Skip to main content

So this was just posted on the Jump-In site...back in 2015?

Put it this way...
Sonia didn't thank all of the crew and staff that work on the show.. something that is only done if the show is coming to a complete end.. just like in 2008.
They didn't pay homage to the behind the scenes efforts of the crew, producers etc, again.. all of which would only happen if the show was coming to a full stop.
It wasn't played out tonight like it was a complete wrap of of the show, so with all of that being said
and the auditions page indicating 2015 "END0002/bigbrother_auditions2015"

i would happily think and believe that it is coming back next year.. for sure :)

@Matt34 it could be a contractual obligation between Endemol and the network (Channel 9) when a decision hasn't been made to do that

yeah I don't think the application confirmed entirely that the show will be back next year. To me it just looks like they're trying to keep their options open.

The least we could get is the host announcing "We'll see you again next year!" in the end yet we don't have that. And usually when the house announced that, it already had been confirmed by the network or press 2 to 1 week prior to the grand finale that the show will be renewed for another season. Well at least it was always like that here in US.

*double posting across threads because there are 2 threads about the same thing..
But put it this way...
Sonia didn't thank all of the crew and staff that work on the show.. something that is only done if the show is coming to a complete end.. just like in 2008.
They didn't pay homage to the behind the scenes efforts of the crew, producers etc, again.. all of which would only happen if the show was coming to a full stop.
It wasn't played out tonight like it was a complete wrap of of the show, so with all of that being said
and the auditions page indicating 2015 "END0002/bigbrother_auditions2015"

i would happily think and believe that it is coming back next year.. for sure :)

Channel 9, what even, I mean, come on! If your gonna cancel it just tell us instead of letting everyone forget about and not putting it Your schedules.

They should have done a poll as to how many people would watch if they have it again. They will always find people to apply for a chance to win $250,000 or $200,000, whatever the amount would be.

As of this moment, its return is completely undecided. I thought that was pretty obvious.
Agreed. And my guess is that if it was coming back, they would have announced it at the finale.
They don't seem to have a good time slot for it, programming wise.

I guess if everyone involved profited and it rated consistently and reasonably well (which it did for the most part in targeted demographics, I believe) then there's no reason it won't be back, is there? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

If it does come back, I just hope more thought is truly given to what the original concept of this show is about. 2014 BB was a sad and pathetic shell of its former self. It lacked spontaneity which is the life-blood of a social experiment such as this. Stop the micro-managing, control-freak mentality and let it breathe. Dump the contrived/staged elements and the manipulation through editing that was so nauseously rampant this season. It's an insult to our intelligence and precludes us making a true connection to the Housemates. So many times in these forums, people have stated that they don't know these HM's. It was being said as late as last week so that surely rings alarm bells? We kept hearing various things from evicted HM's and were left scratching our heads in wonderment because we weren't being shown what they talked about. It's dishonest and not in keeping with the spirit of this concept. That's why, if it does return, it's imperative to include live feeds and at least one show with an adults only theme.
The programming/air-time must also improve...what a debacle it was this year. Chaotic, inconsistent and so frustrating that even avid fans had trouble keeping up at times.
Ooops...turning into a novel...I'll stop rambling now.

Obviously it hasn't been renewed yet.

@Goon said a few weeks back that Nine have until early 2015 to decide whether or not the show will return. He also said Nine might be worried Ten would want the show back (unconfirmed and rumours though) so it might return to Ten in 2016 at the earliest if Nine doesn't renew for next year.

What I wonder is the reaction from the housemates when they get to see exactly what we see? How much do they then realise is out of context and continuity. Would they feel a bit gypped and rightly so that their time in the house has possibly been curtailed by the bizarre editing etc? Somewhat embarrassed at some of their antics?

It's an expression of interest, it didn't say it was gonna happen.

You will have to await the announcement late January 2015 or before if Nine are excited with last nights ratings (if that was any good).

Last night's ratings were shit. But it's done quite well in the demos and in the younger demo throughout the season. I wish people would stop staying, Give it to SBS! It costs upward of 20 million last I heard for the 3 year licence.

I would be very surprised it 9 renewed it. And I would be surprised if 10 tried to get it back. They've now got a local version of I'm a Celeb, Get Me Out of Here for next year, and are rumoured to be doing a local version of The Glasshouse, from what I've heard. BB is therefore redundant. But you never know.

Expressions of interest is a face-saving interim measure for the producers.

Last edited:
What I wonder is the reaction from the housemates when they get to see exactly what we see? How much do they then realise is out of context and continuity. Would they feel a bit gypped and rightly so that their time in the house has possibly been curtailed by the bizarre editing etc? Somewhat embarrassed at some of their antics?

Yeah I said earlier I felt like giving them all sympathy votes for the shoddy access we got to them this year.

Back