Skip to main content

Repeatedly reported threads locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is short, if you haven't found your joy, get up and run, you have no time at all...

In the meantime, here is some joy for you to enjoy.

Had no idea you could report a thread or ban a poster from one. Who keeps REPORTING and whinging to mods?
Ban them.
If they can't cope with a forum, then they should piss off.
Agree with @Fuzz leave our poor mods in peace - or they will shut the whole mess down.
I'm surprised the mods didn't read the riot act when that serial spurious report fiend reported a stand-alone golden book. That was history making. Imagine getting that in your moderation inbox.

Had no idea you could report a thread or ban a poster from one. Who keeps REPORTING and whinging to mods?
Ban them.
If they can't cope with a forum, then they should piss off.
Agree with @Fuzz leave our poor mods in peace - or they will shut the whole mess down.

Exactly. Is it that hard to be civil towards other people? I wouldn't think so. The OT Thread was in no way "innocent".

Thank you @Brekkie for being fair to everyone. Masterchef is on, BBUK is on, Survivor Australia is starting soon as is The Bachelor. Let's just enjoy the privilege we have by Tim et. al. creating this forum

I have tonight locked three threads which are repeatedly reported by members here - indeed sometimes it feels like there are more posts made to our moderation forum than the rest of the forum as a whole.

Most of you here are long term squatters freely enjoying the accomodation Tim has left open for us long after it has served it's purpose so please do treat each other here with more respect. More importantly, treat yourself with some respect and if you feel like there are issues which you need to report everytime you visit here perhaps it's time to ask yourself whether you should continue to visit us. At the very least a time out wouldn't do you any harm.

There is a community here which the moderators aren't really involved in on a day to day basis and you're trusted to look after yourselves. We really don't want to have to step in unless we have too, and that's the way I'd like it to remain. However should the behaviour of certain members continue to be such a cause for concern we may have to switch from moderating with a light touch to a zero tolerance approach in order to serve the best interests of the majority of forum members.
Thanks Brekkie for the explanation.

I have tonight locked three threads which are repeatedly reported by members here - indeed sometimes it feels like there are more posts made to our moderation forum than the rest of the forum as a whole.

Most of you here are long term squatters freely enjoying the accomodation Tim has left open for us long after it has served it's purpose so please do treat each other here with more respect. More importantly, treat yourself with some respect and if you feel like there are issues which you need to report everytime you visit here perhaps it's time to ask yourself whether you should continue to visit us. At the very least a time out wouldn't do you any harm.

There is a community here which the moderators aren't really involved in on a day to day basis and you're trusted to look after yourselves. We really don't want to have to step in unless we have too, and that's the way I'd like it to remain. However should the behaviour of certain members continue to be such a cause for concern we may have to switch from moderating with a light touch to a zero tolerance approach in order to serve the best interests of the majority of forum members.

Thank you for tireless service to these forums, Sir. You are fair and honest with your approach to these message boards and I appreciate it very much. It's a pity that some other members had to ruin it for the rest of us well-behaved citizens.

Oh please Bring back OT @Brekkie please. Was great to go there and chat, only problem we had there lately was Reepbot posting absolute crap to interfere with the flow of conversation. THAT was the prob.

nothing crap about Mooseface worship, shadowblessyou!

nothing crap about Mooseface worship, shadowblessyou!
I dont want to badger anyone what where and with who they should post (and I dont want anyone badgering me about same) and nor do I want a reporting frenzy but I think there is a consensus that the mooseface posts have gone toooo faaar.....so maybe take it down a notch. Or three...? What do you say?

I dont want to badger anyone what where and with who they should post (and I dont want anyone badgering me about same) and nor do I want a reporting frenzy but I think there is a consensus that the mooseface posts have gone toooo faaar.....so maybe take it down a notch. Or three...? What do you say?

I'm just amused that the same posters who cry foul over my innocent posts ignored, and in some cases even took part in calling poor @Witty Banter a pedophile. Trying to ruin and destroy his reputation. In my personal opinion they were very lucky that Witty Banter didn't take it any further.

What a sad state of affairs this whole place has become.

There was a RUOK Thread for Support, for those that wanted something to say and share and hopefully, get some support - whilst isolated in this world, and there was support in those posts. Some may not have support in RL and it was a good thread. Many Topics were discussed and were supported by others. Just to say I am Listening and with no Judgement. There was also referral for places to seek out, when needed. So sad to see such a thread to be closed.

This forum has become so toxic and I am sad for that. Mainly by one poster. He posts belittlement. He uses words that are abusive and his own opinion. Anyway - I don't give a shit anymore - Karma will be the truth in the end. He will always sit on his high horse and judge.

There are some great members that have left - and who knows where they are now and if they are OK in life - I so hope they are.

I'm just amused that the same posters who cry foul over my innocent posts ignored, and in some cases even took part in calling poor @Witty Banter a pedophile. Trying to ruin and destroy his reputation. In my personal opinion they were very lucky that Witty Banter didn't take it any further.
Hm. I dont know what reputation he may have had. But I kind of feel if he did have one then he pretty much ruined and destroyed it himself... I didnt really catch what triggered the mario cart 'saga' but ... I saw alot of not very nice posts by him. So... I personally dont really think he can cry foul. Anyway - I'll try and refrain from discussing it further.

Hm. I dont know what reputation he may have had. But I kind of feel if he did have one then he pretty much ruined and destroyed it himself... I didnt really catch what triggered the mario cart 'saga' but ... I saw alot of not very nice posts by him. So... I personally dont really think he can cry foul. Anyway - I'll try and refrain from discussing it further.
Witty said he played Mario Cart with 10 year old children. Many felt a 42 year old man playing games online with children he doesn't know is odd.

In my opinion it is strange behaviour and I would be horrified if I found out my 10 year old was playing games online with an adult stranger.

Witty however finds this to be a normal adult activity and outrage ensued.... for 7 solid months.

Exactly. Is it that hard to be civil towards other people? I wouldn't think so. The OT Thread was in no way "innocent".

Thank you @Brekkie for being fair to everyone. Masterchef is on, BBUK is on, Survivor Australia is starting soon as is The Bachelor. Let's just enjoy the privilege we have by Tim et. al. creating this forum
Interesting.

I didn't think you went in to the OT thread.

Many thanks for your responses and to those of you who have understood the reasoning behind the decision. Further action has been taken against a few members in the interests of giving this area the best chance to get back on track.

The community here is one of the best on the internet and it's important that nobody ever becomes bigger than the community itself. As I said in the opening post a time-out would really benefit some members and the responses in this thread from certain members highlighted that. Therefore a handful of members have earned a no-expenses paid one month vacation, whilst one, having already had a final warning, has been shown the exit door.

Many thanks for your responses and to those of you who have understood the reasoning behind the decision. Further action has been taken against a few members in the interests of giving this area the best chance to get back on track.

The community here is one of the best on the internet and it's important that nobody ever becomes bigger than the community itself. As I said in the opening post a time-out would really benefit some members and the responses in this thread from certain members highlighted that. Therefore a handful of members have earned a no-expenses paid one month vacation, whilst one, having already had a final warning, has been shown the exit door.

...ouch! for those members that are on a month's suspension and double ouch! to the person on the permanent ban... my heart feels for you all... but thanks to Brekkie for not pulling the pin on the website altogether... that is so much appreciated by me and I dare say many others... "The community here is one of the best on the internet"... Amen to that Brekkie... I've been a member of many many forums before now and gave them all away and just stayed on these forums for that very reason... thank god that it's still here regardless of what caused all of this to happen... let's hope that we can all get back to having fun again... (there's me with those rose-coloured glasses on again)... sorry... I'm just a sentimental optimistic old nuff nuff at times lol!... thanks for keeping us informed Brekkie... cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back