Skip to main content

Sportsbet Odds on Day 1

It's as if betting on a pre-recorded event is a mugs game. All bets on anyone other than the final three should be voided considering they are non-starters in the actual vote to win.

I believe they get away with allowing betting on pre-recorded television by capping the max bet/potential winnings you can make.

Unlike sports, where betting is virtually limitless, “Novelty Betting” have caps in place, so that no one can put a large figure on Marley to win in one hit. So while the BB crew have an advantage over the public, it’s not like they’re raking it in with their insider knowledge - or at least enough for Sportsbet to do anything about it.

What’s the cap for betting?

According to Sportsbet, the max payout is $1 Million.

Without prior negotiation, the maximum payout by Sportsbet to any one individual or entity (or group deemed by Sportsbet to be acting on behalf of any one individual or entity) on a fixed odds single or Multibet on any of the sports or other events listed in these Sports & Novelties Rules, Terms & Conditions shall be limited to $1,000,000.00.

Sportsbet defines Novelty Betting as any of the following categories - Entertainment, Novelty Bets, Current Affairs, Weather, Music, Hollywood, Pageant and Sports Novelties.

According to Sportsbet, the max payout is $1 Million.

Without prior negotiation, the maximum payout by Sportsbet to any one individual or entity (or group deemed by Sportsbet to be acting on behalf of any one individual or entity) on a fixed odds single or Multibet on any of the sports or other events listed in these Sports & Novelties Rules, Terms & Conditions shall be limited to $1,000,000.00.

Sportsbet defines Novelty Betting as any of the following categories - Entertainment, Novelty Bets, Current Affairs, Weather, Music, Hollywood, Pageant and Sports Novelties.
While this is the max payout, they do place further caps on certain types of shows without warning when you attempt to place a bet.

For eg, in 2012, I was only able to place a $500 bet on Karise Eden to win The Voice at $6 ($3000). Anything higher prompted a message saying I had exceeded their limit for the show. Even if I attempted a separate bet for Karise.

Later in 2012 for Big Brother, then winnings were reduced further. I could only place bets that equaled winnings of $1000. So with Ray’s eviction (2012), I could only bet a max of $66 for Ray to be evicted at $15 ($990) when he was up against Angie & Estelle. $67 and higher would fail on me.
Then with intruder Sam’s eviction, I was able to put a $500 bet on him being evicted at $2 ($1000). Anything higher, got the cap message.

The annoying thing is it’s not until you attempt to place your bet that you find out about a shows’ cap. So you could load up your account with what you were willing to spend, only to find out you can’t place all of it when you attempt to finalise your bet.

They can only know who the final 3 is though, can't they??? As the decided is done live on the final night - or is it pre-decided who is the winner or are the 'bookies' told who out of the final 3 will get the glossy edit to be made the most likable for the public vote?

They don't know for sure but it's not usually that hard to work out who the public are most likely to vote for. Season 1 was probably the hardest to predict TBF especially since Daniel got a more negative edit than he supposedly deserved, at least according to the rest of the cast, but in season 2 Marley was obviously gonna be the most likely and Reggie even more in Season 3.

Those three winners probably would have won in a channel ten and nine version of big brother which does make the whole strategy thing rather pointless.

Still baffles me they are allowed to accept bets on a pre-recorded show. Seven might have the Melbourne Cup next year and I'm sure the bookies would accept bets if they decided rather than airing the race live towards the end of the year they instead repackaged it into a 20 part reality show to air six months later.

Still baffles me they are allowed to accept bets on a pre-recorded show. Seven might have the Melbourne Cup next year and I'm sure the bookies would accept bets if they decided rather than airing the race live towards the end of the year they instead repackaged it into a 20 part reality show to air six months later.
I heard you gambled on your mother's life savings on America losing world war two

I heard you gambled on your mother's life savings on America losing world war two
My mother has been in hospital for six weeks fighting for her life for your information.

That's part of the reason I didn't ban you straight away - I couldn't be dealing with your bollocks. And to think I was concerned about your mental health. You're an absolute piece of shit.

My mother has been in hospital for six weeks fighting for her life for your information.

That's part of the reason I didn't ban you straight away - I couldn't be dealing with your bollocks. And to think I was concerned about your mental health. You're an absolute piece of shit.
This user also messaged me with a spammy discord server invite link:1692891730173.png

So sorry to hear this Brekkie.
Not what you need at this time.
All our thoughts are with you 🌻

I hope she is doing well now. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

Back