Skip to main content

RUMOUR : Davina to host bbusa next year.

Who do you want to host bbusa?

• Julie Chen

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Davina McCall

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

James T

Your eviction prediction priestess™
Julie Chen move over - Davina's funhouse is back!
So it is rumoured, davina may do a better job than the CHENBOT!:cool::cool::cool:

----------------------------brilliannnnntttt!!!!----------------------------------

But Julie Chen is the wife of CBS President & CEO Leslie Moonves.

And Davina wouldn't do it - now she's got her summers back she's keeping them strictly off limits.

But Julie Chen is the wife of CBS President & CEO Leslie Moonves.

And Davina wouldn't do it - now she's got her summers back she's keeping them strictly off limits.

Quoted for truth... The only way CBS would even consider a new host is if The Chenbot decided she no longer wanted to or could not host the show herself... Besides Davina has been very public about having moved on from BB and that being said BBUS would never suit her and is very different from the show she fell in love with in the UK. I'm not even sure US audiences would really understand her style, she's also said that she doesn't even watch the UK version anymore...

Where did you hear this rumor? A google search brings up absolutely nothing... None of the major fansites are reporting anything...

By "heard" I think he means "made up".

BTW Kingston any news on who might host the Canadian version - not that I'll have heard of them, unless they choose bloody Rachel or something. My hopes sank a little bit more today to see their Twitter feed plugging a Q&A session with Boogie.

No word yet... Actually the rumor mill is quite quiet considering the show is to air in a little over 4 months... My best guess is that it will be someone from ET Canada... Most likely Cheryl Hickey... ET is Global's flagship entertainment news show so I have a feeling they are going to want to solidify a link between the two sort of like Julie and The Talk.

Like I said before BBC and BBUS will be very closely connected... The questions we were asked during the open call were very US game driven... I can't vouch for the 2nd callback but the overall feel of the show will have very few deviations from the US version. I'm not certain what CANCON regulations cover but I'm certain there will be more than a few key crew positions that overlap. PA's will likely be Canadian's who will be supervised by a handful of people from AG's crew.

I NEVER visit Jokers but in researching the OP I made a quick visit... Rumor has it they've asked Will Kirby (DR. Will) to be a part of the show but he has said they would need to offer him more money...

Last edited:
Here's a few clips of Cheryl... I'd have to say she'd be a fairly good choice...

Candid interview:

[YOUTUBEVID]QT_fHguuqsg[/YOUTUBEVID]

Acutally hosting:

[YOUTUBEVID]Io_Qva5dwuo[/YOUTUBEVID]

[YOUTUBEVID]wCpSyJvFUCg[/YOUTUBEVID]

Last edited:
Hmmm... Is this a subtle way of saying that Julie's reign as host is coming to an end? I'll be happy either way, though I will miss the rare chance of Dan (if he were to return to the house yet again) calling her Mrs Chen for the zillionth time. :p

Hmmm... Is this a subtle way of saying that Julie's reign as host is coming to an end? I'll be happy either way, though I will miss the rare chance of Dan (if he were to return to the house yet again) calling her Mrs Chen for the zillionth time. :p

In no way is this true... Julie is still and always will be a part of BBUS... It's very likely that the moment she no longer wishes to do the show is the moment it's cancelled by CBS...

"RockChick" I suggest you read the entire thread before you start assuming every joe moron on this forum knows what he's talking about...

BTW this poll is completely ridiculous! Davina is totally not suited to a format like BBUS and there is absolutely no fucking way Allison Grodner or CBS would change it to suit her... The Chenbot may not be perfect but I couldn't imagine the show without her...

If anything, she might do BB Canada in February. Seems more likely than replacing the network-president's wife on BBUS

If anything, she might do BB Canada in February. Seems more likely than replacing the network-president's wife on BBUS

Doubtful... Julie is based in LA and there is no way she'd be making the journey to Toronto at least once a week to host the show... As for the possibility of Davina hosting BB Canada even that is extremely unlikely... Outside of a relatively small group of avid BB fans she's virtually unknown and with what is likely a smaller budget than the US version they'd be throwing money out of the window importing an overseas host when there are people here who can fill that role.

The rumor in the OP is completely made up by someone who is obviously desperately starved for attention... There's really no need to continue discussing it... Davina will not be hosting Big Brother Canada or the American version and that is a bona fide FACT. Juile Chen has and always will be the sole host of the American Big Brother series... Yet another bona fide FACT!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back