Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

Just out of interest if Big Brother was revived as an online only subscription option how much would people be willing to pay for say a three month series with live feeds, weekly live evictions and daily recaps?
I think the equivalent of a three month subscription to Netflix is not unreasonable as with live feeds it could be all that some people watch during that time. I would however tier it so the first month was cheaper as you want people to check it out and hopefully tell others.

Getting into this idea! you could have tiered costs for regular viewers of just daily shows and VIP viewers who want to watch all the live feeds ( not a huge difference would be needed, but would give viewers the option). And of course this forum would need to be attached to the site so we can all chat about the going ons.

Now that would bump the subscription price up.

I think you have to have one subscription level really, but with a free trial. BBOTT worked in the US by selling it around the live feeds with everything else being a bonus, and I think that is how it would have to work anywhere else, especially if sold as a stand alone product rather than part of an existing streaming service. I'd personally be willing to pay more than a standard Netflix subscription but you do need to know what version of BB you're getting. I wouldn't pay a penny for the 2014 series.

Now that would bump the subscription price up.

I think you have to have one subscription level really, but with a free trial. BBOTT worked in the US by selling it around the live feeds with everything else being a bonus, and I think that is how it would have to work anywhere else, especially if sold as a stand alone product rather than part of an existing streaming service. I'd personally be willing to pay more than a standard Netflix subscription but you do need to know what version of BB you're getting. I wouldn't pay a penny for the 2014 series.
I would probably pay to see a house including someone like Penny from 2014, but not anything else from that year!

10 dollars a month for daily shows and evictions.

15 dollars a month for daily shows, evictions, backstage interviews, live feeds, complete archive of big brother stuff, podcasts, behind the scenes footage, analysis by body language experts and psychologists, and anything else i've forgotten.

And also i remember reading here that at ch 9 era big brother they didn't let you be a housemate if you posted on this forum? I could be wrong. But anyway if i'm right i hope they do away with that stupid and petty practice.

An independent voice like this forum only serves to strengthen a show like Big Brother.

15 dollars a month for daily shows, evictions, backstage interviews, live feeds, complete archive of big brother stuff, podcasts, behind the scenes footage, analysis by body language experts and psychologists, and anything else i've forgotten.
I'd pay this too, but NOT if it was made by, or had anything to do with Channel Nine.

Just out of interest if Big Brother was revived as an online only subscription option how much would people be willing to pay for say a three month series with live feeds, weekly live evictions and daily recaps?

I'd be willing to pay what ever

Even cheaper if you put up with watching on a tiny phone from 3mobile - $6 monthly if I recall correctly (and unmetered)! :)

Was great for the first season in 2001, watching it in fullscreen for free (yes it was free) on my new Bigpond cable connection. It played perfectly and with no ads. Good times.

Best Big brother australia was 2001 and 2002. Then they over did it when Gretel left for good and then made it all shitty on channel 9.

So as i was saying about the big brother tapes... my tour tapes. Ive been recording for years things festivals and tour locations i know what im doing and i dont muck about with a camera. I knew i would record big brother house 1 by using good quality premium and i meant premium mini HQ tapes at the time. These tapes are of high quality audio as well colour and quality. No its not HD but almost. If i do this i will show people this but im not going to give everything away unless i have water trade mark over it.. But ill deal with you business if... want to negociate a deal with me with the original tapes of my bb house tour of 2001 and also the big brother tour in 2008. I also have the original in well package all hosuemates of 2001 and ben and blair and sarra marie on diferent photos.. photos by kodac and they look authentic but copy photos.. Nothing like a poster. I brought those in 2001 at the big brother shop during the time. but the big one is the big full housemates all in a large photo.

Then you can say plenty of videos recorded on tv of the show. The reason why i was watching big brother 2001 on sunday just gone by youtube is because it was easier for me to just go straight into it and sharing it with viewers.. otherwise i would of taken out my highquality better video tapes but that means i would need to take out the box... take out and select the seasons and numbers and timing consuming and its real hot in brisbane so i can't bother with electronics around me because its humidity inside. So i will wait early next year hopefully if i get any success out of this... But it will happen. I will inform you folks soon aventually.

Going by this, MAYBE Lee Lin Chin could host - O_O :laugh: :hilarious:
She is fabulous, and she would be hilarious. If they reinvented BBAU and she could be scathing and facetious it would be awesome. Because, let's face it, most HMs nowadays would be asking for it.

Well i had a brief chat with Mike Goldman about the possibility of return, he seemed much more confident that it will be back next year, although he isn't secured as the voice over artist yet. Take that for what you will, i can provide a picture if need be, but it's still not very conclusive evidence. Just thought i'd add it to this topic.

Well i had a brief chat with Mike Goldman about the possibility of return, he seemed much more confident that it will be back next year, although he isn't secured as the voice over artist yet. Take that for what you will, i can provide a picture if need be, but it's still not very conclusive evidence. Just thought i'd add it to this topic.
Mike Goldman is (hilariously) a poor source for information. He'll tell anyone that will listen at any point in time that it's going to come back, even when he hasn't heard a thing.

Mike Goldman is (hilariously) a poor source for information. He'll tell anyone that will listen at any point in time that it's going to come back, even when he hasn't heard a thing.
Ever the optimist, Mike would like the gig again I'm sure. Either that or he has an evil sense of humour. :D

Back