Skip to main content

Show your gift

tracer.jpg

Pencils and inks by Vince M Valdiva, colours by me

I saw Vince post the pencilled outline to this one on a facebook entry for Artgerm and asked him if I could have a highres copy... and he sent them to me!

I like doing this kind of very fine-line lineart (but it's a bugger to flat!) as it really allows you to push the colouring skills rather than rely on the lineart for light direction, shadows etc. Plus I've always wanted to colour Tracer from Overwatch. Mainly for her yellow pants and the weathered leather jacket effect which was cool to do. :)

As usual I wasted most of one night just stuffing about with the background and at one stage had all sorts of stars and crap going on in there. Then promptly ditched it for this the very next session...

Reactions: Tee
artoo_leia.jpg

Pencils by J S Campbell
Inks by Jerry Skipper

As there's apparently some sort of scifi movie opening tomorrow that involves these guys in some small way I thought I'd do a Star Wars picture...
(original published coloured by Nei Ruffino)

As I didn't have the overlay inks of Han, Luke and Chewie for R2's projector hologram I went and found this schematic map of the Death Star instead.

Reactions: Tee
chunli_lau2a.jpg

Same pic (obviously) but did some tweaks and edits...[DOUBLEPOST=1483457849][/DOUBLEPOST]
wolvie_samurai.jpg

pencils by paolo pantalena
inks by denis freitas

spidey_greengoblin.jpg

pencils by Robert Doan
inks by Dan Prado
colours by me...

These classic characters are pretty easy to do thanks to the bold block chunks of colour area.. :)

mags_darkchylde2.jpg

pencils by Michael Magallanes
inks by pendecon on deviantart

This picture has been at least 3 years in the making...Maybe 4... I first got the high res pencils from Ashkel and then sat on them for a while. I tried adjusting the levels to make it darker and clearer. Didn't work. I tried using dodge and burn on the B&W's... nope. Finally I flatted the pencils and tried to start to shade it. Just looked meh...

So eventually I posted a journal on deviantart and on Facebook asking if anyone wanted to ink it properly. A whole bunch of people said yes, but to date I've only gotten inks from Slackersquad and Pendecon here. I swapped in Slackerquad's inks and started shading stuff but then Pendecon's came along and I'm truly sorry Slackersquad, but his were just that bit better... so I swapped out the inks layer *again* and continued...

So here it is, done, finished, that's it, enough. I can now put this picture behind me and move on... finally.

cheers
Sean

aphrodite2017.jpg

Pencils and inks by DJ McKinnon, colours by me

Many many years ago (like, over 10 years ago I think) DJ sent me the highres inks to this one , and it promptly got lost in the dark pit that is my 19.8Gb of stashed lineart on my HDD.

So, as I'm waiting to see if Zenescope has any work for me this month, I stumbled across it and decided to colour it up! :)

kit_fisto.jpg

pencils by Eric Basaldua and inks by Tony Kordos with colours by me of course.

Another picture that has spent at least 3 years partially done because I could never decide on what sort of background to have with it. Once that got settled, the rest all fell into place over a single night. :)

Generally my idea is that KF is an aquatic alien so here he is in a lava/volcano/fire pit, which for an aquatic creature must be a very uncomfortable place, so that's why he's looking so pissed off... :p

fathom2017.jpg

pencils by mike turner
inks by mark roslan
colours by me

I got the highres to this one off Mark R when the Aspen guys came down to Perth Australia about 3 years ago, so decided to knock up the colours for it (finally!)

flash1.jpg

flash2.jpg

pencils and inks by Jamie Tyndall, colours by me

Commission piece for comic con posters etc 2017

dr_strange_gibson.jpg

pencils and inks by Gibson Quarter

commission pic - expect to see this as a print on the convention circuit for 2017

punisher_zombies.jpg

pencils by Ace Continuado
inks by Matt James
colours by me

Frank meets up with the Walking Dead.

There are 4 basic types of backgrounds IMO - clouds/sky, splatters, stone, and flames. This one gets flames this time... Mainly because I couldn't think of anything else.

hulk_wolverine.jpg

pencils = Ardian Syaf
inks = Jeff Graham

I've never coloured a pic by Ardian Syaf before now...

mummy.jpg

pencils and inks by Juan Jose Ryp
colours by me

Cover work for Richard Boom - comicsforsinners.com

Back