Skip to main content

Six Intruders arrive on Monday

KTOM

Episode 12 - Monday 17 May, 7:30pm
The housemates are about to get the shock of their lives as six incredible intruders prepare to turn the game upside down. Big Brother is hosted by Sonia Kruger.

More intruders than I thought there would be. During promos, I've only counted 5:

Brenton & this guy with the ear piercing
TfqeqDS.jpg

Beadered Guy & Girls next to said guy
Ev6N7jo.jpg

I don't believe the guy next to Marley is Dan - It's hard to tell, but I can see the arm tattoo, so I'm going to assume it's another intruder
3Zib2kc.jpg

A few other tidbits still to come:
Still around until at least episode 12: Ari, Jess, Marley, Christine, SJ, Tilly, Char
cOAhXw2.jpg

Ev6N7jo.jpg

This room/hallway
4D8UbXJ.jpg

I think I remember Sonia said in an interview (think it was on 2dayfm morning crew) that some are in a challenge to get into the house. So maybe not all 6 become housemates.

But if there is another Dan then he'd have to be known as a different name to avoid confusion.

Last year we had Dan and Danni.

The Daniel we currently have has been referred to more as “Danny“ or “Daniel”. I don’t see any harm in calling someone else Dan if they have that name and enter.

The Daniel we currently have has been referred to more as “Danny“ or “Daniel”. I don’t see any harm in calling someone else Dan if they have that name and enter.
Guess we shall see.

Episode 13 - Tuesday 18 May, 7:30pm
The panic room takes two new victims, and two intruders rise to the challenge and join the game for good. Hosted by Sonia Kruger

Episode 14 - Wednesday 19 May, 7:30pm
The housemates are tasked with mission impossible, two housemates get close, and an eviction ceremony shock. Hosted by Sonia Kruger.

Split into a new thread as it's a major development. Blame Seven for the spoiler, not us.

But if there is another Dan then he'd have to be known as a different name to avoid confusion.

I mean, during the original years they avoided using similar names for a few reasons. Aside from the obvious of it just being plain confusing, especially for announcing nomination/evictions etc, the primary reason was more about the legality of the voting lines. It was done to avoid people accidentally voting for the wrong people, particularly when the SMS vote was introduced.

Many housemates went into the house with completely different names because of this.

Not that I think they’ll double up on names again though - reality shows rarely do this because it’s confusing for viewers and for the narrative - but the same reason it wasn’t done in the past just isn’t irrelevant to BBAU anymore.

I mean, during the original years they avoided using similar names for a few reasons. Aside from the obvious of it just being plain confusing, especially for announcing nomination/evictions etc, the primary reason was more about the legality of the voting lines. It was done to avoid people accidentally voting for the wrong people, particularly when the SMS vote was introduced.

Many housemates went into the house with completely different names because of this.

Not that I think they’ll double up on names again though - reality shows rarely do this because it’s confusing for viewers and for the narrative - but the same reason it wasn’t done in the past just isn’t irrelevant to BBAU anymore.

I guess they could double up if Daniel is evicted by then.

Geez that's way more than I was expecting. Happy for Brenton's arrival via the back door though.

Back