Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

The house has been dismantled
Actually I think the house got gutted but is actually still there.

Personally I would be very surprised if they rebooted it (again) due to the costs and declining ratings (not to mention Nine trashing the brand). OTOH, I would hope that if it did return, CBS would do live streams again, which is a perfect fit for today's social media like Twitter (in particular), which in turn, creates 24-hour buzz for the show.

Still ain't gonna hold my breath. I can't even watch BBUK any more because Channel 5 ruined it.

Had its run on Channel 10, ended. Had its run on Channel 9, ended. It would be a major risk for it to be brought back on another station and I feel that the networks can see that. Is it a ratings problem? That is possible.

The house has been dismantled. Where would production of the show be held?

It is still too way early for it to even be looked at. I predict it won't be back at all but it is does, no earlier than 2019.

Yep this 100%

Had its run on Channel 10, ended. Had its run on Channel 9, ended. It would be a major risk for it to be brought back on another station and I feel that the networks can see that. Is it a ratings problem? That is possible.

The house has been dismantled. Where would production of the show be held?
Still Channel 7 to go then. The house is somewhat irrelevent - almost all versions of the show have relocated at some point and in recent years most "houses" have been within soundstages rather than purpose built houses. It's the kitting it out rather than the building itself which is the biggest issue, and they'd have to do that if they stayed at Dreamworld anyway.

i'd like to see big brother on youtube. like a new season of it. that could be fun.

A site like YouTube really wouldn't work as an exclusive provider of BB... If BB were to move online a much safer bet would be Netflix or Amazon Prime... I think you'd be hard pressed to find a production company willing to share revenue with Google... With that said I don't believe BB in Australia would be suited to an online exclusive format at the moment...

So turns out that "revised format" is Love Island, exclusively on 9Go and 9Now. It is the better format of the two right now. Sounds like ex-BB boss Alex Mavroidakis is in charge too.
Confirmed on his Twitter account.

I hate to admit it but I will probably watch this.

Back