Skip to main content

Ryan vs Tim as 'The Best Big Brother Winner' - Audio

When it comes down to Ryan and Tim, I'm sorry but even Tims VOICE and logic can't be beaten!!

Tim is 100% different to Ryan and in a season if BOTH were together I'd still be 100% supporting Tim :D because he's the ultimate BB player and you just can't beat him.

He was born to be on BB but Ryan just won because he didn't have to fake who he was and he didn't have to act stupid or trashy for the cameras.

But this was a stupid debate anyways... Tim is probably the best Big Brother Australia winner so why bother even comparing the two lol

Never wanted a Ryan win, hes bland. Easily forgotten, but he got the $$$ and hes not looking back.
Id rather Skye or Travis won. At least i can remember things they did in the house. Apart from frozen chook and bad hats, Ryans got nothing

A season full of fans would make it so much better. If you look at some of the bigger characters on the show since it moved to Channel 9 they also happened to be big fans of the show. Ben2012, Michael2012, Estelle2012, Tahan2013, Tully2013, Tim2013. Love them or hate them they were all big characters and added to the show and I don't think it is a coincidence that they are all big BB fans.

You look at a show like survivor which had a 4-6 season period where they recruited contestants from modelling agencies and other TV shows kind of like BB did this year with Ryan and the seasons were complete and utter rubbish. As a result of declining ratings they decided to cast Season 28 full of massive survivor fans and it ended up being one of the best seasons of all time.

If the show does return Alex M and Co should cast everyday Australians who are big fans of the show and care about the show and I can guarantee that they will make a far more interesting and entertaining show then a group of recruits from modelling agencies would. If they did this they would end up with an entertaining, authentic and most importantly a unique series with unique characters.
I don't think tully was a big character At all Last year she didn't even make the top 10. And all she did was cry the whole time she was in the house. Also she didn't really bring anything to the show

Last edited:
Ryan said he was just himself, implying he didn't have to lift a finger to win. Tim treated it as a job for 3 months. Pretty clear who's wielding a silver spoon and not at all graciously. Tim on the other hand generally shows a lot of gratitude and appreciation. Now wish Skye or Travis had been sitting in the interview.

I don't think tully was a big character At all Last year she didn't even make the top 10. And all she did was cry the whole time she was in the house. Also she didn't really bring anything to the show
How was she not a big character? The whole Drully drama was the biggest storyline of the year, she trended on twitter world-wide several times and she entered the house for a task after her eviction because the producers knew she was a big character and helped with the ratings. There is also the fact that she has more twitter followers then any other Channel 9 housemate. Tully is the definition of a "big character".

It's kinda sad when the show means more to the viewers at home than the actual participants. It would be great to see a season of 100% true Big Brother aficionados in the house aiming for the prize.
That is the casting problem. Instead of hiring real people who are there to win and understand BB , you get boring pretty people there for a tan

How was she not a big character? The whole Drully drama was the biggest storyline of the year, she trended on twitter world-wide several times and she entered the house for a task after her eviction because the producers knew she was a 9,big character and helped with the ratings. There is also the fact that she has more twitter followers then any other Channel 9 housemate. Tully is the definition of a "big character".
Very big character while in the house for her limited stay. But she wouldn't have that same impact again because unless she entered with a girlfriend and then again proceeded to cheat on her with a guy who then broke up 2 months later... Tully really did nothing of any worth in the annals of BB lore.

She was overtly emotional, complained constantly, tried to stage a coup on the eventual winner which not only failed but saw that whole group be evicted... she wasn't a great HM. From a Channel 9 "The Block on every 2 months" standpoint she was but she wasn't as a BB contestant. Her 'schtick' was her cheating. Take a closer look at her followers and see how real they are. Let alone those who follow her solely to bag her.

Very big character while in the house for her limited stay. But she wouldn't have that same impact again because unless she entered with a girlfriend and then again proceeded to cheat on her with a guy who then broke up 2 months later... Tully really did nothing of any worth in the annals of BB lore.

She was overtly emotional, complained constantly, tried to stage a coup on the eventual winner which not only failed but saw that whole group be evicted... she wasn't a great HM. From a Channel 9 "The Block on every 2 months" standpoint she was but she wasn't as a BB contestant. Her 'schtick' was her cheating. Take a closer look at her followers and see how real they are. Let alone those who follow her solely to bag her.
Don't misinterpret me as a big fan because I am anything but. The only point I am making is that to say she was not a big character in 2013 is simply not true.

Don't misinterpret me as a big fan because I am anything but. The only point I am making is that to say she was not a big character in 2013 is simply not true.
Oh I didn't think you were a big Tully fan. I just disagree that she was a big character of that season. Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla and even Ben to me were big characters. When I think back to that season I can think of several 'moments' with each of them that either made me laugh, made me tear up, shocked me or a combo of any of the above. And then there were several people after that who did the same for me albeit to a lesser extent. Tully had a big storyline because of the cheating thing but before that happened she was nothing more to me than the whingy moper who didn't add much to my overall '13 viewing experience. Take her out of the equation entirely and I wouldn't miss her. That being said in the past say six to eight months or so she's settled down somewhat and I've come to not only tolerate her but quite like her.

Remember how Tim knew someone at channel 9 (cousin or something) and he denied it? Well Ryan knows someone from there too, was hanging out with her and his sister today at Bondi. Makes you think doesn't it..?

How was she not a big character? The whole Drully drama was the biggest storyline of the year, she trended on twitter world-wide several times and she entered the house for a task after her eviction because the producers knew she was a big character and helped with the ratings. There is also the fact that she has more twitter followers then any other Channel 9 housemate. Tully is the definition of a "big character".
when I look back at 2013 bb and think about who were big characters I don't think of Tully i think of tim tahan Ben drew and even ed and boog and mikayla as bigger characters then tully. Just because she was cheating on her girlfriend doesn't make her a big character in my opinion. And her going in the house again wasn't anything special to me. Also she only has the most follows out of all the hms because she already had probably 30k to 40k before she went on the show. Where were all those followers when she needed them to save her from getting evicted? Without the drully story line what did she bring to the show? nothing! Big characters don't need cheating story lines to be big characters. Big characters are people that don't need some scandal to be a big character

Oh I didn't think you were a big Tully fan. I just disagree that she was a big character of that season. Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla and even Ben to me were big characters. When I think back to that season I can think of several 'moments' with each of them that either made me laugh, made me tear up, shocked me or a combo of any of the above. And then there were several people after that who did the same for me albeit to a lesser extent. Tully had a big storyline because of the cheating thing but before that happened she was nothing more to me than the whingy moper who didn't add much to my overall '13 viewing experience. Take her out of the equation entirely and I wouldn't miss her. That being said in the past say six to eight months or so she's settled down somewhat and I've come to not only tolerate her but quite like her.
Fair enough. I agree that Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla, and Ben were big characters. I just think Tully is one as well. I think the fact that we are debating this over a year after her series finished proves that she was a big character as opposed to the lesser characters such as Sharon, Rohan, Caleb, Matt, Sugar Sisters, and Maddy ect. that we have forgotten about.

An interesting distinction to draw regarding Tully as a big character. Agree there wasn't a lot of entertainment from her as a 'character', but she delivered lot of drama and presence in the house. Difficult to put a finger on it. Maybe Tully emotionally feeds off the external environment around her greatly to create drama and attention, while the others like Tim, Tahan etc delivered a lot more coming from within. Maybe authenticity, richness and colour of inner self = big character. Suspect security within self versus insecurity plays a role too.

Does the time a person lasts in the show indicate the better BB characters? Who was the bigger 2013 character - Jade or Tully? The two off season threads from 2013 was the housemate antics, originally started to follow the couples, and then grew, and the Jade Appreciation thread. So arguably you could say they both held enough interest in fans to keep following up, yet Jade has not rated a mention in the posts above when listing 2013 big characters.

Fair enough. I agree that Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla, and Ben were big characters. I just think Tully is one as well. I think the fact that we are debating this over a year after her series finished proves that she was a big character as opposed to the lesser characters such as Sharon, Rohan, Caleb, Matt, Sugar Sisters, and Maddy ect. that we have forgotten about.
I agree she was a bigger character then the people you listed. But the sugar sisters did last a week more then her though but that was only because the public voted for them to get Tully out. Then they were gone after that. Which makes me think about why should Tully should be classified as a big character. As the voters made a plan to get her out. my personal opinion is the show got a lot better after she left. also Without twitter I probably wouldn't remember her

Does the time a person lasts in the show indicate the better BB characters? Who was the bigger 2013 character - Jade or Tully? The two off season threads from 2013 was the housemate antics, originally started to follow the couples, and then grew, and the Jade Appreciation thread. So arguably you could say they both held enough interest in fans to keep following up, yet Jade has not rated a mention in the posts above when listing 2013 big characters.
I think that jade was a bigger character then Tully since she lasted a lot longer and did come 2nd. Which Tully didn't even get close to. Jade was good when she found out about ed lying

That was really funny and both seemed to enjoy it.

It is consistent though. From the start he thought he was above it all and better than everyone and everything. Now even after some how winning it. He still thinks he is better than the show and really is insulting all of us who watching the show. Geeezz... what a 'genuinely nice guy'......
Actually, that does make him a genuine guy because he says what he thinks. And i can´t see him being above everyone he only said he didn´t like BB that much before he was in it (but he obviously likes it now), what is bad about that? He didn´t say BB viewers are idiots. He doesn´t have to love the show as much as we do he is allowed to have a different taste. And btw i always thought Tim is the one you thinks he is above everyone.

Reactions: Bae
Back