Skip to main content

Survivor Australia 2016!

New Idea are declaring it a failure before it even begins. There are quotes from "outraged" "fans" from "online" claiming that our season is too long, too boring, with not enough prize money, and a lack of Asian contestants.

New Idea are declaring it a failure before it even begins. There are quotes from "outraged" "fans" from "online" claiming that our season is too long, too boring, with not enough prize money, and a lack of Asian contestants.
why should there be Asians..its Australian survivor not Asian survivor

I think New Idea is the mag associated with Seven? So, coincidentally bashing two Ten shows, as Zumbo's dumb cake show is about to premier. If it's not Seven it's Nine; either way, from memory the two main mags are aligned with different networks.

How would outraged fans know the season is too long until they've watched it, anyway! It's a perceptual thing that one can only really say after watching say, The Kettering Incident...

The bachelor is supposed to be about a man finding a woman,maybe he likes Caucasian women.Maybe they should have a ethnic bachelor instead
Sometimes opposites attract. For example I didn't move to Cambodia to meet Australians (er, not that "finding someone" was my reason to move here).

FWIW I think the cast really should be more diverse. AU reality shows are way too White-centric, although Nine is usually the worst.

I'm just hoping somebody caps this season properly, lol. :shy: It's getting more and more scarce to find actually good and consistent quality TV caps of Aussie shows nowadays after the recent torrent take-downs... and I hate webrips.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this series.

I'm just hoping somebody caps this season properly, lol. :shy: It's getting more and more scarce to find actually good and consistent quality TV caps of Aussie shows nowadays after the recent torrent take-downs... and I hate webrips.
I don't mind webrips just as long as I can watch shows. Using TPB for torrents now - wonder how long that will last.

If I use my VPN to watch live TV, I can watch ABC News24 fine, but Seven and Nine buffer, freeze and crap out. Does Ten even have a stream?

Wooohoo, can't wait, just what I need, some PROPER RTV...

With proper contestants not in a kitchen, not building a kitchen and not looking for fake friggin love...
Hope and pray The Block is decimated - that piece of crap really needs to die, and rename it, GREED & humiliation as it sinks.
The kiddie shit teasing and name calling etc, they do should be reported for harassment in the workplace.

Hope BBB posters get behind this show, it is the closest we will get to BB for the foreseeable future.

Really excited to see how Aussies play, and to have something the forum can get behind - I have tried with Bachelor, but OMG it is so bogan.
He is so whimpy insipid and mumbly, and girls honestly, how most of them left the house looking so shit I can't fathom - most of them have tortured skank hair.

10 have done great RTV, hope this is a smash hit for them, I have a funny fondness for 10.

https://survivoroz.com/2016/08/21/an-important-message-about-the-future-of-survivor-oz/

I wonder why ten wasn't going to give them access to contestants? Are they doing this for other survivor related podcasts too? I personally think that may be a bad omen. It makes them look like they have something to hide.
Not at all. It's a fan site. TEN have no obligation whatsoever to give anybody who isn't an authorised media outlet anything tbh. :writing:

The contestants are under contract anyway. They wouldn't be allowed to, just like Big Brother. Remember when the Australian Idol contestant spoke to somebody unauthorised, which resulted in them subsequently getting kicked off the series?

It's hardly a surprise.

Not at all. It's a fan site. TEN have no obligation whatsoever to give anybody who isn't an authorised media outlet anything tbh. :writing:

The contestants are under contract anyway. They wouldn't be allowed to, just like Big Brother. Remember when the Australian Idol contestant spoke to somebody unauthorised, which resulted in them subsequently getting kicked off the series?

It's hardly a surprise.

if you say so.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/08/the-block-beats-australian-survivor-launch.html

There ya go. As I said. Pricks.

The return ofThe Blockhas beaten the debut ofAustralian Survivor.

Nine’s reality show pulled 1.07m viewers last night while TEN (which annoyingly split coded the show) went as high as 784,000 viewers.

However what is worth noting is that Australian Survivor had to build from a lower base while Nine sailed from its Sunday night news into its reno show. On social media the show won rave reviews from fans -even trending worldwide last night.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/08/australian-survivor.html

Nice enough review, above link, also.

ok Im new and a long time overseas lurker of these forums and a huge HUGE fan of AU RTV!
I watch almost all of it. I like comparing formats between countries (especialy between 4 BB).
Cant wait for Block 12! my fav show.
also MAFS.. cant wait! last season was the BEST RTV ever seen, with fights still going on (villain JONO!)
now my longtime fav The Block AU is in tough competition with AU Survivor!
Yay! soo much to watch.

My initial thoughts:
A. Loved this version so far but its early days right?
(havent been able to watch s. 1 or 2, and fed up with US & IL versions,
so its all like re-sparking an old love to me.. hope my enthusiam lasts..)
B. Des - would have made better tv to keep him on to annoy the rest.
C. Les - Australian dilfs - nothing better. (Dr Chris Brown is still no. 1 though!)
D. The goofy young guys seem like they will make it ultra-schemy, always good.
E. Loved the Block more - tears and meltdowns on day 1. sorry.

For those interested Rob has a podcast will be covering Survivor Australia. The podcasters are Rob Cesternino and Stephen Fishbach, both two time survivor players who are knowledgable about survivor strategy, etc.
They are recording their first recap today live at 8:30pm EST which is 14 hours behind Sydney.

http://robhasawebsite.com

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/08/the-block-beats-australian-survivor-launch.html

There ya go. As I said. Pricks.

The return ofThe Blockhas beaten the debut ofAustralian Survivor.

Nine’s reality show pulled 1.07m viewers last night while TEN (which annoyingly split coded the show) went as high as 784,000 viewers.

However what is worth noting is that Australian Survivor had to build from a lower base while Nine sailed from its Sunday night news into its reno show. On social media the show won rave reviews from fans -even trending worldwide last night.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/08/australian-survivor.html

Nice enough review, above link, also.
There are enough survivor fans worldwide who are interests in the show but that doesn't help with local ratings. Survivor is a massive show internationally. Ive never seen the Block but I know it is nowhere as popular as Survivor which is debuting it's 33 season in a few weeks.

I'm cheering for Survivor Australia to be a huge success.

Back