Skip to main content

Priya vs. Travis

She made him look like the EXTRA CHROMOSOME that he IS.

To me last night, he looked like a Bully and I don't really use that word. It was appalling. Priya handled it so well. I would have gone in the toilet and cried my eyes out. I wouldn't have wanted to show how much I was hurt, but I wouldn't been able to stay there, take it, as did Priya

So did I. When he said to her, "at what point do you just stop and look in the mirror at yourself when people are telling you you're arrogant" etc. He totally nailed it.

I don't even particular like him, but I thought it was hilarious for her to be shut down like that by a bogan. Her argument just seems to be "Well Im allowed to be like that.. nyer nyer". That's fine, but if you're going to be like that, be prepared to be called out for it and not be all defensive and offended by it.
I take it completely opposite. They wanted her to apologize for a characteristic that is ingrained. She told them " I have looked in a mirror. I am ok with me" I take that she is entertained by the arguments. And the boys like to win. And she won't let them. Which drives them nuts. Which is were the whole Travis game came in. It was Travis' way of getting the last word. He didn't allow her the last word. Then when she didn't enjoy it, they tossed it off as it was just a bit of fun. But he set out to humiliate her. I wouldn't like it, and I doubt you would either.

I take it completely opposite. They wanted her to apologize for a characteristic that is ingrained. She told them " I have looked in a mirror. I am ok with me" I take that she is entertained by the arguments. And the boys like to win. And she won't let them. Which drives them nuts. Which is were the whole Travis game came in. It was Travis' way of getting the last word. He didn't allow her the last word. Then when she didn't enjoy it, they tossed it off as it was just a bit of fun. But he set out to humiliate her. I wouldn't like it, and I doubt you would either.

You respect her for being entertained by arguments? I think she's embarrassing herself on national TV to be honest, acting very childish with a profession such as hers, is only going to damage her.

She's only driving them nuts, because they are forced to be living in the same house together.

You're fixated on them "winning" arguments etc. This is the very quality of Priyas that pisses people off. You don't need to "Win" arguments all the time, people just have opinions. Lina is the same. You don't need for your opinion to "win". She needs to get over herself. And thats exactly what the other housemates have identified about Priya and Lina.

How do you even know that Travis didn't allow her the last word? You're just making things up from a 1 - 2 hour tv show edit. You seem to be filling in a lot of blanks to the series of events, that we would have no clue about.

You respect her for being entertained by arguments? I think she's embarrassing herself on national TV to be honest, acting very childish with a profession such as hers, is only going to damage her.

She's only driving them nuts, because they are forced to be living in the same house together.

You're fixated on them "winning" arguments etc. This is the very quality of Priyas that pisses people off. You don't need to "Win" arguments all the time, people just have opinions. Lina is the same. You don't need for your opinion to "win". She needs to get over herself. And thats exactly what the other housemates have identified about Priya and Lina.

How do you even know that Travis didn't allow her the last word? You're just making things up from a 1 - 2 hour tv show edit. You seem to be filling in a lot of blanks to the series of events, that we would have no clue about.

Arguments or character assassinations? I think if they were genuinely debating issues other than themselves. Priya would be more than willing to acknowledge and accept defeat.

Priya doesn't have that simpering, subservient need for approval from the boys. That's what triggers their aggression.

All human beings need levels of approval from others. If you didn't, you'd be sociopathic. Also, did you really have to limit it to the 'boys'? It's not just the boys that can't stand this bitch.

All human beings need levels of approval from others. If you didn't, you'd be sociopathic. Also, did you really have to limit it to the 'boys'? It's not just the boys that can't stand this bitch.

Yes and she gets that basic human need for approval in her private life outside the house. What I'm referring to is a sycophantic, superficial approval the others seem to crave.

I respect your opinion. I wish you could mine. As for Travis not "allowing" the last word, his game, Travia, was a passive aggressive attempt at shutting her down. In a debate or an argument, there is usually a winner. As far as being entertainment. Just look at us, by us I do not just mean you and me. I mean the show, I mean twitter, I mean this forum, I doubt very seriously, that if there weren't argumentative people, it would be as entertaining. Drama is after all what people keep coming back for. If everything was peaches and cream, no one would reach for chocolate.

The sexual tension is strong with these two. They were flirting all episode. I did laugh at Priya saying "should I get one with threatened?".

I looked at it, as I often do. Relating it back to a very school like situation.

Travis was being a douche. It was a stupid game yes, but she wasn't interested in the game kind of being at her expense, being made fun of in a group situation. An unfair silly game with the boys. It's one of those, you can't win. The very reason people do these sorts of things is because it will upset and annoy you.

So for Priya, she isn't someone that will just submit and role with the silly unfair game as she wasn't really expecting it to be as such. The second she says something, gets annoying. The ball is rolling and it makes things worse for her. Where it's harder for her to just give in. Why should be? But the jokes on her nature of the game ramps up, precisely to get a reaction from her.

The whole thing with the last work. To be honest Ryan was the big dick. The way he framed Priya being firm on her opinions was in a manner that she was always wrong. Shit like, 'If you were arguing that blue brick was red, you wouldn't never give in.' Which spoke to Ryan's arrogant nature. His complain was that she won't give in to his opinion and gets annoyed she doesn't/ won't. I think she explained herself in these and came off better.

I know however the morons that watch this show don't pay attention and probable think different.

Priya must come from the same planet as Drax the Destroyer where they take everything literally. Or maybe she can be compared to a Vulcan sorry @Spock , as they both have identical "comedic" timing.

The "disrespectful" remark from Travis was clearly tongue in cheek, Priya just struggles to recognize sarcasm she's battled with it all through the series.

Back