Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Well if they go ahead with the Gatwick, ha, ha do it there......all living in a rathole, with ghosts, and locals attacking them, tee hee
Could end up with....first murder on RTV
9 are morons, they already make renos more boring than yeah paint drying, just imagine how boring they could make 24hours
maybe the block gatwick will be the new big brother house - Big Brother would no longer be about lounging around a pool, but rather surviving three months in a haunted house in the dead of winter in Melbourne.

Maybe the Block BB could actually do something worthwhile, build homes for the homeless - instead of feeding the housing bubble

OMG Nooooooooooooooooooo, 9 are having poisonous ideas........SOMEBODY AT 10 SAVE US, buy/do SOMETHING, ANYTHING......Love Island or anything.....

More of the Blockheads? Shelley Craft wants a 'Big Brother-style' channel for The Block that live streams the ins and outs 24-hours a day...as producers hope to capitalise on ratings success

The Block is a ratings smash and a fan favourite that is currently in its 13th season.

And co-host of the show, Shelley Craft, has revealed that she wants a 'Big Brother-style' channel for The Block, that lives streams 24-hours a day and airs the 'best bits.'

The 41-year-old TV personality told The Daily Telegraph: 'We shoot 20 hours a day, seven days a week. There is plenty of footage to go round!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rother-style-channel-Block.html#ixzz4pnS72dCP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Ironically, the money to fund this would probably come from firing her. She's a vestigial limb from when the show still had multiple challenges every week. Her role has been minimal and pointless for a long time.

CBS is about to buy Channel Ten. Could this be a good sign about a potential return of Big Brother in the near future?

I wouldn't say anything is completely off the table at this point but I also wouldn't read too much in to it...

I wouldn't say anything is completely off the table at this point but I also wouldn't read too much in to it...
yeah. It's not like they wouldn't look at BBAU's history and ratings... and then quickly realise it's probably not viable. I think they would more likely air BBUS on 11 than reboot the local version.

yeah. It's not like they wouldn't look at BBAU's history and ratings... and then quickly realise it's probably not viable. I think they would more likely air BBUS on 11 than reboot the local version.

Apart from the last season on Ten when they started throwing too many stunts in and the last horrible season on Nine, all the other seasons had pretty good ratings especially in the younger demos which the advertisers are after.

In any case it wouldnt rate any worse than what Im a Celeb and Survivor are rating right now.

In any case it wouldnt rate any worse than what Im a Celeb and Survivor are rating right now.
Production costs of BB would be a lot higher though (obviously Nine cut them to the bone by sending the crew home at night, and cutting the live streams). Things were a lot different in 2001. Reality TV was new and Big Brother had a huge novelty factor. These days, not so much.

CBS is about to buy Channel Ten. Could this be a good sign about a potential return of Big Brother in the near future?
In theory it makes no difference as CBS don't own the format - but of course they know what the show does for them - and continues to do for them - every summer in the US, so when looking at future reality formats it's a known quantity to the channels US execs, although of course the US and Aussie formats are quite different. I'd love to see Australia have a crack at the US format but I'm not 100% sure the Aussie audience would buy it. Even the superb Australian Survivor isn't getting anywhere near close to the magic million mark.

If they're looking back for their future hits I think reviving Australian Idol might be a preferred option - slightly less risky and with The X Factor and Got Talent gone more of a gap in the market for it.

i wouldn't object to CBS putting on some old seasons of bbUSA on 11. as long as they are the right seasons of course.

If CBS and Ten were to revive BB they'd be silly not to at least give an Americanized format a go... I agree with Brekkie however that something like Australian Idol might be a safer bet... That said I'm sure they'll be keeping a close watch on the American Idol revival on the American ABC... There seem to be a lot of critics questioning whether they can pull that off...

If they want to go down the Bb route I would expect them to air an American version and see how autralian market reacts to that version before making one of our own.

If CBS and Ten were to revive BB they'd be silly not to at least give an Americanized format a go... I agree with Brekkie however that something like Australian Idol might be a safer bet... That said I'm sure they'll be keeping a close watch on the American Idol revival on the American ABC... There seem to be a lot of critics questioning whether they can pull that off...

Hopefully they saw what happened to X Factor Australia recently.

For the record, I think neither of these two shows (Big Brother or Australian Idol) will ever come back.

Hopefully they saw what happened to X Factor Australia recently.

For the record, I think neither of these two shows (Big Brother or Australian Idol) will ever come back.

I believe in my hearts of hearts that big brother will be back one day.

How can you be so certain? Especially in this day and age where shows are getting revived all the time.

Had its run on Channel 10, ended. Had its run on Channel 9, ended. It would be a major risk for it to be brought back on another station and I feel that the networks can see that. Is it a ratings problem? That is possible.

The house has been dismantled. Where would production of the show be held?

It is still too way early for it to even be looked at. I predict it won't be back at all but it is does, no earlier than 2019.

Back