Skip to main content

Secret Story France 2024

I know continental Europe runs programmes late into the evening but 11.30pm is a late start for the premiere, especially as there after the daily shows air at 4.30pm.

I know continental Europe runs programmes late into the evening but 11.30pm is a late start for the premiere, especially as there after the daily shows air at 4.30pm.
It's a strange programming choice indeed, but now TF1 relies on streaming replay for ratings with its various shows.
Daily episodes take place at 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and at 5.15pm on Saturdays.

Well, here's the brand new 2024 edition of the House of Secrets just for you!
This year's decor is pure, colourful and warm. You can really feel the inspiration from Big Brother UK in this house.
Here are a few photos of the House of Secrets.

Sans titre-1-compressed.jpg

Personally, I find this house pretty and pleasant to live in. However, it looks really small to me, especially inside, even though we were told it would be the biggest house built for the show. I think that not everything was shown to us... to be continued.

A brief summary of the launch of Secret Story 2024, including the positives and negatives and my personal opinion as a fan.

plateau.png
Exterior stage next to the house with the garden.

This launch marks a major turning point in the programme's franchise. Everything has been done to surprise the participants and viewers of the show, and we like that.
Last night, the new House of Secrets opened its doors to 15 housemates, all of whom have a secret they have to hide from the others. But above all, it opened its doors to a brand new voice, which - despite the stress - was able to make itself heard.
The house, which is supposed to be the largest ever built for the program, is modern, welcoming and warm. Housemates and spectators alike feel good there and the production team has pulled out all the stops to provide us with a launch worthy of the name. Between the candidates; the secrets and the twists and turns, life within the house of secrets has well and truly begun.

The positive points :
  • A new voice - this is the very first time in 12 seasons that a new voice takes control of the game, this brings freshness and novelty even if the emblematic voice of secret story remains in our hearts.
  • A colorful and modern house of secrets. The house is really pretty although it seems small on the screen, the sober decoration brings to mind the air of BBUK 2023 and Squid Game for the games room. The house is structured differently than before but it works. I wonder if there are any secret rooms like in the past.
  • Secret trapdoors are hidden throughout the house.
  • The red telephone is also making a comeback in the game and will disrupt the daily lives of participants in a few weeks.
  • The candidates are strategists and players, they are motivated to go as far as possible in the game.
  • The new exterior stage is pretty and looks good on the screen.
  • The first twist that surprised everyone.

The negative points :
  • Disappointing secrets and too simple. It only took 30 minutes for viewers to figure out who owns which secret. Some secrets are cool but nothing more. Mechanical secrets aren't as useful as they were in the past.
  • The casting - which is playful and strategist - remains disappointing overall. Endemol and TF1 had promised that the casting would reflect French society and that it would be made up of simple people and not Instagrammers or TikTokers. In reality, all of the candidates are micro influencers with thousands of followers each... plus some already know each other and therefore their secret too.
  • A late launch - 11:30 p.m. is not a time to launch a show like Secret Story.

Overall I quite enjoyed this launch. After 7 years of stopping I found the same passion as when I was a teenager and I watched the show. More positives than negatives, the public is on fire on social networks and many theories are emerging about the program. TF1 and Endemol really succeeded in creating excitement for the return of Secret Story.
I can't wait to watch the sequel and follow the adventures of the inhabitants of the house of secrets for 8 weeks.

I will keep this discussion thread going throughout the season. Would you like me to remind you of the list of secrets as well as the candidates and what happens in the house every day?

Saddens me to think that back in the early season I regularly kept up with it through the official website with videos and news until they began geoblocking clips in later seasons, which continues to this day.

What are their socials this year - might be the best way for those of us with a passing interest (but not interested enough to get a VPN) to keep an eye on it. Would like to see the house tour at least.

Saddens me to think that back in the early season I regularly kept up with it through the official website with videos and news until they began geoblocking clips in later seasons, which continues to this day.

What are their socials this year - might be the best way for those of us with a passing interest (but not interested enough to get a VPN) to keep an eye on it. Would like to see the house tour at least.
Their social networks this year are:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/secretstory_tf1/
- Twitter / X: https://twitter.com/Secret_Story_FR
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/p/Secret-Story-100083383836963/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SecretStoryOfficiel/featured

I'm going to try and find a way of getting the tour of the house and the opening credits, which we'll find out about in half an hour.

I still haven't find a way to watch it yet :( I succeeded a little with Hola (free) but I was cut off, I am so frustrated, I was so happy when I started watching it, even with the female Voice. The music, C Beaugrand, I was in heaven and now :(
I won't give up. I might have to take a trip to France, lol.

I bought a VPN (sigh) I didn't see they amount was in US $
I don't even know how to use it properly but I was able to watch one episode.
Mr La Voix m'a bien eu. I am so happy he hadn't gone, it wouldn't have been the same without him, and the way the public reacted you can see how much he is loved 😍

Here's a quick rundown of the contestants and the secrets of this new season:
  • Alexis, 21 from London (UK).
  • Bruno, 36 from Le Plessis-Bouchard.
  • Cameron, 23 from Paris.
  • Cassandra, 19 from Marseille.
  • Charlène, 26 from Cannes.
  • Francesca, 28 from Verona (Italy).
  • Justine, 26 from Besançon.
  • Kelyan, 36 from Gagny.
  • Léo, 22 from Toulouse.
  • Lou, 21 from Marseille.
  • Maxence, 29 from Madrid (Spain).
  • Maxime, 23 from Waterloo (Belgium).
  • Perrine, 22 from Madrid (Spain).
  • Ulysse, 18 from Levallois-Perret (France).
  • Zoé, 24 from Namur (Belgium).
1714330148832.png

The list of secrets :
  • I'm an athlete at the next Olympic Games (Bruno - secret revealed when he was eliminated on 26 April 2024 but not discovered by the housemates).
  • I'm an international magic champion.
  • We're a couple (Charlène and Francesca - secret discovered by Lou on 26 April 2024).
  • The public discovered me in season 1 of Secret Story.
  • I'm the French voice of Harry Potter (Kelyan - secret revealed at the launch but not discovered by the rest of the housemates).
  • We are the thieves of the house (Perrine and Maxence - mechanical secret assigned by La Voix and not discovered by the rest of the housemates).
  • I am the creator of ‘Quoicoubeh’.
  • I was abandoned in a train station at the age of 4.
  • We're not twins (Lou and Léo - mechanical secret assigned by La Voix and not discovered by the rest of the housemates).
  • I entered the house on the second day (Justine - mechanical secret assigned by La Voix and not discovered by the rest of the housemates).
  • I'm the French Latin dance champion.
  • I took part in Miss Universe.

So did it start with people split across two houses?
Since the launch, the fifteen participants have been in the part of the house known as the ‘fake house’.
Zoé and Maxence - after winning the first game in the game area - discovered the truth (that La Voix never left and that they live in the fake house - at the same time they learn the common secret of the housemates which is: ‘we are the inhabitants of the fake house’).
The other contestants had several days to try and discover the common secret, Lou and Léo managed to find it and were told the truth. Zoé, Maxence, Lou and Léo had to decide together which housemates they wanted to eliminate from the game - together they chose Bruno, who left the house on 26 April.

Back