Skip to main content

Saturday Showdown - 3 August 2013

Only if they were allowed to say "WHO WANTS TO SEE MY PRESIDENTIAL SUITE?"

Woulda been nice to see Bree but glad she obviously had the decency and good taste to refuse the "opportunity".

Anyhoo, back to season 2 of "Falling Skies"

BB is near to all but dead to me and I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed if CH9 drops it mid season and sends everybody home.

Let's face it, we're never going to get the "good old days" back again and the contrived and crafted insult that is the current season and was the prior season only serve to show that there is virtually nothing worthwhile left of the original concept.

Kinda sad really.

Oh well, there's always cats playing piano on youtube ...

regarDS

Anyone else having trouble watching the show on the nine site??

It says it's uploaded, but the "video stream is currently unavailable".

Just me?

EDIT: Crisis resolved

Last edited:
Woulda been nice to see Bree but glad she obviously had the decency and good taste to refuse the "opportunity".

Anyhoo, back to season 2 of "Falling Skies"

BB is near to all but dead to me and I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed if CH9 drops it mid season and sends everybody home.

Let's face it, we're never going to get the "good old days" back again and the contrived and crafted insult that is the current season and was the prior season only serve to show that there is virtually nothing worthwhile left of the original concept.

Kinda sad really.

Oh well, there's always cats playing piano on youtube ...

regarDS

Yes, it is so sad. I wan't BB to finish the season, but I don't care if it is the last one. It is not a reality show anymore

carousel_presidential_slideshow.jpg

Am I the only person who had completely forgotten about the weekly "nomination superpower"? Considering I've not seen it mentioned here at all in all the build up I guess not.

Anyhow, awful awful awful show. Poor games, same old reward and same old strong male bogan winning. Really no need for the ninjas either - other than perhaps putting the girls in the harnesses for the opening game everything else (on screen) they did could have been done by eliminated housemates.

And come back Fitzy - all is forgiven. Michael even more annoying as a host than he was as a commentator, and what is the point of Shelly Craft. As well as it being absolutely clear the games are not live it's also 100% clear that Shelly's part was recorded separately from the rest.

P.S. Surely if it's an individual comp one of the prizes should be a guaranteed place on the safe side.

I'm wondering what the superpower is, and if it will have the same old problem of physically strong males being given an advantage in the game. The spelling challenge and the building challenge were fine tonight, but they still had a physical challenge as well.

Also, it's a shame there's no live component to the show, that was the one thing I was looking forward to with FNL being brought back.

There's still life left in the original concept, it's just that this isn't it, or even close to it.

Awwwww, true love!

Am I the only person who had completely forgotten about the weekly "nomination superpower"? Considering I've not seen it mentioned here at all in all the build up I guess not.

Anyhow, awful awful awful show. Poor games, same old reward and same old strong male bogan winning. Really no need for the ninjas either - other than perhaps putting the girls in the harnesses for the opening game everything else (on screen) they did could have been done by eliminated housemates.

And come back Fitzy - all is forgiven. Michael even more annoying as a host than he was as a commentator, and what is the point of Shelly Craft. As well as it being absolutely clear the games are not live it's also 100% clear that Shelly's part was recorded separately from the rest.

P.S. Surely if it's an individual comp one of the prizes should be a guaranteed place on the safe side.

Well said! I liked Fitzy on FNL!

Just watched ten minutes of the uploaded Show then, I hate being negative but 9 continue to keep on ruining Big Brother.
1) why's Shelly Craft in another studio in another state?, Just like the Block why is she even there? If they want her on the show fly her up to the Gold Coast for a day and have her on the panel with the other two guys.
2) Why have they spent more on the prizes then on the set design and props. Instead of giving 5K prize money to the HM's, buy some bloody costumes, get some better props. It looks like more money was spent on building that Presidential Suite set then was spent on the actual games.
3) Dido with what everyone has said, it's not Live, no atmosphere, hosts just going through the scripted motions, no live audience, it just looked cheap (because it was)
The ratings wont be good, it'll be interesting to see if they keep the show as a stand alone or just cancel it altogether but keep the games for the Nom points twist and just update us of what happened on Mondays daily show.

Just watched ten minutes of the uploaded Show then, I hate being negative but 9 continue to keep on ruining Big Brother.
1) why's Shelly Craft in another studio in another state?, Just like the Block why is she even there? If they want her on the show fly her up to the Gold Coast for a day and have her on the panel with the other two guys.
2) Why have they spent more on the prizes then on the set design and props. Instead of giving 5K prize money to the HM's, buy some bloody costumes, get some better props. It looks like more money was spent on building that Presidential Suite set then was spent on the actual games.
3) Dido with what everyone has said, it's not Live, no atmosphere, hosts just going through the scripted motions, no live audience, it just looked cheap (because it was)
The ratings wont be good, it'll be interesting to see if they keep it the show as a stand alone or just cancel it altogether but keep the games for the Nom points twist and just update us of what happened on Mondays daily show.

It's only running for another 3 more weeks anyway so I'm sure they will stick it out.

If it was LIVE it would give the show a better element.....possibility for things to go wrong and make it entertaining to the viewer....hell it is not like someone is going to be turkey slapped during the live broadcast FFS

They would be better off with a 60 minute episode here to be perfectly honest, because without a Sunday show, they are having to squeeze Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays into the eviction show on Monday now. With so little content, and zero live content, we might as well be watching a cast of improv actors acting out specific storylines.

If they want games and do not want to run it live, the outcome of the Saturday showdown can be incorporated into an extended highlights show. There is no reason to have Michael on your payroll, because the hosts are superfluous here - there really is no need for any of them at all if it's not going to be live. Part of the fun of FNL - as stupid as it was and as glad as I was to see it go, was watching the games unfold live and watching the three hosts interact live. They have all the time in the world on Saturday nights, so if Saturday Showdown is going to be like this, then it might as well not exist.

I assumed the show was to decide who lives on the rich side of the house, and who lives on the poor, hence the 4 week running time. All this show decides is on who gets the rewards room and the nominations superpower. It's clear now that the "four week" thing is an experiment in the ratings. If it rates well, they might extend that. If it rates bad, they will scrap it after four weeks. I hope it tanks.

Last edited:
No apologising but...I am going to HATE on Michael

)NB Kyle Sandilands has got EXTREMELY FAT)

his beard has also got greyer, his bank account larger, his girlfriend younger, he has teeth, eyes, a nose, clothes, a job, skin, fingers, a watch, a credit card...whats your point?

Awful in every aspect, except perhaps the fact that there were "brain games" included. I appreciate the fact that they're trying to combat one of the issues and criticisms of FNL, but they just destroyed every positive thing about the concept, so it doesn't even matter.

I quite liked it. Happy ending. They deserve a good night's sleep and a hot bath and a few drinks. Hope they do get a lamb roast two.

Jeez, i hope there wasnt a happy ending!

Haha I didn't mind Showdown tonight. Shelley Craft certainly has the gift of the gab when it comes to laughing at scripted jokes. The banter between both Mike's on their mics wasn't too bad. Some games were lame, but they were back on Channel Ten too.

I reckon it fits in pretty well to the 6.30pm Saturday timeslot - should be good viewing for the lovers of Funniest Home Videos.

I wonder how it will rate though... $5000 for the winner took me by surprise..

The banter was shite. sounded like a couple of fourth graders!
And the $5k prize? Why were they almost orgasmic over it!?

Only if they were allowed to say "WHO WANTS TO SEE MY PRESIDENTIAL SUITE?"

I think that would of driven me boonta! Ive always wanted to see those US houseguests say " Nah, cant be frakked "

Anyway...Bring back Fitzy... I thought Nova had some kind of promotion thing going with this show.
I think bring in Michael was a mistake.

Why do they fly him all the way from Adelaide, pay him a wage, put him up in hotel.. all for that???? Jeez, money waste. They could use that coin for a prize increase

If they have to have a radio host on the show and wont get fitzy in...then Merrick Watts would be funny.
Actually Merrick watts rules the world.

Back