Skip to main content

Repeatedly reported threads locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a RUOK Thread for Support, for those that wanted something to say and share and hopefully, get some support - whilst isolated in this world, and there was support in those posts. Some may not have support in RL and it was a good thread. Many Topics were discussed and were supported by others. Just to say I am Listening and with no Judgement. There was also referral for places to seek out, when needed. So sad to see such a thread to be closed.
Just want to address this point especially as I agree with every word in there and I think threads like that really do serve a purpose on a forum community, not just for the people who contribute to them but for others who may not feel comfortable in discussing their own issues but can find comfort in the words of others.

The thread was ultimately locked for what it became rather than what it was intended to be, but I do hope and I am sure that a replacement thread will appear here in time. I just ask, as in the opening post, that all members show respect for each other, for the forum community and most importantly for themselves.

Just want to address this point especially as I agree with every word in there and I think threads like that really do serve a purpose on a forum community, not just for the people who contribute to them but for others who may not feel comfortable in discussing their own issues but can find comfort in the words of others.

The thread was ultimately locked for what it became rather than what it was intended to be, but I do hope and I am sure that a replacement thread will appear here in time. I just ask, as in the opening post, that all members show respect for each other, for the forum community and most importantly for themselves.
So are we allowed to make replacement threads? The OT chit chat thread had become a safe place of chatting amongst some since one poster was banned from posting in that thread. If we make a replacement thread, could we please have that same poster banned so that we can discuss our lives and happenings without being personally attacked?

HIGHLY UNLIKELY

Maybe a disgusted thread instead

Reactions: Tee
Many thanks for your responses and to those of you who have understood the reasoning behind the decision. Further action has been taken against a few members in the interests of giving this area the best chance to get back on track.

The community here is one of the best on the internet and it's important that nobody ever becomes bigger than the community itself. As I said in the opening post a time-out would really benefit some members and the responses in this thread from certain members highlighted that. Therefore a handful of members have earned a no-expenses paid one month vacation, whilst one, having already had a final warning, has been shown the exit door.
Haha about the no-expenses paid! Cute!

Thanks @Brekkie something had to be done and soon. To paint a bit of a picture for those who might not know, some of the locked threads were getting a point where pages upon pages of toxic and irrelevant posts were being deleted, which is significant for a forum like this one where we moderate only when absolutley necessary, and even then this action failed to get those individual threads back on track. As Brekkie, said these toxic posts were from a handful of members.

So let us now all try and get along with each other :). Yes there may be some disagreements between members but disagreements can be resolved peacefully. And if for some reason you just can't get along with someone without throwing questionable posts their way, then the ignore feature is waiting so that you can move on without dragging down the whole forum.

I am appalled this has been necessary - you are adults, get a grip and stop being whiny babies.
Deal with your issues, and stop insulting each other, if you are not capable of conducting adult communications, piss off and do a course or something.
STOP HARASSING MODS - OR THIS PLACE WILL BE LOST
And make an effort to make the place hum - contribute, post content, stop just gossiping and bickering

Clearly we have no idea what our poor mods have endured, to get to this point is UNUSUAL.

There are trouble makers still around and returning - I am making a plea for posters to stop being whiny, petty, wankers.
Invest in producing content, rather than spite.
The only way this forum survives is by making it effortless for mods and owners, and by creative and interesting content provided by posters.

There is a tacit understanding historically, the forum may remain as long as it is not a pain or a drain.

Last edited:
I am appalled this has been necessary - you are adults, get a grip and stop being whiny babies.
Deal with your issues, and stop insulting each other, if you are not capable of conducting adult communications, piss off and do a course or something.
STOP HARASSING MODS - OR THIS PLACE WILL BE LOST
And make an effort to make the place hum - contribute, post content, stop just gossiping and bickering

Clearly we have no idea what our poor mods have endured, to get to this point is UNUSUAL.

There are trouble makers still around and returning - I am making a plea for posters to stop being whiny, petty, wankers.
Invest in producing content, rather than spite.
The only way this forum survives is by making it effortless for mods and owners, and by creative and interesting content provided by posters.

There is a tacit understanding historically, the forum may remain as long as it is not a pain or a drain.

Seriously? So where is the line?
Calling people whiny, petty, wankers is okay, but insulting people isn't?
I'm confusedo_O

Thanks @Brekkie something had to be done and soon. To paint a bit of a picture for those who might not know, some of the locked threads were getting a point where pages upon pages of toxic and irrelevant posts were being deleted, which is significant for a forum like this one where we moderate only when absolutley necessary, and even then this action failed to get those individual threads back on track. As Brekkie, said these toxic posts were from a handful of members.

So let us now all try and get along with each other :). Yes there may be some disagreements between members but disagreements can be resolved peacefully. And if for some reason you just can't get along with someone without throwing questionable posts their way, then the ignore feature is waiting so that you can move on without dragging down the whole forum.

I just want to apologise for my part in the bollocks.

The stupid thing is you end up obsessed by it, I swear, I was at a point I couldn't stop. The bottom line is you end up wasting your day/night negatively fixated on cyber people you don't know, over bullshit that doesn't matter.

Thanks for putting me in the naughty corner. I absolutely needed a time out.

I promise I will try to be good :)

Gee...this is disappointing. I've just seen some of this, and some of the posts are disgusting.

What has happened to this place...and some members...

acorn-email-signature.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back