Skip to main content

Game Song Contest

Lucas

Hi all

Would anyone like to play a new game inspired by the Eurovision Song Contest?

How it works:
You need to send me a private message with a music video you like or think is interesting. When I receive at least 10 entries I will post each video in this thread and there will be a round of voting to determine which video is the most popular song.

One person. One entry.

Music video rules:
You can send me any music video you like. We accept all genres. (Perhaps if this is popular we could have themes for further rounds?)

Songs do not necessarily need to have a official music video but is encouraged for it to be entertaining to voters.

Music videos will be posted in the alphabetical order of members usernames.

How to vote:
Anyone can vote but if you have a entry in the round you can only give yourself 1 point. You will need to watch and give each music video a point according to your taste.

Points system example:
10 points - (best)
9 points -
8 points -
7 points -
6 points -
5 points -
4 points -
3 points -
2 points -
1 point - (least favourite/own entry)

You can vote two ways: either publicly by posting on this thread or by sending a private message to me with your votes. Your votes will be kept private if sent to me via PM.

Comments on the music videos are encouraged. (During the voting period or when you vote publicly.)

Voting will open and last until exactly 5 days from the time of my post of the last entry posted (song number ten).

I hope you enjoy. Everyone is welcome.

Any suggestions or views on this game is most welcomed to help improve it.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

I have not really had much interest in this game so it probably won't go ahead unless we can get some more entries. If anyone can suggest a video for the contest all you need to do is private message me with a clip from YouTube. You do not have to vote in the actual contest if you enter but we do need entries for the game to begin.

Thank you to everyone who has private messaged me with videos so far. :)

To get another entry in should I put in a music video as well or would that not be good and unfair because I am running the game? Of course my entry will be under the same rules as everybody else. Voting will also be revealed but of course kept anonymous for people who PM me.

And I know I would never be able to compete with the lovely Petra and handsome Mans! :p
tumblr_o791w7hz3R1tpwfdzo3_500.gif

This game is loosely based on Eurovision but is open to all genre's of music and I think it could be fun to discover other member's tastes and hear new songs. :):)

It's up to you now BBB Members!!! ;)

I think it's a great idea Lucas, I've just been thinking on it.
Hope you get enough entries to go ahead, and I'd have no problem with you submitting one yourself.

Is there any restriction on how old or new the song is? I assume it should be something most people wouldn't immediately know, but can it be something that charted but is not generally remembered by most people?

I think it's a great idea Lucas, I've just been thinking on it.
Hope you get enough entries to go ahead, and I'd have no problem with you submitting one yourself.

Is there any restriction on how old or new the song is? I assume it should be something most people wouldn't immediately know, but can it be something that charted but is not generally remembered by most people?

Hi Meglos! :)

Thank you.

Nope their is no restriction on the song. It can be a song from any year and any genre. You are right that it is best if the song isn't exactly a "classic", current top ten or something most people would immediately recognise. However due to the lack of participants at the moment I wouldn't necessarily reject a "classic" song but it is encouraged for entries to be songs that aren't that well known. :)

Back