Skip to main content

So Want Vote to Evict Back

I have to say vote to save over votw to evict. I havent seen the vote/save done together. I LOVE how this years evictions have been going and it would have been sad to see tim or makala go. A comment on someone's suggestion of doing vote to evict and vote to save and evicting the person with the least votes I dont think this would work as people would feel like their money will be wasted and won't vote. MAybe if it was a free online vote or freephone then it might work.

AUS BB 2001-2005 was vote to evict

2006-2007 was vote to save AND vote to evict

Prior to eviction each housemates' save votes were merged with their evict votes; the housemate with the highest number of evict votes – or lowest number of save votes – remaining after the merge is evicted.

2008 started out with public voting for who would be nominated and then HMs voted to evict. Then it changed over to HMs nominating and public vote to save

2012-13 Vote to save

We have always paid 55c for phone or text votes.

AUS BB 2001-2005 was vote to evict

2006-2007 was vote to save AND vote to evict

Prior to eviction each housemates' save votes were merged with their evict votes; the housemate with the highest number of evict votes – or lowest number of save votes – remaining after the merge is evicted.

2008 started out with public voting for who would be nominated and then HMs voted to evict. Then it changed over to HMs nominating and public vote to save

2012-13 Vote to save

We have always paid 55c for phone or text votes.

Im guessing there were two phone numbers to call for each HM right? for vote to evict/save

Correct... It could get a bit confusing

I could see how that would be good in theory. Not in pratice, I dont know if I am right but if you know you vote would be cancelled wouldn't you be put off. Even though they are not really getting cancelled out

As much as I hated them I really miss last years housemates. I am trying to embrace the new ones but I just can't.

I could see how that would be good in theory. Not in pratice, I dont know if I am right but if you know you vote would be cancelled wouldn't you be put off. Even though they are not really getting cancelled out

Yeah in theory it means if you really hate someone you have the power to evict them but if you love them, save them. It was always confusing when they showed the graph on eviction night. I can understand why they have abandoned that. I'm not sure of the 'stats' on whether voting revenue was reduced or not?!?

Yeah in theory it means if you really hate someone you have the power to evict them but if you love them, save them. It was always confusing when they showed the graph on eviction night. I can understand why they have abandoned that. I'm not sure of the 'stats' on whether voting revenue was reduced or not?!?

I wouldnt think voting revenue is significant, surely its the effect the voting has on ratings which will have a much bigger effect on revenue overall. With a show thats only getting 1million viewers a night I cant imagine its a whole lot

I wouldnt think voting revenue is significant, surely its the effect the voting has on ratings which will have a much bigger effect on revenue overall. With a show thats only getting 1million viewers a night I cant imagine its a whole lot

A million for an Australian TV show is pretty good. I don't think the format of the voting process would have that much of an impact on ratings. But I could be wrong.

A million for an Australian TV show is pretty good. I don't think the format of the voting process would have that much of an impact on ratings. But I could be wrong.

I mean if good Housemates go via the voting format then the ratings would drop

I think 1 million must be quite good then considering most UK shows get like 5-7 million but big brother uk gets like 1.6-2 million viewers and its still getting renewed for a new series. Mind you it isnt on the major channels that draw in the millions. Big brother uk used to get 4-5 million at one point but it changed channels

Another reason I'm glad they scrapped evict votes is its just a giant magnet for hate. Hate votes might as well call them.

Better just focus on who you're interested in, who you like and give them some votes and if they stay then great. Rather than having hate parties on housemates and wanting others to join in on the hate so your hate target of the week is gone.

Back