Skip to main content

Secret Story France 2024

There are actually a couple of countries that have done similar things, albeit none to the extent that you've described for France. Germany was the first one to (partially) turn off the cameras.. a couple of weeks into the first season, they've introduced the camera-free hour in the bedrooms in response to criticism about them having no privacy at all. Later on, instead of switching off the cameras in the bedroom, they've introduced a separate bedroom and you had to request access to that room. They haven't done it for Celebrity Big Brother though and don't do it for the current civilian season.

I think housemates in Spain are also able to request some time without cameras but it was at Big Brother's discretion if they were granted that time. I think it was rather done to encourage couples to do it and thus deepen the relationship, not so much for single people having some privacy.

I can't wait for SS to start and I hope it is not going to change too much. I loved SS because of the lack of editing. If it becomes like BB AU I would be so disappointed. SS has to be for adults IMO. I don't mean nudity etc... but adults conversations etc...

I can't wait for SS to start and I hope it is not going to change too much. I loved SS because of the lack of editing. If it becomes like BB AU I would be so disappointed. SS has to be for adults IMO. I don't mean nudity etc... but adults conversations etc...
I'm of the same opinion, Secret Story has always highlighted societal issues on screen, where other programs didn't get involved. I hope we'll find that open-minded vibe again.

I can't wait to watch Secret Story tomorrow night !
It's so weird to think that the program is going to start again. The hype is heightened by the fact that there have been no leaks about the show, so everything will be revealed tomorrow night at the launch.
I can't wait to see the brand new House of Secrets, to discover the sixteen candidates and their secrets (even if I only know their code names).
The communication and promotion around the show is gigantic, it's the first time they've done a more immersive and large-scale digital communication.
I hope I won't be disappointed tomorrow night.

I hope it won't be too hard for me to find a way to watch here. Every year I succeed but I am still worried. I love SS so so so much

Yesterday an announcement shocked all Secret Story fans... the show's iconic "voice" has decided not to continue his role for this new season.

Since the beginning of the program's advertising promotion for this new season, the slogan has been: "The Voice is back and it hasn't changed". But in reality, everything is different.
In a video posted on the show's various social networks, the emblematic male voice of the show, which has been running since 2007, explains that he will not be returning to his role as game master for this new season. And that he could no longer keep it a secret 24 hours before the launch.

Dominique Duforest (The Voice of Secret Story) explains that first of all, the show was off the air for 7 years, during which time he had a completely different life. He justifies the teasing of the new season by the fact that for him, it was a way of saying goodbye to the public and the show's fans. That he couldn't leave without saying thank you to the public who supported him, loved him and made him someone who played an important role in the French TV world. He didn't want to leave the show through the back door, it was really important to him.
He also gives his opinion on the new voice (which we'll discover tonight, but we know it's a woman) and argues that we're going to be surprised, and that both the candidates and the public are in good hands with this new voice.

I've had the opportunity to listen to this new voice and it's really weirding me out. I hope that this new voice will be able to assert itself as the master of the game, that it will have a playful, arbitrary voice, but at the same time will be there to comfort the housemates, as Dominique Duforest did for eleven seasons. I can't wait to see how this will play out on screen and in the game.

In any case, what we can really say is that this new season of Secret Story marks a real turning point in the history of the show, as everything has changed (almost). I hope this revival and reformatting of the concept will please and work, because this program was part of my childhood and adolescence.

And a woman for The Voice, it is too much. Nothing against woman, lol I am one, but The Voice was so lovable. I will have to adjust I guess.

And a woman for The Voice, it is too much. Nothing against woman, lol I am one, but The Voice was so lovable. I will have to adjust I guess.
It's going to be really weird hearing "Ici la Voix" in a female voice. We'll have to adapt, as you say, but on the other hand, Monsieur la Voix is already 73 years old, and 2 months as "The Voice" may have become too tiring for him. He needs to be constantly present in the game. I hope with all my heart that this new voice will make itself heard and be just as endearing as the old one.

Oh a la fin de quand il parle sur X, je crois qu'il est emu. Il me manque déjà. En 2015 pour le dernier SS j’étais en France et c'est la que je l'ai vu pour la premiere fois, j’étais surprise de son age.

Changing The Voice is one thing - time and people move on - but needlessly lying about it in the promotion of the series is quite another. Starts the revival off on the backfoot and makes it clear they're quite happy to lie to viewers.

The excuse doesn't wash too - they could have still said goodbye to the outgoing voice in the promotion by bringing in the new voice alongside them and making the promos be about the transfer from old to new.

Changing The Voice is one thing - time and people move on - but needlessly lying about it in the promotion of the series is quite another. Starts the revival off on the backfoot and makes it clear they're quite happy to lie to viewers.

The excuse doesn't wash too - they could have still said goodbye to the outgoing voice in the promotion by bringing in the new voice alongside them and making the promos be about the transfer from old to new.
I've just heard the host of the show on the radio, and he's just said that he only learned on Friday that the voice was going to change. And just a few hours before the launch, he still hasn't met the new voice. I think it was really a last-minute decision to change the voice. I think Dominique Duforest, because of his age, pulled out of the show at the last minute, because he looks really tired.

The Voice is such a big part of SS. We loved The Voice for 17 years it is really hard to adjust.
BB AU I had no problem, I was never attached to any of the voice

Back