Rumour: Big Brother Back This Summer on Nine

Brekkie

Staff member
Agree would much rather see it back on Ten but maybe out of season without having to schedule around the NRL could be beneficial, but long term it would be a better fit on Ten who no longer have sporting commitments to worry about, but I suspect it would run Jan-Mar rather than Nov-Jan, with I'm a Celeb axed.

oddjob

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
I’m more excited about the Australian version of Pointless.

I dunno, but it’s beginning to look like the CBS purchase of ten isn’t gonna make much difference to things.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Proof? Wheres it being filmed? Surely by now they'd be crafting some kind of house, unless its gonna be in a studio like BBUS/CAN
If they are building a new house the trend worldwide has been to use studio spaces rather than build from scratch...

Honestly I don’t see any truth to this rumour... There’s a very good reason that Australia hasn’t switched to a year round ratings system like the rest of the world has...

Fiona

I’m more excited about the Australian version of Pointless.

I dunno, but it’s beginning to look like the CBS purchase of ten isn’t gonna make much difference to things.
Ooh, an Australian version of Pointless. A good show. Undecided as to how it would go here though. Better than Think Tank, and I got the impossible question correct last night.

If they are building a new house the trend worldwide has been to use studio spaces rather than build from scratch...

Honestly I don’t see any truth to this rumour... There’s a very good reason that Australia hasn’t switched to a year round ratings system like the rest of the world has...
What do you think is better? A whole house or a studio?

Kingston

Canadian Royality
What do you think is better? A whole house or a studio?
Personally if I were in charge I’d likely build from scratch as I have a very specific idea of what I want my house to look like... But as a viewer I don’t think it really matters... Obviously it’s much easier and more economical to use an existing space than it would be to build something new...

Brekkie

Staff member
I might be wrong but was the BB Aus house built from scratch or was it a converted warehouse or something. It certainly seemed to be built as a four waller studio which was quite easy to remodel from year to year, especially in comparison to other early BB houses which were often a number of portakabins linked together.

timmydownawell

100% Free. Apply now!
Awesome site donor
I might be wrong but was the BB Aus house built from scratch or was it a converted warehouse or something. It certainly seemed to be built as a four waller studio which was quite easy to remodel from year to year, especially in comparison to other early BB houses which were often a number of portakabins linked together.
I think it was purpose built. But I agree with Kingston they need to move away from the kiddies' theme park if it ever returns.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Given the location of it I think it was purpose built... If it were an existing warehouse I think it would be a little more connected to the rest of the property...

SepiaBird

The SepiaBird!!!
Awesome site donor
The house was purpose built along with the production offices connected to the auditorium which is featured in this pre-season documentary from 2001: