Skip to main content

RTV News/Gossip/Snark/scandals/secrets/stuff

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
We are a RTV based forum without a RTV news & gossip thread, time for a thread for all that extra stuff that has no place and gets spread about.........

For news of old and new contestants, RTV stars or creeps.
New shows, old shows, cancellations.

And a place to comment on RTV weirdness.
Shows you have never seen but the people from them keep getting shoved in our face.

So - The Biggest Loser attacks a town starts tonight, 6.30pm, will you watch?

News
(from realityravings.com
http://www.realityravings.com/2014/01/17/reality-tidbits-friday-3/)

Michelle Bridges says she could not be happier and also talks about the new season of The Biggest Loser. (Source: SMH)

A new season My Kitchen Rules contestant is injured after diving into water. Since the show has been filmed it won’t hold up production. (Source: SMH)

Charlotte Dawson confirms that she is not going to be on this year’s Australia’s Next Top Model by saying young girls should not be modelling. (Source: News.com.au)

You get the feeling that Tim Dormer could be walking a fine line between funny guy and douche. Selling body parts is not something I really get. (Source: News.com.au)

Kate Gosselin is on a publicity drive with her two teen daughters to prove they aren’t screwed up by being on reality TV. However an appearance on the Today show does not help. (Source: News.com.au)
Check this out - I have never seen her show, but the interview & the girls, it's fascinating.

What are you watching, looking forward to?
Can't wait for Melb Housewives; and what Bryn does now!

American Idol - it's nice getting it fast and free. I check Jen's outfit, and few auditions for some harry & Keth loving- then flick, 2 hours of that would put me to sleep.

Kylie is kicking it on Voice UK

Everyone's got Kylie fever! The Voice contestants can't seem to get enough of the pop princess as most pick her as their mentor
It was the second show if the season and it seems like everyone, including the judges have got Kylie Minogue Fever.

article-2541851-1AC6733D00000578-112_634x477.jpg

article-2541851-1AC6736A00000578-652_634x478.jpg

And she gives good frockage, nice LBD from Gucci
Can't wait for Aussie Voice with Kylie

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-pop-princess-pick-mentor.html#ixzz2qop5bYBz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I really like this new concept for the biggest loser. The last few season of the show have felt a bit stale, but now with the show focusing on the town of Ararat it feels at least to me that the show has reinvented itself.

The opening was obviously all a big set up from Shannon and the commando walking into the biggest loser house to find Hayley and have her explain that they would be transforming an entire town, to them catching a train and walking through the town to see how bad/fat Ararat is. I found it fun, entertaining and a great way to start off the show.
Again the "town meeting" where nobody showed up to and then 100s of people walking together from out of nowhere was also set up by the producers, but you have to admit the cinematography of all those people walking together was very well done, the over head shot were really cool.

I loved the idea of Shannon and the commando interviewing the people of Ararat to find 24 people to take to boot camp, kind of like Idol or SYTYCD.

We did not see Michelle this episode, but Hayley did say that Michelle was busy with something secret and we would find out soon. I wonder if there was some sort of scheduling conflict and that is why she was not there or is she up to something really cool. Either way I am intrigued.

Channel Ten really need to improve in the ratings this year, it is really becoming annoying that repeats of the big bang theory or repeats of border security out rate almost everything on Ten. Hopefully the fact that MKR on 7 and The Block on 9 are not starting till next week will mean that TBL will hopefully build an audience this week that will carry over to the weeks that it is up against MKR and The Block.

Anyone else watching TBL?

I forgot.
But I don't watch it usually anyway, I can't stand Michelle & all the bullshit.
I did want to see this town thing start though, sounds interesting.

Didn't mind BL when they had the American trainers, much more appealing.

Wonder how much a whole town and surrounds watching effects ratings.

It will be interesting to see how they manage a house of 14 as normal plus keep a huge number of the town motivated as well.

From this week, commercial television networks reveal their 2014 schedules.
Seven - My Kitchen Rules, House Rules, The X-Factor, The Amazing Race Australia,
Nine - The Voice, The Block: Fans v Faves, Australia's Got Talent, Big Brother
Ten - MasterChef, The Biggest Loser Australia: Challenge Australia, The Bachelor, So You Think You Can Dance

The Biggest Loser gets a head start, but it will be BL v Block v MKR. (MKR for me, with some flipping to watch bitching on the Block)

Then they all have a talent show - and I guess they will put them all up together too???
I'm hoping it's AGT v Xfactor v SYTYCD. Voice is different and should be scheduled differently, I hope - since I want to watch the Voice and dancing.

There is also more stuff to fit in, American Idol, Beauty & the Geek, Survivor, etc
then the pay TV stuff, Housewives, Models, etc.

Oh and Courtney Act, from early Idol, is going to be on Ru Paul's Drag Race - and this could be why they are rushing through the previous seasons back-to-back on SBS:)

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ggest-loser-20140115-30tj9.html#ixzz2qu19DMck

I don't have pay TV, but that is the one I want to see and will find a way to view [MENTION=10]Daltrim[/MENTION].
Housewives sounds unmissable......share any goss you hear:)
Gina is the lawyer right?
Possibly the only one with an academic qualification and a traditional profession?

TV Tonight
The series begins with beautiful designer Lydia, the wife of a top architect, running fashionably late to meet friends Gina, a successful barrister, and Andrea, the owner of the Toorak based skin centre: Liberty Belle and the wife of plastic surgeon Dr. Chris Moss. Andrea invites the ladies to an upcoming VIP party at Liberty Belle – among the guests is bubbly Chyka Keebaugh, co-owner of catering and event company The Big Group and wife of her business partner, Bruce. Another guest is the recently single property developer Janet Roach who brings with her new Melbourne resident, Jackie, a celebrity psychic who is married to Silverchair drummer Ben Gillies. The stage is set for all six women to come together for the first time. But as Jackie attempts to break into Melbourne society, she throws a spanner in the works with her unnerving psychic predictions and the drama begins to unfold.

Sunday February 23 at 8.30pm on Arena.

2014-01-20_1730-300x201.jpg

I'm a sticky beak and love to see inside other peoples houses and wardrobes:)

MKR starts next week
The show screens on 3 nights next week with the first team to cook in country New South Wales.

Monday (ends 9:10pm)
In the new season, Manu Feildel and Pete Evans return to host and judge the ultimate home-cooking battle! Tonight, it’s NSW Cheesemakers Annie and Jason’s turn to cook. Will their paddock to plate philosophy shine through or will their kitchen bickering fan the flames in a tense showdown?

Tuesday (ends 8:45pm)
Tonight, it’s Canberra’s turn as newly dating couple and self-titled ‘natural entertainers’, Andrew and Emelia prepare their three-course menu. Will they create harmony or havoc on the plate?

Wednesday (ends 8:45pm)
Tonight we ride the break north to Queensland as surfer dads and teachers, Paul and Blair serve up a feast. Have they done enough homework to gain top marks?

There have been a few contestants from MKR who would be good drop in guests for Housewives, catering???
Princess Jen, Sophia, and the Queensland snobs:)

Block
7.30 from next Monday also.
So you can flip channels, mostly watch MKR 3days, then get some Block action later in the week......well it's all going to be 'encored' anyway.
9 - get Tahan to work with those twins for a bit please - that is my idea of fun. Fierce women, love it.
And Timmy can come by and do meditation and yoga to relieve the stress, his artwork could be featured.
And just get drew labouring with no shirt:)

But dumb 9 will go with Ben, if we get any crossover pop ups

Artist making reality TV real

1AABB.JPG

View all images : http://www.canberratimes.com.au/pho...0140122-318n3.html?aggregate=&selectedImage=0

‘‘Reality’’ television likes to play with what’s real and what’s not so Canberra artist Samuel Townsend has taken a certain subversive pleasure serving up some of the genre’s own medicine in a new exhibition.

The titles of his mesmerising portraits of family and friends create an expectation and then smash it with the image. Or at least lend some substance to what is otherwise the froth and bubble of television.

So The Simple Life is not Paris Hilton but a friend who craves a quiet existence, in a gentle moment with his dog. The Bachelorette is not a 20-something desperado but an elegant, older single woman in a stunning modern home. Australia’s Got Talent is not a semi-naked juggler but young artist Ned Bott in the sculpture workshop at the ANU School of Art. Bridezilla is not a crazed bride but a friend in a relaxed, reflective moment on her wedding day. Big Brother has a house but it’s not glamorous and the image shows just its steps on which two brothers sit amiably. The Voice, The X Factor and So You Think You Can Dance all feature local performers in mundate settings.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/ent...ity-tv-real-20140122-318jq.html#ixzz2r7lrkpVq

From this week, commercial television networks reveal their 2014 schedules.
Seven - My Kitchen Rules, House Rules, The X-Factor, The Amazing Race Australia,
Nine - The Voice, The Block: Fans v Faves, Australia's Got Talent, Big Brother
Ten - MasterChef, The Biggest Loser Australia: Challenge Australia, The Bachelor, So You Think You Can Dance

The Biggest Loser gets a head start, but it will be BL v Block v MKR. (MKR for me, with some flipping to watch bitching on the Block)

Then they all have a talent show - and I guess they will put them all up together too???
I'm hoping it's AGT v Xfactor v SYTYCD. Voice is different and should be scheduled differently, I hope - since I want to watch the Voice and dancing.

There is also more stuff to fit in, American Idol, Beauty & the Geek, Survivor, etc
then the pay TV stuff, Housewives, Models, etc.

Oh and Courtney Act, from early Idol, is going to be on Ru Paul's Drag Race - and this could be why they are rushing through the previous seasons back-to-back on SBS:)

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ggest-loser-20140115-30tj9.html#ixzz2qu19DMck

More of the same ol' same ol' in other words. No new ideas at all

More of the same ol' same ol' in other words. No new ideas at all

No - new ideas are on SBS and ABC, haven't checked what they are up to yet.

RTV producers are always looking for new shit - got an idea???
http://www.tvwritersvault.com/inthepress/Producers_Seeking_New_Reality_TV_Show_Ideas.asp

Pitch away Sean
What does a used-car salesman, a mother of twins, an escape artist, a private investigator, a tire store manager, and a former air traffic controller all have in common? They've all sold ideas for reality tv shows using The TV Writers Vault.

And here you go, a how to guide
http://www.wikihow.com/Write-and-Pitch-an-Idea-for-a-TV-Show

And personally - there are a stack of new things up there for me, I haven't seen half of that stuff, you must have been watching a lot of RTV.

And there are plenty of well done favourites for viewers returning but with new perspectives or ideas.

I'm really looking forward to SYTYCD returning, love the new judges; and House Rules 2nd series should be awesome.

survivor new format looks very interesting.
and I have never seen any Housewives shows

And there are always new RTV things popping up - there is a quest show in development will be awesome.

Harry Connick Jnr may well change AI forever. Have you watched him?
Harry is a revelation and a revolution.

Biggest Loser 7.30pm-8.30pm 10

Block 7.30pm-8.30pm 9

MKR 7.30pm-9.10pm 7

What will you be watching?

BL doesn't even register as RTV for me, just a horrible venue for horrible Michelle, ick

Block - only worth watching reveals, not for me

MKR - is my choice, but why drag it out so it clashes with Steven Fry? Shits, I'm switching to Fry at 8.30pm.

And SYTYCD, is launching early February, can't wait for crazy Paula.

Block is repeated every night 6pm probably GEM???

So I watched MKR for an hour - got bored and switched to steven Fry's doco.

Mmmm, MKR could be in trouble, they have beat up such villians in the past - and nobody is likely to top the Sophia fun, it feels repetitive.
They have fixed the doorbell prop issue.
It was the cheese couple from NSW last night, they cooked well - and why did the producers make them have cheese in everything? As we know they pick the menus.

Maybe I will be switching to the Block

realityravings .com is following both, with good summaries if your interested

RATINGS

MKR wins 1st round
We’re still two weeks away from the start of official ratings, but Seven’s My Kitchen Rules has just thrown down the gauntlet with its best ever premiere with a whopping 1.67m viewers last night.

Seven dominated a three-way Reality tussle with The Block (1.14m) and The Biggest Loser (560,000). So competitive was the timeslot that Nine trimmed A Current Affair to have The Block launch at 7:29pm, while Seven had a ticking clock watermark throughout its soap -looks like Programmers are back from holidays.
tvtonight.com

Well everybody checked and the Block is repeated everynight, so no brainer MKR wins. But even so, MKR I found boring.
And crap is that just the town of Ararat watching the fat torture, that show needs to die now.

On behalf on WA I'm officially disowning the snarking, bitching pair of girls that we have this year on MKR. What a pair of self centered, look at me trollops...

As for Total Loser... I'm wondering what the fallout in the town is going to be. The show plays off one against the other but at the end of past seasons everyone goes home and you never have to see each other ever again. Not this time though. These people still all have to live in the same town together once the cameras are gone...

Otherwise it's the usual public embarrassment stunts such as getting everyone to run up and down the SOH steps during business hours so everyone can laugh at and comment on the fatties. If I was one of them I'd just walk off the show in disgust and be dammed for the contract they've obviously all signed.

LOL
Sorry you can't do that they belong and represent")

I lived in WA, they are typical of many bitches I met - all they want to know is how much money anyone has, and they probably live in one of those vulgar wedding cake houses in City Beach.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry, none of this lot are in the least bit likeable (well cheesies are sweet, but who cares)- so, I may skip this round. On to the next group and hope for something better.
I think this show peaked with Sophia, she cracked me up, this is boring me to death.

I watched this last week, and found it interesting

Glamour Model Mum, Baby & Me ABC 2 9.30pm
Meet 16-year-old UK student Georgia. Her mum, topless model Alicia, is addicted to plastic surgery. Georgia wants to study for exams, but her mum's just announced she's pregnant.

Last week was all about Mum's horrible fake tits, burst on the plane or something. Her face is a wreck, the kid is a sweetie.

So apparently the real part of the Block starts tonight - elimination crap is done, and the evil sisters return

And no MKR, hmm, they are kind of avoiding head to head competing so far.
Everyone knows Block is repeated, so they watch MKR, tonight Block will get those viewers.

Loser is so far behind it must be just that town watching.

I don't know why they still bother with the elimination thing for The Block, it seems like the winners are pre-determined anyway if so,e if the past series are anything to go by.

I have watched a bit of Loser but it's seriously so boring. A few years ago my housemate and I were obsessed with it, but since then it's failed to draw me completely. The finale episode is good, I always like seeing the transformation. This year looks like a total snooze fest but I'll probably still tune in here and there.

BL was tolerable at first, when the Americans were there. Now just the adds make me want to puke - and Michelle is heinous.
This has to be the last the ratings are atrocious.

RTV bits and pieces

Mel B and Benji Madden will be coaches alongside Delta Goodrem and Joel Madden in the first season of The Voice Kids Australia, it was announced today. (will the kids know who they are, none of them are exactly current artists, Delta is a bit I guess, and oh shit will MelB sing? Can she sing?)

New RTV Show Big Adventure
Casting starts today in Sydney for the Channel SEVEN show The Big Adventure. They are looking for 12 people
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/competitions/the-big-adventure/
Check the website for more info.

Walk in with a dream, walk out with a fortune.
Would you step away from your life, for a moment in time, to make your dream a reality?
Channel 7 presents a massive new show that will change someones life forever. And any one can take part.

Sound like Dragons Den a bit.

The Block, ratings are good when MKR is not there Thursdays.
And I think the viewers may give MKR the flick after a short honeymoon period, it's dull, the people are dull, Sophia was the best villain, and Princess Jen the best fun.
Once we have had a good look at the houses who cares?
Maybe the 2nd round will have better contestants?

The Block meanwhile gave us a good 1st episode, don't count the eliminations.
They have trimmed away 9 'personalities' hogging the camera, if they keep that up and stop the silly stuff this could be good - they may have learnt from House Rules we want the focus on contestants and real work????

Back