ben have access to voted out survivors as he certainly helped put Australia on the map of Suvivor fans. He deserved support and he could have helped the show be more successful. He is knowledgable about the show probably more than any media in Australia.

In the US, there is substantial media coverage of the show and exit interviews with every contestant.

Ive never watched a full episode of survivor before! I remember a scene a million years ago with Elisabeth Hasselbeck in a bikini long before she would ever grind my gears on The View but that's it. Not sure I can start now but I really want this show to do well and I'm so glad people are watching it and enjoying it!!

I'm obsessed with the ratings... From an article in the Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...ts-are-damn-hard-to-like-20160818-gqw0sf.html

Once you add regional viewers,Survivor'sdebut rises to 1.05 million, peaking at 1.35 million. Ten will be happy with this. Their challenge now is to keep this audience (and grow it, preferably).

Both programs beat Seven'sIn Rio TodayOlympics package, which drew 755,000 city viewers. On Monday, Seven will throw a third reality show into the mix with Zumbo's Just Desserts.

Renovation, cooking ... or the show that prised open the reality floodgates? For viewers, it's a bit of light relief. For Ten – on the upswingafter a disastrous few years – there's much more at stake.

There are enough survivor fans worldwide who are interests in the show but that doesn't help with local ratings. Survivor is a massive show internationally. Ive never seen the Block but I know it is nowhere as popular as Survivor which is debuting it's 33 season in a few weeks.

I'm cheering for Survivor Australia to be a huge success.

The ratings have to be good for it to have longevity. I understand Ten have already commissioned a second series, but even so.

The Block (on rival channel Nine) is a stinking heap of shit, which is far more popular over here than US Survivor. They don't even show the US seasons of Survivor on the main 9 channel over here, and it rates in pitifully low numbers. We're lucky they screen it at all - and to be fair, they've been decent in keeping it to a regular time and close to the US airing time, the last few seasons; but for a while there you had to really chase it around the schedule and very late at night. I've watched since the first US season.

Ive never watched a full episode of survivor before! I remember a scene a million years ago with Elisabeth Hasselbeck in a bikini long before she would ever grind my gears on The View but that's it. Not sure I can start now but I really want this show to do well and I'm so glad people are watching it and enjoying it!!

She was actually quite sweet on Survivor, I liked her. She didn't have any opinions though, as far as I recall she hooked up (not romantically, but strategically) with an older father-figure type and cruised through without having to do very much.

So the "ROB" podacast basically suggests 24 is too much people at once.
16, 20 may be our 'reality-tv-biological-memory-limit', and that seeing as it
has to be longer to be viable, thats probably why they needed more contestants.

3 tribe names was apparently also too much for them. they decided it would
be better to call them red, yellow, blue tribe.

So yes, 24 is too much to remember at once. Also, it makes for little air time for each
person, making it harder for us to "know" them - and assign characters and roles.
But after two episodes its down to 22. two more and we'll get to a "manageable" 20.
We already have hints of alliances forming, but maybe not as much stategic talks
as we would get with a two-tribe scenario, when "tribe immunity" will be replaced
with one person immunity.

So the real strategy here is from the production side. As tribes get smaller
and probably one of the three will be left with 2-3 members we will likely
see a merger into two tribes. by then it will be all strategy talk, with more air time
for each member. So basically, the three tribe stage can be called - "foreplay".

She was actually quite sweet on Survivor, I liked her. She didn't have any opinions though, as far as I recall she hooked up (not romantically, but strategically) with an older father-figure type and cruised through without having to do very much.

Oh really? I never would have picked that! The sweet part I mean, maaaaaybe the cruisy part I would.

Woah!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r/news-story/86c3a45d6028c5d83ae3d863dd510f30

NETWORK Ten will air Australian Survivor for three nights a week starting from next week, news.com.au can reveal.

The scheduling shift — which will see the reality show air Sunday, Monday and now Tuesday nights, with three contestant eliminations per week — is a proactive move in the ratings war against Seven and Nine.

Ten’s Samoa-set series will, on Tuesdays, go up against Nine’s perennial favouriteThe Blockand on Seven, the much-hyped new entryZumbo’s Just Desserts. WhileZumboopened with big figures on Monday night — more than a million viewers across the five capital cities — many viewersvoiced disappointment at the show on social media.

By last night’s second episode,Zumbohad fallen from third to eighth most-watched show of the evening, dropping to 830,000 viewers across the metro capitals. That’s a 23 per cent drop, despite a massive marketing push from Seven.

Ten’s move shows faith in a program that has, since debuting, been beaten in the ratings byThe Blockon both nights. However, viewing figures forAustralian Survivoramong the crucial 25-54 viewer age group have been especially strong.

While its ratings have been softer than for Seven and Nine’s offerings,Australian Survivorhas generated significant buzz on social media, suggesting its audience may grow as buzz develops further.

Sunday’s debut episode was the number one entertainment program on Twitter during its broadcast, with #SurvivorAU trending at number three on Twitter worldwide and number one in Australia.

Network Ten chief programming officer Beverley McGarvey said: “We very pleased with howAustralian Survivorhas started. It has attracted solid audience numbers on television and on social media, and produced big increases in Ten’s audiences in its timeslot. The response from viewers has been extremely positive. Clearly there is a strong audience forAustralian Survivorand we want to capitalise on that by giving viewers more of what they want.”

HOORAY!

I watched this Zumbo deserts thing for the novelty factor.
I love deserts. I didnt love Zumbo.
I can see why it dropped so badly.

I can see Zumbo dropping off, and Survivor increasing if they edit it right and create decent "characters". At the moment though, there is a few too many names and faces to remember, especially considering there are still some invisible ones too who have received no air time whatsoever.

". At the moment though, there is a few too many names and faces to remember, especially considering there are still some invisible ones too who have received no air time whatsoever.

Pretty soon, one trible will decrease to 3-4 members, at which point
they will merge into 2 tribes, resulting in more strategy talks and more airtime for all.
Im pretty sure, the 3 tribe situation is temporary.

Woah!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...r/news-story/86c3a45d6028c5d83ae3d863dd510f30

NETWORK Ten will air Australian Survivor for three nights a week starting from next week, news.com.au can reveal.

The scheduling shift — which will see the reality show air Sunday, Monday and now Tuesday nights, with three contestant eliminations per week — is a proactive move in the ratings war against Seven and Nine.

Ten’s Samoa-set series will, on Tuesdays, go up against Nine’s perennial favouriteThe Blockand on Seven, the much-hyped new entryZumbo’s Just Desserts. WhileZumboopened with big figures on Monday night — more than a million viewers across the five capital cities — many viewersvoiced disappointment at the show on social media.

By last night’s second episode,Zumbohad fallen from third to eighth most-watched show of the evening, dropping to 830,000 viewers across the metro capitals. That’s a 23 per cent drop, despite a massive marketing push from Seven.

Ten’s move shows faith in a program that has, since debuting, been beaten in the ratings byThe Blockon both nights. However, viewing figures forAustralian Survivoramong the crucial 25-54 viewer age group have been especially strong.

While its ratings have been softer than for Seven and Nine’s offerings,Australian Survivorhas generated significant buzz on social media, suggesting its audience may grow as buzz develops further.

Sunday’s debut episode was the number one entertainment program on Twitter during its broadcast, with #SurvivorAU trending at number three on Twitter worldwide and number one in Australia.

Network Ten chief programming officer Beverley McGarvey said: “We very pleased with howAustralian Survivorhas started. It has attracted solid audience numbers on television and on social media, and produced big increases in Ten’s audiences in its timeslot. The response from viewers has been extremely positive. Clearly there is a strong audience forAustralian Survivorand we want to capitalise on that by giving viewers more of what they want.”

HOORAY!

Looks like I won't be watching the Block live at all now! Poor Nein.

No surprise Ten are milking it further - if there's one thing I've learned about Australian TV from afar over the last decade if it one network does it, they all do it. To be fair though the quicker the show gets down to a more manageable number of contestants the better - in two weeks they'll be down to 16.

Back