Skip to main content

RIP Philip Hughes

No, you are fine with me. I was reading what I thought was an innocent article, until I saw a photo of cricket players in incredible distress holding onto Phillip awaiting emergency services. Why did anyone need to see that? As if they weren't going to be traumatized enough. Leave them alone
yes this...evaluating response times when Phillip has passed is tantamount to disrespect. IMHO Get these government cunts OUT of the picture hold yr inquiry later we need to mourn. Insensitive cunts

Well ACA which is on channel Nine, the home of cricket did not even mention the death of Philip Hughes, instead they went ahead with their no (one) direction special... seriously even with out the tragic death of Philip Hughes, this no direction special was a horrible Idea and it was reflected in the ratings... 547,000

Making light of a tragedy...classy.
Again with the lies.

I was responding to a post Consuela shared, but you already knew that.

I can see it is going to be another interesting night when it comes to your constant quote alerts in regards to your obsession with me.

Drink up and stoke that billy, only 5 hours to go until you become completely incoherent.

Will the bouncer get charged with anything even though it was an accident?
My partner is an absolute sports nut he says it was simply unbelievable freak accident.

My partner says there is a place in cricket for the bouncer. It is the same style Glenn McGraw, Courtly Ambrose, Brett Lee, Ian Botham, Dennis Lillee and Geoff Thomson used, just to name a few.

We have my partners cricket bat at our front door tonight as a salute.

Such a horrible thing to happen. He was a much loved boy, that is clearly evident.

Will the bouncer get charged with anything even though it was an accident?

It wasn't a bouncer, the person, but a type of bowling in cricket. Basically, the other guy was just going through the motions in his job. Missed you around this season

It wasn't a bouncer, the person, but a type of bowling in cricket. Basically, the other guy was just going through the motions in his job. Missed you around this season
My mistake I thought Miki was saying "bouncer" and meaning the person who bowled the bouncer.

Miki I think you will find Conseula made the same mistake when hearing the news, confusing the type of ball to the occupation.

I'm still going to have to disagree @Trala
The intent of a boucer to to hit the batsmen in the face with a ball going 150km/hr.
At top level cricket, that's akin to trying to kill someone.

It really agitates me when people call this a "freak accident".
It wasn't an accident at all. The bowler achieved exactly what he was trying to achieve.
His delivery was a "textbook" perfect bouncer. Sharply rising with unexpected pace with spot on perfect accuracy.
Is nobody else at all disturbed by the fact that a "perfect" delivery in this sport results in someone's death???

Dennis Lily and Jeff Thompson were vicious. Where many Aussies feel pride in the way they played, I instead feel ashamed.
Everyone is so desensitized to it these days that they think it's perfectly acceptable and just part of the game.

It doesn't have to be!!

The intent of a boucer to to hit the batsmen in the face with a ball going 150km/hr.

It wasn't an accident at all. The bowler achieved exactly what he was trying to achieve.
His delivery was a "textbook" perfect bouncer. Sharply rising with unexpected pace with spot on perfect accuracy.
Is nobody else at all disturbed by the fact that a "perfect" delivery in this sport results in someone's death???

Dennis Lily and Jeff Thompson were vicious. Where many Aussies feel pride in the way they played, I instead feel ashamed.
Everyone is so desensitized to it these days that they think it's perfectly acceptable and just part of the game.

It doesn't have to be!!
Yes and people have forgotten the bodyline series with Jardine.[DOUBLEPOST=1417166265][/DOUBLEPOST]
Again with the lies.

I was responding to a post Consuela shared, but you already knew that.

I can see it is going to be another interesting night when it comes to your constant quote alerts in regards to your obsession with me.

Drink up and stoke that billy, only 5 hours to go until you become completely incoherent.
lol narcissists always have an excuse. If it aint about YOU then, like most narcissists, no empathy.

I'm sorry to get all serious. As a troll I know I'm not supposed to have my own opinions on things.
But this issue really gets my goat.

Nobody tell Antigretel I expressed an actual opinion on something.

It doesn't have to be!!
To be fair I have no idea what bowling style is what.

My partner is the avid sports nut and played cricket for many years, I have just asked his opinion he said it is not used to hit people in the face, he said it is used to confuse the batsman and keep them guessing as to what shot is coming next.

Cricket experts are calling it a "freak accident", my partner agrees.

I can't really debate the point, because I have no idea of bowling terms, the opinion I shared is my partners. I am not suggesting it is right, but it is his opinion.

My mistake I thought Miki was saying "bouncer" and meaning the person who bowled the bouncer.

Miki I think you will find Conseula made the same mistake when hearing the news, confusing the type of ball to the occupation.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know what to say, I'm still in shock. I know that every time I see a bouncer hit the head of whoever's batting, I stress out that they'll be dangerously hurt but it's still a shock, and very upsetting that the little guy didn't make it. As for the bouncer's place in cricket, I don't know. As someone who loves the game, my gut reaction is to keep it but yeah..maybe I'm wrong.

Back