Skip to main content

RTV News/Gossip/Snark/scandals/secrets/stuff

...I just had to laugh at this... many a time I have said while Big Brother in Australia was on that Big Brother should have told the housemates that the show had been cancelled due to such pathetic ratings due to them being so damn boring just for the shit-stir value... well it seems that it has actually happened over in the UK lol!... on this link below... cheers.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/tv/2017/03/24/eden-reality-show/

Entertainment TV
4:18pm, Mar 24, 2017
UK reality show contestants leave wilderness to rude awakening
eden-reality-show-48x27.jpg
eden-reality-show-960x540.jpg

Contestants on the series Eden have been cut off from civilisation for a year. Photo: Channel 4

Susannah Guthrie Entertainment Editor @susguthrie

Contestants on a British reality show have recently returned from a year of isolation in the Scottish highlands to learn their show was taken off air seven months ago.

Channel Four’s Eden featured 23 strangers who entered the wilderness to start over, willingly cutting themselves off from civilisation for an entire year.

Their sacrifices went largely unnoticed, however, given the network screened only four episodes from July to August 2016 before taking the show off the air entirely due to flagging ratings.

The Telegraph UK reported remaining contestants were never informed of the show’s altered broadcast schedule and remained unaware of world events.

According to Channel Four, the rest of the show will go to air eventually, albeit far later than anticipated.

“The appeal of Eden is that it was a real experiment and when filming began we had no idea what the results would be and how those taking part would react to being isolated for months in a remote part of the British Isles,” a spokesperson for the network told The Guardian.

“That’s why we did it and the story of their time, including the highs and the lows, will be shown later this year.”

To add insult to injury, the contestants will also have to come to terms with everything that has happened in the world since they began filming on Scotland’s Ardnamurchan peninsula in March 2016.

Britain voted to leave the European Union in a referendum in June, Donald Trump was elected as US president in November, George Michael died in December and countless terror attacks and natural disasters have rocked the world.

The Eden filming process was no walk in the park either, with 13 of the contestants reportedly walking off the set before the conclusion of filming citing bullying and hunger.

Contestant Tom Wah said he bailed out because, “it wasn’t what I was told it was going to be, what you see on TV is all bulls***”.

The production company behind the epic show is also reportedly bleeding money, posting a £1.7 million loss after taking on the project.

This sounds horrible.....

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/52082c434d4a7d30fb2994d6609fffee

The celebrities taking on Marco Pierre White in Hell’s Kitchen Australia are named
March 25, 201712:41am
Marco Pierre White teaches us how to cook the perfect steak
external

origin:video_integrator.Q3amplMzE61KMifaRF17c_8sIk84JBZx

Amelia SawNews Corp Australia Network
EXCLUSIVE

THE celebrities going into Channel 7’s Hell’s Kitchen Australia have been announced — and tempers are already flaring.

Joining former MasterChef host Marco Pierre White is One Nation founder David Oldfield, WAG Candice Falzon and Real Housewife of Melbourne‘s Pettifleur Berrenger.

Reality TV sweetheart Sam Frost will also be putting her skills to the test, as will Olympian Jess Fox, House Husbands’ Lincoln Lewis, former Australian NRL player Willie Mason and The Chase supernerd Issa Schultz.

a6e96c80df79e7d578623e860e264708

Wonder what House Husbands’ actor Lincoln Lewis look like in a chef’s outfit. Picture: Dean LewinsSource:AAP

535503a5bd0b1fff31cb1ef28974dee1

‘A wife should be able to cook for her husband,’ says Candice Falzon. Picture: Cameron SpencerSource:Supplied

Geordie Shore’s Gary ‘Gaz’ Beadle and loved Aussie actor Debra Lawrance — best known as Home and Away’s Pippa — are also vying for first place, which earns them a cash prize for their charity of choice.

1b75ae25f621298f307d156714db2c81

Will The Chaser’s Issa Shultz have recipes coming out of the top of his head. Picture: Annette DewSource:News Corp Australia

3e0fcee8925826c44276f730c7597c42

Sam Frost joins loves reality TV and is back for a third helping. Picture: @fro01Source:Instagram

“It’s not called Hell’s Kitchen for no reason,” Falzon told News Corp.

“When you have to serve up a three-course meal for 70 people in two hours it’s not easy … and then Marco’s there screaming at you.”

ef6332d12b5b5918215803c79c6e13d6

Marco Pierre White, the enfant terrible of British restaurants, is hosting Seven’s new cooking series Hell's Kitchen Australia. Picture: Channel 7Source:Supplied

The Ironwoman admitted her family and husband, Australian cricketer David Warner, often survived on pre-made meals, restaurant food and leftovers donated by her mother.

“I know it sounds old-fashioned but I feel a wife should be able to cook for her husband and kids. I want to be that kind of wife,” she said.

“We’re scared, quite honestly. We’re scared of the kitchen, we’re scared of Marco, and we’re scared of stuffing up.”

Michelin-star chef Pierre White, who has previously appeared on Britian’s Hell’s Kitchen, said the skill level of the Australian celebrities is “on par” with their British counterparts.

However, Pierre White admitted the main point of difference was that he, “didn’t recognise one of them. And why should I?”.

“I’m hoping I don’t break down,” Frost said, describing her cooking skill as a minus two out of 10.

“I’m not too sure how I’m going to hold up because I am such a sensitive soul. I don’t take criticism very well, I usually cry.”

But it’s not just Pierre White who’s creating the tension.

“David and Pettifleur are at each other’s throats all the time. He’s got a comeback for everything, he’s always has to have the last say,” said Frost.

“I said to him the other day, ‘Oh man, imagine what it would be like to be one of your kids’.”

59f1fc103148ac8d4c1e350651fb6ad1

The Real Housewives of Melbourne's Pettifleur Berenger dislikes ... Picture: Jason EdwardsSource:News Corp Australia

31f273594acaa9a55716ee39045d35fc

David Oldfield, whose wife Lisa stars in Real Housewives of Sydney. Picture: Justin LloydSource:News Corp Australia

Oldfield confirmed Pettifleur had already questioned him whether he was racist when he suggested she sing a “Ceylonese” pop song as she comes from a Sri Lankan background.

An accusation he refutes as “ridiculous”.

“There’s a few people on this show who are in it for the wrong reason and it’s very, very obvious,” Falzon said.

“People who are there for fame and who want to ram their intelligence and opinion down people’s throats by trying to belittle them.”

Falzon refrained from naming the contestant she was referring to but confirmed it “might be” Oldfield.

“He does a really good job of rubbing people up the wrong way,” she said.

Never one to shy away from insult slinging, Oldfield said, “Well, to Candice I would say: ‘My Wikipedia entry reads a lot nicer than hers does’.”

The polarising politician said he hasn’t warmed to anyone especially but there’s no one who is bothering him.

“They’re not the sort of people that I expect I would see socially after the program is filmed,” Oldfield said.

“That’s nothing against them but they have a different circle that they run in to the circle I usually run in.”

As is his ball-busting reputation, Pierre White said he will be taking no prisoners.

“I’m there to do a job. I’m not there to make friends, which I told them. I’m there to bring the best out of them, to make them want to push themselves to want to do better,” he said.

a8f06491936b08a7d6d2c59f50652d9f

Former NRL player Willie Mason is a shock contestant ... Source: InstagramSource:Supplied

This sounds horrible.....

...**CONFIRMED**... Mr Stickyfingers formally announces that he will not EVER be watching ANY episode of this puerile dross... especially because it has these two alleged 'human beings' in it... an annoying irritating alien android and a Neanderthal missing link... end of story!... cheers.

2017-03-25_10-52-34.jpg

...**CONFIRMED**... Mr Stickyfingers formally announces that he will not EVER be watching ANY episode of this puerile dross... especially because it has these two alleged 'human beings' in it... an annoying irritating alien android and a Neanderthal missing link... end of story!... cheers.

View attachment 52528

Lol, when I saw the article, I thought of you and how much you would hate it. So much desperation for fame. I thought Debra Lawrence was a bit above this.

Oooo I quite like the thought of Marco screaming at a few.....he better bring his nastier side, he is way to sweet on MC.

Would love to see him make Oldfield cry or at least lose it.
And give a whole lot of the rest a, nobody I know or like there, kick em down a few pegs.

And Pettyfleur could be a winner, never met a Sri Lankan of either sex that can't whip out lovely dishes.

20 REALITY SHOWS THAT ARE FAKE

Example
dr.-phil.jpg

Dr. Phil

Some people love him, and some people find him to be quite a silly man with a silly personality. I will withhold my judgment and merely state that he is practicing his job without a license. He first lost his license in the 80s when he had an inappropriate relationship with a patient he allowed to come work for him, got it back and then it expired. There is a rumor that he’s never renewed his license and that he is not really working since he’s not done so. This means his patients are not real.

more here
http://shebudgets.com/lifestyle/entertainment/20-reality-tv-shows-completely-fake/59693/7

Seven Year Switch

Seven, 9:00pm, Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 75 minutes

NEW SHOW

Four couples who are already on the rocks, try a do or die experiment (kinda sorta) where they dabble with a spot of partner swapping - well it will do something.

Have never watched this - are the couples all swingers? If so no thanks...

Seven Year Switch

Seven, 9:00pm, Mon, 17 Apr 2017, 75 minutes

NEW SHOW

Four couples who are already on the rocks, try a do or die experiment (kinda sorta) where they dabble with a spot of partner swapping - well it will do something.

Have never watched this - are the couples all swingers? If so no thanks...

No, it's not partner swapping in that sense, most just compare notes and try to figure out how to make their own relationships work. Some are inappropriate and some break up but usually it's not both partners in a pairing. It either makes them appreciate what they have, or realise what they are missing.

Reactions: kxk
Thanks @Meglos ....is it kind of funny...?
Well i find any of the dating/romance/marriage RTV shows funny....fake as plastic pants, good trashy TV I don't have to give a shit.
Unfortunately the host of the Comedy Debate makes my skin crawl, apart from doctor repeats not much on the old tellie tonight.

Oooo sounds like a good dose of trashy TV...I will catch up

ONE of Australia’s most controversial reality shows has upped the stakes and blindsided a fresh bunch of straight couples by tricking them into marrying a stranger.

During Monday night’s premiere of Seven Year Switch, viewers watched on as four seriously unhappy Aussie couples separated and switched partners in an attempt to save their crappy relationships.

But, in a delicious twist, the couples were slapped in the face with a new rule they didn’t see coming. Once it was too late for them to back out of the experiment, it was revealed they’d have to marry the stranger they’re paired with. Complete with rings.

In a hot second the series turned into Married At First Sight and I was half-expecting one of the wives to peel a rubber mask off her face to reveal herself as Nadia.

I personally believe this is how all reality shows should operate from now on. I want to see a bunch of losers who think they’ve signed up for My Kitchen Rules going about their business during the first home kitchen challenge and then all of a sudden they’re locked in the house and it’s revealed they’re on Big Brother.

(what a great idea.....somebody please do this)

More recap here if you want it -http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/james-weir-recaps-seven-year-switch-series-2-episode-1/news-story/9441a0264e854b761cb5213e5a4104a5

Let's face it, with issues like calling yourself "Sarge" when your name is Derek, and PALEO BAKED GOODS, being on this show isn't the stupidest thing these people have done in their lives.

So we have seen a few RTV waves or obsessions come and go.....

Food - everything about food has been done to death, hate it all now apart from MC

Renos - OMG, die, especially the Block, I hope the Gatwick will kill this show, they have no idea how passionate the locals are, some residents have lived there all their lives.

Everyone rents now, so we need a rental show, I could do a how to transform your rental with sheets & garage sale crap, have had to re-locate states a few times, so we just used cheap shit until our next move.

Romance - err, they are all obsessed with this stuff, and it is all so weird, mostly boring, and very manipulated. Also seems to attract the creepiest people.
These shows suck you in but never deliver, after watching a bit of MAFS, omg that show was so dreary, and very unsatisfying.

Gogglebox is the best RTV show on TV, can't we have more of this kind of RTV please. Travel Guides is trying, and has some promise, the hippies and country girls were fun. These 2 are far better because they aren't manufactured bullshit, more honest, less manipulation of viewers.

What else can they do with real people? Restaurant reviews, movie reviews, city reviews of stuff in each city here????

The genre where they live like other people is good, the historical ones I love, the families that swap, the families that live with natives.

So we have seen a few RTV waves or obsessions come and go.....

Renos - OMG, die, especially the Block, I hope the Gatwick will kill this show, they have no idea how passionate the locals are, some residents have lived there all their lives.

Everyone rents now, so we need a rental show, I could do a how to transform your rental with sheets & garage sale crap, have had to re-locate states a few times, so we just used cheap shit until our next move.

For me this has been the problem they keep going more and more ridiculously outlandish. I would love to see a reno where they actually have to do what real people have to do - use what they have and mix and match with some stuff at target and k mart etc! maybe they could start with some stuff and then they need to work with it to make it look good with a minimal budget?

What else can they do with real people? Restaurant reviews, movie reviews, city reviews of stuff in each city here????

The genre where they live like other people is good, the historical ones I love, the families that swap, the families that live with natives.

I think they need to look at new thoughts on concepts that have worked. Creative fields such as cooking design(fashion/house etc) have worked so maybe keeping in the creative - photography? dunno if that would be interesting to watch?

LOVE this, love Lee Lin Chin.....keeps it real

Awkward! SBS' Lee Lin Chin SHUTS DOWN Georgia Love after Bachelorette star tweeted her excitement at meeting the veteran newsreader ahead of the Logies

Lee Lin Chin has no time for Georgia Love, 28.

On Saturday morning, the 2016 Bachelorette took to her Twitter her excitement over being in the same vicinity as the veteran news reader at the 2017 TV Week Logies at the Crown, Melbourne

upload_2017-4-23_13-24-37.png

Lee Lin did not care for meeting her fan.

'It changes nothing. I shan't be attending,' she sharply replied back.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...hin-takes-dig-Georgia-Love.html#ixzz4f2VhvEHm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

SOPHIE MONK - Just announced she is the next Bachelorette - erk....but maybe good car crash tacky TV:)
She will need some weird guys.

Oooo Tim dormer should apply and steal her thunder - since she won over him in a rigged Celeb Apprentice

KARDASHIANS CRASHING IN RATINGS - YEAH AT LAST

“Fame today is a matryoshka doll: inside each celebrity is a series of smaller, hollow simulacra, and, at the very core, there is a hard little being who feels buried alive,” Andrew O’Hagan wrote for the London Review of Books in 2013. He was discussing the trapped, desperate Pretty Wild cast, but the idea applies elsewhere. That escalating fame requires some self-suffocation is true for the Kardashian brood — even its most obediently paparazzi-ready members.

The show originally trafficked in bawdy but trite intimacies, but as its cast’s personal crises have intensified, its popularity has faltered. The episodes depicting Kim’s robbery and its aftermath failed to attract the huge ratings of earlier seasons. Viewership has been down on average per season since 2014, according to Forbes The show isn't necessarily clumsy at addressing high stakes - it isn’t built for them.
.... there is the central question of tone. As the hardships in the lives of its cast have piled up, the show has morphed sharply from its original “happy-go-horny family shoots for the stars” premise, and not in a way that audiences seem to like.

Vulgar, crass fluff has become too dark even for morons that watch this....for example....

Story lines have gotten much darker. As a 17-year-old, Kylie Jenner began dating the adult rapper Tyga; another one of the show’s secondary cast members applauded Tyga for getting “in early.” The questionable legality of their relationship never became a plot point,

Back