Skip to main content

regarding female HMs

derspatz

non green multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Much of the little to medium amount of BB I've watched this season has been with the sound OFF.

From what little I've watched with the sound ON, the viewing experience is prolly better that way anyway.

Of all the things I've noticed watching BB in that way, what really stands out more than anything else is how female HMs typically jump up and down on the spot when they are happy or excited.

Obviously such behaviour isn't just limited to female HMs ... it seems to be quite common to females from far younger to far older.

My question is ...

Why ?

Is it a "born that way" kinda thing, or learned behaviour, or a copycat sort of thing, or is it because it feels nice somehow, or is it to try and get taller or more noticeable than the next person, or is it to make the "squeeeeeeee" that typically goes with it sound different, or is it to get away from the "squeeeeee" that typically goes with it, or is it something that not only have I failed to realize but also couldn't hope to understand because I'm a bloke ?

Dunno if there are any right or wrong answers to this sort of question so it should be pretty derspatz proof and you should feel both safe and welcome to offer your own insights and experiences regarding the "jump up and down on the spot" phenomenon.

I'll confess right now that I currently hold no firm view, hypothesis (let alone theory) as to why presumably billions of little girls through to old women seem to enjoy jumping up and down on the spot (while also typically squealing) when they are happy or excited about something.

In short, I'm open to being convinced one way or another about something I don't as yet understand.

So folks, why to the female HMs jump up and down on the spot so much and why is it such common female behaviour anyway ?

regarDS

There are a lot more learned mannerisms - both masculine and feminine - than simply jumping on the spot. I don't think it's right to single females out when a lot of the most distinctive sub-conscious social behaviour and mannerisms comes from guys actually, as they're generally more observant of social hierarchies amongst their own gender than women are, as well as being more sensitive about appearing masculine than females are about being stereotypically feminine. That's no fault of the guys - it's just that tomboyish behaviour from females is unfortunately more socially acceptable than what's considered to be effeminate for males.

All this generation jump for fun, you want to get out more

It's all about 'the drop', and then jumping, jumping - a lot

http://youtu.be/oIlxnbdlN-c
[video=youtube_share;oIlxnbdlN-c]http://youtu.be/oIlxnbdlN-c[/video]

Excited kids do it all the time. I think it is just a reaction that is more acceptable in females so they aren't told not to do it and males are leaned on so stop doing it.

Just FYI I don't do it though and am a gen y/gen x cusper

Deep in our evolutionary history this behaviour would have helped the early humans to survive in the times of famine in Africa. So now you know.

Jumping women/girls often jump as a result of excitement. Excitement is normally accompanied by a release of adrenaline. Some studies suggest that women are more sensitive to hormone release (and particularly adrenaline) than men. One of the easiest ways to rid the body of excess adrenaline is to increase the bodies activity level. Hence the jumping.

Studies also show that women are even more sensitive in the premenstral time period.

Therefore, if you see a bunch of jumping women you should take immediate evasive action!

...it's just that tomboyish behaviour from females is unfortunately more socially acceptable than what's considered to be effeminate for males.
Now sure, there is the occasional "pussy" or "faggot" thrown at a effeminate man, but it seems like feminine behavior on a guy is more accepted, the way I see it. Feminine men are perverse on TV - usually they will be fashion gurus and TV personalities. I rarely have seen a butch or a tomboy in the entertainment business.

When a girl is butch people usually call her names like 'fat', 'ugly' and men will say how much of a turn off she is. When a guy is feminine, I've seen more "nawww, how cute" thrown around.

But then again, both sides get hate anyway.

Cheers BB for contributing to this discussion by providing the female HMs with a skipping rope or two.

I take it that your view is females jump up and down when they are excited because it gives them the same sort of physical fun (both individually and collectively) they can get from skipping rope.

Seems to me to be just as much a reasonable answer (if not moreso) as all others thus far.

regarDS

Now sure, there is the occasional "pussy" or "faggot" thrown at a effeminate man, but it seems like feminine behavior on a guy is more accepted, the way I see it. Feminine men are perverse on TV - usually they will be fashion gurus and TV personalities. I rarely have seen a butch or a tomboy in the entertainment business.

When a girl is butch people usually call her names like 'fat', 'ugly' and men will say how much of a turn off she is. When a guy is feminine, I've seen more "nawww, how cute" thrown around.

But then again, both sides get hate anyway.

I think Ellen would disagree.......Rosie too

And what your really talking about is passive v aggressive, fem guys unthreatening passive; butch women are seen as aggressive and threatening.

Oh and I think tomboys are accepted if they are cute and there are quite a lot around - like that girl who does weather 7 or 9 weekends, some people on home shows, women athletes

Hang on, so to summarize, women jump when excited due to adrenaline hypersensitivity, and because they are farting, menstrual African men?

Cool, I get it now.

Back