Skip to main content

So...Back with "revised format"?

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
Lol.....

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...k/news-story/3b3feccbbe66e267892a8dafb60a3fd7

BIG Brother was pronounced dead by most when reports surfaced the iconic Dreamworld host house was being dismantled and the show failed to return last year.

However, the naysayers may have spoken too soon as Confidential is once again hearing murmurs about a potential revival.

It isn’t the first time this year our sources have speculated that the reality show could return to our TV screens in a revised format.

However, the word is it may no longer be hosted in Queensland, but a potential move to Sydney or Melbourne is on the cards.

The question that I (and I'm sure many others) want to know, is which tv network is behind these 'murmurs'?
The Courier Mail article isn't the first time I have heard the idea of a new house location in Sydney or Melbourne, but I'm not quite sure I buy this suggestion. On my last check of satellite imagery from late April the house still stands despite much of the surrounding forest being cleared. It may be that other pieces of the BB production like the editing of shows are moving but not the house itself, assuming these 'murmurs' are true.

---

Also, this is sort of off topic but is about BB and 2016, (but not BB in 2016 ;))... but was it only me who upon watching Channel 7's Rio Olympic coverage thought that their set looks a bit familiar to something from 2014 (but heaps better!)?

channel-seven-led.jpg

The question that I (and I'm sure many others) want to know, is which tv network is behind these 'murmurs'?
The Courier Mail article isn't the first time I have heard the idea of a new house location in Sydney or Melbourne, but I'm not quite sure I buy this suggestion. On my last check of satellite imagery from late April the house still stands despite much of the surrounding forest being cleared. It may be that other pieces of the BB production like the editing of shows are moving but not the house itself, assuming these 'murmurs' are true.

---

Also, this is sort of off topic but is about BB and 2016, (but not BB in 2016 ;))... but was it only me who upon watching Channel 7's Rio Olympic coverage thought that their set looks a bit familiar to something from 2014 (but heaps better!)?

channel-seven-led.jpg
OMG it sooooooooooooooo does! :jawdrop:
That podium in the middle looks reminds me of the one used in 2008 for KylO and JackiNO.

I really could see this being a BB Set! :woot:

NewBB.jpeg

...just to add to the speculation above... from this website below... cheers.

http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/0808/big-brother-australia-to-return-with-revised-format

Big Brother Australia to return with ‘revised format’?

Posted on August 8 2016 at 01:49am
bbau_studio.jpg

Rumours are once again suggesting that Big Brother Australia could be brought back for a new series with a “revised format”.

The show has now been on hiatus for over a year and a half, with Nine opting not to proceed with a planned Celebrity version last year – while reports of a new run in 2016 have failed to come to fruition.

But The Courier Mail newspaper has offered fans fresh hope, claiming it is “hearing murmurs” that a revival is again on the cards, with a “revised format”.

This is the first news about BBAU since February, when its presenter Sonia Kruger commented that it had been put “on the back burner”.

However, while the current Big Brother house at Dreamworld theme park in Queensland is still standing – despite claims it had been dismantled – the Mail indicates that it could move to a new location, such as Sydney or Melbourne.

Despite BBAU’s lengthy break, it has yet to be axed by Nine, which is understood to have the rights to the show until the end of 2016.

The broadcaster last commented on its status almost a year ago, when programming boss Andrew Backwell said: “It is still in consideration, so we’re certainly not ruling it out.”

BBAU’s last series, which was won by Ryan Ginns, concluded in November 2014.

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bbau/news/08...a-to-return-with-revised-format#ixzz4GjgtyqnF

Bitta speculation is better than nothing ay. Keeps the hype up of a possible return (I fucking hope), 9's 2nd quarter revenue is also down this year i'm pretty sure.

Lmao i'm also confused when they say 'murmurs' (possibility it could be revived) then it moves straight onto the shows location moving. That implies considerable interest if they are looking into location possibilities and shit.

Sounds to me like Endemol trying to sound out interest, though realistically Nine is probably it's only possibility. Ten now has reality sorted with I'm a Celeb, The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Survivor (which I think will be a hit), although if Seven did dump The X Factor and Dancing with the Stars - and that's a very big if - it does open up the end of the year. Nine though more than anything needs a big hit - The Block seems to be their only returning stripped format at the moment and that is faltering.

I'd love to have it back, obviously. Not sure where is would fit in the current TV sphere though. I am very happy for speculation and I am hoping this time it leads to something! I agree with @Brekkie - they are probably sounding out interest. God knows why they chose Celeb Apprentice over Celeb BB though. Is there anything we can do to help build interest out there?

I guess since the rights are expiring for 9, so they'll have to make a decision whether they want another crack or to let it go to market. I can't see 7 or 10 doing it at the moment. 10 maybe if Survivor bombs.

Maybe they are thinking of turning it into something like Big Brother USA?

Hmm... that would be interesting. They had been using "Heads of Household" and having HMs "Vote to Evict" before. I believe they also had the Strategy Room in 2008. As long as they kept the tasks and Big Brother, this could work.

On the other hand, they could talk strategy all the time.... which would be (zzzz zzzz).

Hmm... that would be interesting. They had been using "Heads of Household" and having HMs "Vote to Evict" before. I believe they also had the Strategy Room in 2008. As long as they kept the tasks and Big Brother, this could work.

On the other hand, they could talk strategy all the time.... which would be (zzzz zzzz).

Didn't they also have like a strategy room in 2014? I remember they used that but seemed to abandon the concept after a couple of weeks.

Speaking of 2014 BB i'm sure Strategy Dave would have loved a BB USA format lol.

With the Australian TV "week" now seeming to be Sunday to Wednesday the BBUS format of just three episodes a week could work but only if supported by a live feed. Otherwise that Wednesday to Sunday gap, actuially regardless of the format, is just too much to sustain interest.

Wait....... why is it only Sunday to Wednesday in Australia?

The way I see it, it works like ours does:

Thursday: Eviction/HOH Challenge/Task
Sunday: Nominations/Recap/Task
Wednesday: POV/Veto Ceremony/Task Results

Wait....... why is it only Sunday to Wednesday in Australia?

The way I see it, it works like ours does:

Thursday: Eviction/HOH Challenge/Task
Sunday: Nominations/Recap/Task
Wednesday: POV/Veto Ceremony/Task Results

The AFL are shifting to Thursday night broadcast. Going up against any sport in Australia is usually a pretty big deathwish.

The thing I don't like about BBUS is the lack of involvement from the public which is a fundamental aspect of the original format.

Is it Brazil or somewhere that has somewhat of a combination of the US and original format where a HOH nominates and so do the house with the public still in charge voting? I like that idea.

As @Brekkie said, any revised format needs a live streaming component. Skipping a couple of days between television shows is not as big of a problem when there are supplementary viewing methods for holding interest during these periods.

Back