Skip to main content

Show your gift

mutleyp

Well Endowed Member
Multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
So many creative people in this forum, I am amazed and jealous of your gifts, from art, story writing to video editing and music! I thought might be good for everyone to share in the one place?

I hope I'm not the only one contributing to this thread. I'm excited to see the creativity of other posters. I love seeing people showcase their talents. But I will keep my stories to this thread.

You can encourage by sharing your talents :D

I hope I'm not the only one contributing to this thread. I'm excited to see the creativity of other posters. I love seeing people showcase their talents. But I will keep my stories to this thread.

It's a great idea. Creativity is a wonderful thing.

I look forward to your readi stories.

I'll try and write a poem.

I'm not really talented at all, but in high school I did a lot of arty stuff. This is something a friend and I had to do together for a project for photography..... Basically we had to layer 2 photos together while we were using the... I can't remember what the machine is called... but you get the idea...
photoooo.jpg

You can probably tell that I took a photo of the photo... I have a scanner but cbf trying to figure it out atm... and also somewhere I have a painting that I did as well... I should have a look and take a photo of that.

My Creativity is with Dressmaking, although I haven't created for many years. I made most of my own clothes during my 20 - 30s. I was A Sales Rep, back then and got to go to many places all over NSW and later in Perth. I grabbed many a fancy fabric for a good price, and LOVED to whip up a number, to wear that weekend or a suit for work.

I can crochet, as well. I am currently working on some short cropped Cardies for the in-between seasons and also Hats for Winter.

I also LOVE doing paper mache ......

For @hooleydooley: a positive story.

(A park bench. Daytime. A young man with dark brown hair sits nervously, looking around for someone. Suddenly, a young woman with blonde hair comes up to the park bench)

Tina: Hello, John.

John: Hey, Tina.

(They greet each other, then Tina sits down next to John.)

Tina: Been waiting long?

John: Only a couple of minutes.

Tina: Good.

(Tina reaches into her handbag and pulls out a pair of glasses. She gives them to John.)

John: Thanks.

Tina: Whatever.

John: Are you still mad at for what I did?

Tina: No. Why?

John: I don't know, I guess you sounded a bit angry.

Tina: Well I am a bit mad.

John: I did say I was sorry.

Tina: Yeah, about a million times.

John: So why the attitude?

Tina: Because your apologies were pathetic.

John: No they weren't.

Tina: Yeah, they were.

John: I don't even know what I was meant to have done wrong. One day we were chatting like normal friends, then the next day we had this big argument over something, and then you gave me the cold shoulder.

Tina: It was more to it than that.

John: Really?

Tina: It's just that you don't listen, John. Don't you remember what I said to you the other week in ny kitchen?

John: No, sorry.

Tina: I said to you 'Stop telling everyone I'm going to get the job.'. So what did you do? You then went and continued to tell everyone that I got the job.

John: But you did get the job.....eventually.

Tina: That's not the point. You didn't listen to me when I told you not to say anything.

John: I was only trying to give you some encouragement.

Tina: Well I didn't like it. Firstly, I don't need any encouragement from you. Secondly, it embarrassed me.

John: I didn't know that.

Tina: Well now you do.

John: I wouldn't have said anything if I knew that.

Tina: I shouldn't have to tell you that.

John: I get that. But why do you still have to stay mad at me? Why can't we be friends again?

Tina: Because you said some pretty nasty stuff to me.

John: So did you! But we both said things in the heat of the moment that we didn't mean.

Tina: So when you called me an idiot?

John: Didn't mean it.

Tina: Good. Well I guess I didn't mean it when I called you a pathetic waste of space.

John: I know. I hate fighting with you, Tina. I missed you so much over the past week.

Tina: I don't care.

John: Yeahh you do, otherwise you wouldn't have come.

Tina: I only came to give you back your glasses.

John: You could have just asked one of your friends to do it.

Tina: I don't have any friends.

John: I'm your friend.

Tina: Well you're not my friend.

John: I know that. It tears me up inside to think of the way we ended our friendship.

Tina: It didn't make me feel good.

John: Do you think we will ever be friends again?

Tina: Who knows?

John: I would really like us to be friends again.

Tina: I don't know...

John: What's the matter? Didn't you like being friends with me?

Tina: Well we both said some pretty nasty stuff to each other...

John: Water under the bridge!

Tina: It still hurt me.

John: It hurt me too, Tina. But a couple of days later I thought to myself: 'I care too much about Tina to let a silly argument permantly break any possible chance of becoming friends with her again.'

Tina: That's sweet. Look, I have to go. I'm late for work.

John: Oh, ok. Will we meet again?

Tina: I'll think about it. Bye.

John: Bye.

(Tina gets up and leaves. John stares out into the distance, wondering if it will all work out.)

I will post some of my photos. This is one I took with my kindle camera which is difficult because it only has a front facing camera.IMG_20141128_111413.jpg

I'm learning photography and that isn't one of my best. I just wanted to participate .

That was from a snow storm at Thanksgiving, which was months before we got the serious snow pack we have now.

I do digital scrapbook designing and sometimes when I am trying to do wordart for it I come up with a poem
like this one
Whispers of africa original poem by L Van Zyl.png[DOUBLEPOST=1425976058][/DOUBLEPOST]
I will post some of my photos. This is one I took with my kindle camera which is difficult because it only has a front facing camera.View attachment 48502

I'm learning photography and that isn't one of my best. I just wanted to participate .

That was from a snow storm at Thanksgiving, which was months before we got the serious snow pack we have now.
love it,I wish I lived where you could see snow I love to turn photographs into papers for scrapbooking

This is one of my Paper Mache Creations ........

66354_10150110553205550_2584571_n.jpg

Back